Undoubtedly, QuickBooks software has some of the best features, but the software’s unique payment option known as “Merchant Service” is an amazing feature among them. It is an add-on to QuickBooks payment options that allows your customers to process, manage, and automate transactions through the Internet. It is one of the best QuickBooks solutions for quickly processing all types of credit cards.
With the extension, you can pay promptly with a credit card whether you’re running an e-commerce company or selling things offline/at home. When payments are processed in the Merchant Service Center, you may receive an error notification “QuickBooks credit card processing not working”. To deal with this issue, simply read this complete blog till the end and figure out what causes the error then execute the solution steps accordingly.
Multiple reasons can end up in the “QuickBooks credit card processing not working” issue
A few of them are jotted down:
- The online page becomes unresponsive.
- An error has occurred in the response from the remote server.
- It is not possible to display this page.
- The ability to navigate to the webpage has been disabled.
- Deposits, payments, and fees are not available for download.
- Transactions using credit cards did not go through.
- Updates were not able to be applied.
- The links or buttons for merchant service do not work.
How to avoid the “QuickBooks credit card processing not working” issue?
Well, as said before troubleshooting can be applied depending on the reasons which are causing the issue. Once you got to know the actual reasons behind the occurrence of the error then you can carry out the below steps:
Solution 1: Clear the Internet Explorer temporary files, cache, and cookies
Deleting temporary Internet files, cookies, and browsing history of your Internet browser regularly will keep your browser optimized for best performance. Here’s how:
Internet Explorer 8:
- Start with opening the Internet Explorer 8
- Next, click on the Tools option
- Now, click Clear Browsing History or simply press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys altogether from your console
- After that, select the “Temporary Internet Files” tab
- Select Cookies >>> History
- Once selected then hit the “Delete” button.
In Internet Explorer 7
- First, go to the Tools
- Then click on “Delete Browsing History”
- Finally, select the “Delete All” tab.
Solution 2: Verify that Internet Explorer must be enabled
In some cases, you may have disabled Internet Explorer for some reason, re-enable it for QuickBooks to get the best out of QB. To enable Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Start and then go to the Settings menu
- Next, select the Apps option followed by the “Optional features”
- After that, select “Add a feature”
- Select Internet Explorer 11
- Select Install (1)
- Restart the computer when prompted to reboot.
Solution 3: To see if anything needs to be rebuilt using the Verify Data feature.
- Select the Window and then “Close All” to close the window
- Go to the File menu from the top menu bar
- Select “Utilities” from the drop-down menu
- Now, select the “Verify Data” option.
You’ll see one of several possible messages after verification is complete. I’ve listed them all, along with their definitions:
- “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data,” implying that no action is required
- “Your data has lost integrity,” – This signifies that your company file has data damage
To fix the problem, you’ll need to rebuild the system
- Select the File menu >> Utilities and then Rebuild Data from the drop-down menu
- A warning window will appear, advising you to back up your company file; click the OK button
- A company file backup is required before a rebuild since the process may need to delete transactions or list entries to fix the file in rare situations
- A backup of your company file ensures that you have a secure copy of your company file before making any modifications
- Choose a location for your backup and then click “OK” at the bottom of the QuickBooks Desktop Backup box
- If a message appears asking if you wish to replace a backup file, choose “No”
- In the File name field, type a new name and save it
- If the backup fails, choose “Cancel” from the Rebuild dialogue
- As soon as the backup is complete, the Rebuild Data program launches
- When the notice “Rebuild has completed” appears, click the “OK” button.
You can also see whether there’s a data problem or if any security software on your PC is causing a problem.
Dealing with problems like QuickBooks credit card processing not working isn’t as simple as it may appear. Due to impediments, the user needs to deal with a slew of issues. However, to easily rectify such an error, this blog is going to help you for sure as it contains all possible remedies in one place. For more queries, you can do a LIVE CHAT with our QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support