About QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start or Won’t Open Problems
Intuit introduced QuickBooks desktop 2020 accounting software with new & advanced features that will lead to help our users to get paid faster and work more efficiently. They provide all flexible and powerful solutions for increasing the growth of your business. The mains features of this upgraded software are automated payment reminders combine multiple emails in one place and automatically add customers’ PO to invoice emails.
Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start or Won’t Open Problems
- When QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- To open the company’s file, when a user using an improper QuickBooks version.
- When the same company’s file is opened on the shared network.
- Using improper ways to open certain files.
Solution QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start or Won’t Open Problems
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tools Hub
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- In the tools hub, select Installation Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Let the tool run. It can take up to 20 minutes.
- When the tool finishes, restart your computer.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Solution 4: Repair your QuickBooks Desktop Installation
Run a repair to replace all damaged installation files.
Solution 5: Run the Clean Install tool from the Tools Hub
The Clean Install tool auto renames your old install folders for you. This allows QuickBooks to add new install files when you reinstall. It won’t remove your company files.
Fix QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start or Won’t Open Problems
Method 1: To resolve this issue, you can open your company’s file directly from the QuickBooks desktop step by step. The following steps are given below:
- Go to QuickBooks file, click on open or restore company.
- Select the file you want to open and navigate the file located in it.
- Click the file and open directly the QuickBooks company file.
Method 2: Prevent from the opening windows
- Click on the “No company open window.”
- Find your QuickBooks Company’s file name and open it.
- After that, press and hold the ALT key and click on open.
If you open the file, you need to follow these steps:
- Click on the Edit menu and go to preferences.
- Choose desktop view and go with “Don’t save the desktop.”
- After the completion of processing, click Ok.
Method 3: Change the name of.TLG and.ND extensions
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks company file and click on the transaction log file.
- Rename the company file OLD.qbw.TLG and open the file.
- After that, QuickBooks automatically creates files of the.TLG and.ND extensions.
Important note: Don’t delete these files, after recovering all lost data.
Method 4: To fix this error, you need to change your company’s file location
- Create a folder in your C: drive and open the company’s QuickBooks file folder location.
- To select the company’s file, press and hold the CTRL key.
- Then click on the file and copy all the company’s data.
- After that, paste the data into the new folder.
Method 5: Look over to your file extension
- Go to the QuickBooks Company file folder location, click on the company file properties.
- Verify the QuickBooks’s company files type and size (minimum size of 7 MB) and click on the advanced option.
- Must be sure about compress and encrypt options are checked and then click on OK.
Method 6: Appropriate connection for installation
Run the QuickBooks tool and repair your installation with a clean performance of reinstallation.
How to reach us?
After following all these ways, if you still face any issue or any query in your mind regarding QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start or Won’t Open Problems, you can directly connect with our expert time via customer care or drop a mail at our official website www.bigxperts.com. You can also chat with us via LIVE CHAT; the link icon is given at the right corner of our official website.