In this complex world of business, undoubtedly companies heavily depend on data in order to be ahead of the current competition world. However, timely and accurate data helps management in various aspects such as resources, pricing, cost controls and more. In fact, accurate data and reports matter a lot while making better and informed decisions.
Some of these reports are generated from payroll data because payroll is the largest single cost for almost all businesses. In short, it is important to keep the data accurate and safe for better visibility and growth of business. In this article, we are going to discuss how to import Payroll data into QuickBooks Online from Excel. So, make sure to read this article carefully if you’re looking for the process to import your Payroll data from Excel spreadsheet.
Important things that can be done before you start importing:
- Backup of your data
- It is always a good idea to maintain a backup file as you’re dealing with the financial data
- If possible, you can secure your data on any external hard drive.
Steps to import Payroll Data into QuickBooks from Excel
- First, go to the File menu from the top navigation bar
- Next, select the Utility tab and navigate to imports
- After that, select the Excel file and click on the Advanced Import
- Now, specify how you want to handle your duplicate entries or error within .csv spreadsheet from the preferences tab
- In the end, click “Import” and navigate to the file that you require to be imported and then click “Open”.
Import Payroll Data into QuickBooks from Excel
If your payroll data is kept in Excel by you or a third party, you’ll want to import it into QuickBooks at some point of time. If you don’t know how to do that simply follow the below discussed ways.
There are mainly 3 ways to import your payroll data in QuickBooks from Excel, they are:
- Using a specifically formatted excel file
- Using advanced import method
- Using the copy and paste method
However, the other two methods are self-explanatory and thus this article focuses on the most advanced method of importing payroll data into QuickBooks. This method allows you to keep the formatting and readability intact. So, without wasting time let’s proceed with the steps for importing your payroll data.
Advanced Import: Steps to import Payroll Data into QuickBooks from Excel
It is noted that not only payroll data of your employees can be imported but also a list of your customers, suppliers, and other items that you maintain. Any data that you want to keep a track on can easily be imported within your QuickBooks Online. However, the import process might be different for each and every item that you import.
There are certain sets of requirements that you need to fulfill before doing an import. These are very requirements that should be specified in your Excel file so that content within your QuickBooks becomes much more useful and readable. Requirements that you would be required to fulfill can be seen from the sample file report.
Steps to download the sample data
- Initially, login to your QuickBooks and then go to the Settings tab from the top navigation bar
- Next, select “Import data” from the drop-down list
- After that, select the file type and then click on the “Download Sample”
- Once you have downloaded the sample file then open the file along with your Excel spreadsheet where you have maintained your data
- Now, simply copy and paste your data in appropriate columns within the sample file that you downloaded.
You can check now your payroll data is successfully imported but in case, you find any error then that can easily be fixed or corrected within the Error Log window.
Hopefully, this article is helpful for you and helps you to easily import Payroll data into QuickBooks Online from Excel. For more queries or issues, you can reach out to QuickBooks Professionals. Meanwhile, you can use our Live Chat option by visiting our website www.bigxperts.com.
Things That Can be Imported to QuickBooks from Various Ways
Import Wells Fargo Payroll Details to QuickBooks
Import CSV Payroll Files into QuickBooks
Import Payroll into QuickBooks
Import Payroll data from QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Import Accountant’s Changes In QuickBooks
Import Payroll IIF file into QuickBooks
Import payroll from QuickBooks Online to Desktop
Import Payroll Data to from XML to QuickBooks
Import Square Payroll Data into QuickBooks
Import Payroll Data into QuickBooks
Import Payroll Files into QuickBooks
Import Payroll Hours into QuickBooks
Import ADP Payroll Into QuickBooks Online & Desktop
QuickBooks Import to CSV Files
Import Payroll Template into QuickBooks
Import Accounts Details into QuickBooks
Import .QBB file into QuickBooks
Import Employee Data into QuickBooks Payroll
Import Gusto Payroll into QuickBooks
Import IIF File into QuickBooks
Import Credit Card Transactions In Quickbooks Desktop
Import voluntary payroll deductions into QuickBooks
Import Transactions into QuickBooks
Import Payroll Item list into QuickBooks
QuickBooks Import & Export – Issues & Guides
QuickBooks Import & Export – Issues & Guides
QuickBooks Transaction Pro Importer Error Message
QuickBooks Import Error
Import Support ↗
QuickBooks Import & Exports Support
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support