There are innumerable reasons why people choose Gusto for their payroll process even though they’re using QuickBooks as accounting software. Gusto Payroll is the easiest way to pay employees and contractors. As a full payroll service, they take care of all payroll tax filings and payments on your behalf. Unlike other online accounting integrations, QuickBooks Desktop does not get data via automatic sync.
Instead, data is exported to an Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file, which you can download from Gusto and then import into your QB account. This guide tells you how easily you can import Gusto Payroll into QuickBooks. So, if you’re also looking for the import/export process, stay tuned with this guide till the end.
Set up the QuickBooks Desktop
To export your payroll into QuickBooks Desktop, you need to first set up QB in Gusto.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- First, run your payroll then go to the Payroll section and select the “Payroll History” option
- Once you’ve run the payroll, hover over it and then click the tab “View details”
- Now, click “Export” which is next to “QuickBooks Desktop”
- In case, you don’t see the “Export” option then you may require to first connect your QB Desktop account from the “App directory”
- With this, an IIF file will be downloaded onto your system
- At last, sign in to your QuickBooks Desktop account and then upload an IIF file.
Troubleshoot the IIF file uploading issues, if required
When using the default import option in QuickBooks Desktop 2019 or 2020, you may encounter IIF upload difficulties.
Learn more about the default import method here:
- When importing the IIF file, the QBD default import option for these versions runs additional verification checks. However, import may fail for a variety of reasons.
- For instance, the IIF upload may fail if you have an employee in Gusto that does not yet exist in your QuickBooks Desktop Company. To fix the problem, you’ll need to create the employee in QB Desktop first, and then import the IIF properly.
- While QuickBooks Desktop runs a variety of additional checks, you can implement them using the steps mentioned below if you don’t think they’re necessary or helpful.
Steps to import the IIF file without review
If you import your IIF file without first reviewing it, there may be inconsistencies in the data that Gusto sends to QuickBooks Desktop. To confirm that all data has synchronized correctly, perform the following steps:
- Verify that the journal entries, entities, and accounts all are correct
- Along with that, verify whether you’re able to reconcile everything successfully or not
- There might be some risk in importing unbalanced entries using this approach.
Follow the steps to import IIF file without reviewing it:
- Perform the same steps 1 to 6 that are discussed above
- When it prompts to import, click the Main Import IIF button, instead of clicking the “Import it for me. I’ll fix it later”
- In the end, confirm whether you want to import the IIF file using this approach or not.
Gusto Payroll in QuickBooks Online
The ease of use is the most appealing factor for users to choose Gusto for the payroll process. For some users, the ability to combine payroll, benefits, and HR capabilities on an one platform is the deciding factor. For whatever reason, an increasing number of organizations are choosing Gusto as their QBO integrated payroll platform.
However, as an accountant, bookkeeper, or business advisor that provides payroll services to clients, you want a payroll solution that meets the demands of both your clients and your firm. Accountants who sign up their clients for Gusto’s full-service payroll, benefits, and HR technologies to get dedicated assistance as well as exclusive bonuses and savings with Gusto Payroll.
Set up the QuickBooks Online
- First, sign in to the Gusto and then move to the “App directory”
- Under the Categories, click on the “Accounting”
- Now, click on the tile “QuickBooks Online”
- After that, click “Connect” and then enter the QBO credentials to get connected
- For accounting firms: Select your accounting firm first, then the company which exactly you want to manage.
- Keep in mind that you’ll need admin permissions in both Gusto and the QuickBooks Online account which you’re trying to connect.
- Once done with that then allow the QBO and Gusto to sync by clicking on the “Authorize”
- Next move is to map the “Chart of Accounts”
- Let us know which QuickBooks Online accounts will sync with which payroll transactions
- Choose whether the sync should be done automatically or manually
Each time you run payroll, the total wages, taxes, benefit deductions/contributions reimbursements, and contractor payments will now sync to your QuickBooks Online account.
Hopefully, this guide will be helpful for you in the process of importing Gusto Payroll into QuickBooks. For more queries or doubts, you can use LIVE CHAT options to clear your doubts with QuickBooks Professionals.
Things That Can be Imported to QuickBooks from Various Ways
Import Wells Fargo Payroll Details to QuickBooks
Import CSV Payroll Files into QuickBooks
Import Payroll into QuickBooks
Import Payroll data from QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Import Accountant’s Changes In QuickBooks
Import Payroll IIF file into QuickBooks
Import payroll from QuickBooks Online to Desktop
Import Payroll Data to from XML to QuickBooks
Import Square Payroll Data into QuickBooks
Import Payroll Data into QuickBooks
Import Payroll Files into QuickBooks
Import Payroll Hours into QuickBooks
Import ADP Payroll Into QuickBooks Online & Desktop
QuickBooks Import to CSV Files
Import Payroll Template into QuickBooks
Import Accounts Details into QuickBooks
Import .QBB file into QuickBooks
Import Employee Data into QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks Payroll Timesheet Import
Import Gusto Payroll into QuickBooks
Import IIF File into QuickBooks
Import Credit Card Transactions In Quickbooks Desktop
Import voluntary payroll deductions into QuickBooks
Import Transactions into QuickBooks
Import Payroll Item list into QuickBooks
QuickBooks Import & Export – Issues & Guides
QuickBooks Import & Export – Issues & Guides
QuickBooks Transaction Pro Importer Error Message
QuickBooks Import Error