Internet Connection Errors IC 67186429, 67186457, 67186445, and 6718407 are difficult to troubleshoot. Users have reported these errors alongside Error 2079784187 when trying to update payroll. These errors have many causes including firewall settings, internet settings, and damaged files. In this article, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot and fix these errors.
Once you’ve gone through the steps provided in this article, you’ll be able to download and install the Payroll Updates.
Note: Make sure that you have an active QuickBooks Payroll Subscription.
Before starting out, restart your system and try updating QuickBooks. This has reportedly helped many users in getting rid of Internet Connection Errors IC 67186429, 67186457, 67186445, and 6718407.
Solutions for Internet Connection Errors IC 67186429, 67186457, 67186445, and 6718407
Verify that QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription is Active
Let’s start with the basic steps. We must ensure that you have an active subscription of QuickBooks Payroll. Only then you should move to other methods.
To check the status of your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription, follow the steps provided below:
- Restart your system and launch QuickBooks.
- Click on Employees, then on My Payroll Service.
- Click on Account/Billing Information. Check the status of your subscription. Make sure that it is active.
- Click on Close.
If your payroll subscription isn’t active, then you may have to purchase a new one. Otherwise, you can activate payroll and enter the subscription key.
Verify Service Key
Users are assigned a service key when they purchase a subscription of QuickBooks payroll. This 16 digit service key is used to enable payroll features in QuickBooks Desktop. If the service key entered to activate Payroll is wrong, then you’ll have to correct it.
To enter a service key to activate Payroll in QuickBooks Desktop, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch QuickBooks and click on Employees from the main menu.
- Select My Payroll Service.
- Click on Manage/Add Payroll Service.
- If you selected Add Payroll Service, then click on Payroll, and select Enter Payroll Service Key.
- The QuickBooks Service Keys window will appear.
- If a payroll service is available, then click on Edit, otherwise Add.
- Enter the correct service key in the Service Key field. Users who have a disk delivery service will need to enter the disk delivery key as well.
- Click on Next, and then Finish.
- On the Payroll Update message window, click on Ok.
- Now check that the service shows the Active status. Then click Ok.
The Payroll Service Key is usually available through the registered email address. Intuit has created an automated service key retrieval tool that can be used to get the service key for your payroll subscription. Otherwise, you can sign in to your Intuit account and get information about all the active subscriptions.
However, there are cases in which this automated tool will not work. Some of these scenarios are provided below:
- Users who’ve purchased the payroll product from a third party retailer won’t be able to retrieve their information from this tool.
- The contact information provided doesn’t match the one that Intuit has on its files.
- You have multiple payroll subscriptions for a single company.
You can also try to remove the payroll subscription from QuickBooks and then activate it with the correct service key. This isn’t recommended but can be an option that works for you. However, if you do decide to follow through with this, then back up your company file beforehand.
Correct the Date and Time of your System
If the Date and Time of your system are incorrect, then you’ll get internet errors. If the date and time are incorrect, then follow the steps provided below:
- Right click on the Date and Time displayed on the taskbar.
- Select Adjust Date and Time.
- Enter the correct date and time for your zone.
Now try to update QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. If you still get Internet Connection Errors IC 67186429, 67186457, 67186445, and 6718407, then follow the next methods.
Adjust Internet Settings
Internet Explorer can create issues when using the payroll subscription. To resolve this issue, you must add Intuit’s URL as a Trusted Site in Internet Explorer. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch Internet Explorer and click on Tools.
- Select Internet options.
- From the Security tab, click on the Trusted Sites icon.
- Click on the Sites button.
- Enter *intuit.com in the Add this website to the zone box field.
- Clear the checkbox in front of ‘Require server verification (HTTPS:) for all sites in this zone.’
- Click on Close, then Ok.
However, sometimes this isn’t enough. In some cases, users can access the internet from their system but cannot download Payroll updates. In such scenarios, it is important to configure Internet Explorer. But once you’ve verified that the date and time are correct and the cipher strength is appropriate, then you can move to the method provided below.
Firewall and Security Software
In some scenarios, firewall and security software are notoriously known for blocking port connection to QuickBooks. If the Windows Firewall or your security software deems QuickBooks a threat, then the connection will be blocked, and you won’t be able to update Payroll.
However, the solution to this problem is simple. You can disable your security software and create new rules for Windows Firewall. Once you do this, you’ll be able to download the payroll updates.