What is QuickBooks BEX Error
Popularly Known as Buffer Overflow Exception, QuickBooks BEX error happens when an application tries to save more data on a memory block than it can hold. When the BEX error occurs in QB, then it displays an error message “QuickBooks has stopped working” on your screen. Windows can look for a solution to the problem online.” However, the problem causes QuickBooks to crash, leaving users with two options: either they can exit QuickBooks or look for an online resolution.
Error: QuickBooks BEX error
Error Message: “QuickBooks has Stopped Working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem”
Like other applications, QuickBooks also relies on the Windows file system and resources to perform properly. But if a program crashes with memory resources, then you may experience a QuickBooks BEX error. BEX (Buffer Overflow Exception) error triggered when a program interferes with Windows data execution by storing data that exceeds the memory region’s limit. Don’t fret! It is an unusual issue that can be readily fixed if the exact reason for the error is found. In this post, we will figure out how to determine the causes of issues and how to troubleshoot them in the least possible time. Make sure you read this blog post until the end to get complete awareness of the QuickBooks BEX error that makes it easy for you to troubleshoot it and get back to work.
QuickBooks BEX error can be encountered in any of your Windows OS versions. As you already know, this error affects not just QuickBooks but also other Windows applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and a variety of others. It displays an error message with a Problem Event Name of BEX as the issue and an application name of qbw32.exe, indicating that the error occurred in QB. However, it is an uncommon error that can be quickly remedied if you are aware of the various causes. We’ve included all of the likely causes in the next section of this blog to make things easier for you. When you experience a BEX problem in QuickBooks, it shows an error message.
What are the main reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks BEX error?
The BEX error in QuickBooks is caused by several issues with the QuickBooks Desktop application and the Windows operating system, including corrupted Microsoft components such as Visual Basic C++.
Below we have listed every reason that can cause QuickBooks BEX error:
- The data on your hard drive has become corrupted or has been damaged.
- .NET Framework and Visual Basic C++ are among the Microsoft components that have been damaged.
- The QBWUSER.INI file in QuickBooks is corrupt or missing.
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your company file name might be a bit lengthy or long.
- QuickBooks processes are being disrupted by the third-party security software installed on Windows.
- Windows system files that have been corrupted.
Important pointers must be taken into consideration before you jump to troubleshooting methods
Consider the following points before proceeding with error resolution to save time and avoid errors, as well as to streamline the error resolution process:
- Make sure you’re not running QuickBooks Desktop 2014 or previous versions on Windows 10, as they’re not compatible.
- Make sure the company file name isn’t more than 35 characters. If this is the case, rename the file to make it shorter.
- Exclude QuickBooks from your antivirus or anti-malware software’s scan list.
- QuickBooks can be reinstalled using the Clean Install Tool, which can fix a broken QuickBooks installation.
- If you’re having the same problem while using other Windows applications and your machine isn’t running well, you should examine your hard disc. Replace the damaged one.
- If you’re getting an error when trying to open the company file, try updating QuickBooks without doing so.
- If automatic updates are disabled, do a Windows operating system update.
- Use the Windows Check disk feature to check your hard drive for damaged or faulty sectors.
Resolutions for QuickBooks BEX Error to fix it with ease
You’ve already gone through the basic troubleshooting steps, which resolve the issue in most cases. If the error persists after checking the pointers stated above, use the advanced troubleshooting steps listed below to get the QuickBooks BEX error resolved immediately.
Resolution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool by downloading QB Tool Hub
- Start with downloading and installing of the QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version
- Next, press the keys Ctrl + J at the same time to open the download folder
- Now, perform a double-click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe downloaded file, also agree to the given terms and conditions
- After that, you have to follow the instructions to complete the installation
- Move to the Desktop after the installation is successfully completed
- And then close all the programs that are running background on your system
- Open the Tool Hub by clicking on the same icon
- You can also use the Windows Search feature in order to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, if you’re unable to find it with the above step
- Once done with that then give hit on the tab called “Installation Issues” and choose the option “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”
- Again follow the instructions on the prompts and then let the tool repair the damaged installation components
- Finally, you have to reboot your PC and verify whether the QuickBooks BEX error is resolved or not.
Resolution 2: Repair the QuickBooks User file
If the QuickBooks User File is corrupted, rename it using the instructions below:
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to \ Users\ [user name]\ AppData\ Local\ Intuit\ QuickBooks on the C drive
- Right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file to open it
- Choose Rename and then Add
- Now, you have to add the word OLD and make sure it appears at the end of the file name after adding it
- At last, check to see if the BEX error is still present in QB.
Important Note: Try opening a sample company file if the software opens after renaming QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml. If you are unable to open your own sample company file, copy your file to a new folder. If it opens from there, then it is pretty possible that the problem could be a damaged folder or permissions on the folder.
Furthermore, if you are still unable to login into your file, your company file is most likely corrupted. As a result, you must attempt to restore the file from a previous backup.
If you can’t access your file or QuickBooks won’t start, it’s possible that your installation is damaged or gets corrupted.
Resolution 3: Update your Windows Operating System with the latest release
If Windows Update can help you to resolve the QuickBooks BEX error then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- To bring up the Run window, use Windows + R on your keyboard
- In the Run window’s textbox, type Control Panel and press Enter
- Locate and select Windows Update from the Control Panel, or type Windows Update into the top-left search box
- To check for updates, go to Windows Update and select Check for Updates
- If Windows finds any updates, click Install Now to download and install them
- Restart the machine once Windows finishes installing updates and try installing QuickBooks Desktop again.
Moreover, you can use Windows Update to get updates. However, if you wish to manually download a program from the Windows Update list, such as a Service Pack or a specific security update, you can visit Here.
Because the QuickBooks BEX error is so closely linked to Windows, there’s a chance you’ll keep seeing the error even if you follow the steps above. It is expected that it will help to fix the error but the only suggestion is you must follow the instructions in the described manner as single mistakes can end up in different trouble or glitches.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support