System requirements for QuickBooks 2020
Discover what your PC needs to run the best QuickBooks Desktop 2020 experience.
Get the best involvement in QuickBooks. Here’s useful information about the working framework, equipment, programming, and different necessities to run QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2020 and QuickBooks Enterprise 20.0
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed (only ed until January 2020)
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Note: QuickBooks expects you to utilize Windows locally and not through an emulator or virtual condition.
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows Server 2016|
|Windows Server 2012 R2|
|Windows Server 2011Note: Windows Small Business Server 2011 is not compatible with QuickBooks Desktop.|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1|
|Windows 8.1 (update 1)|
|Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only)|
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||OpenSuse 42.3|
|Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)|
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended|
|Server RAM Requirements|
|1-5 Users: 8 GB RAM|
|10 Users: 12 GB RAM|
|15 Users: 16 GB RAM|
|20 Users: 20+ GB RAM|
|Disk space||2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files)|
|Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD|
|Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to the US only).|
|Require minimum 4.0GB RAM.|
|Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.|
|Note: For the best performance, store your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive.|
|Windows||US version of Windows.|
|Regional settings are ed when set to English.|
|Administrator rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi-User access.|
|Natively installed – means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means it doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.|
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server).|
|Screen Resolution||Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.|
|Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.|
Note: Internet access is required.
You can incorporate QuickBooks with many different applications. The following is a rundown of the most well-known applications you can utilize. To discover more, go to the Intuit App Store.
Note: Additional RAM can improve the utilization of these highlights.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit.
- Note: Office 365 is only ed when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-ing e-mail clients.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 SP2 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook(the download is available at no charge). Note: Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Syncing could cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V18.0 and V12.0
- TurboTax 2019, 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2019, 2018
- Pro-Series tax years 2018-2020 (For US only)
- Quicken 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2020, 2019, 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*). Note:*Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
We tested QuickBooks Pro 2020, Premier 2020, and Enterprise 20.0 with the following firewall and antivirus programs.
Note: In some cases, you may need to adjust some settings in these programs to get the best possible QuickBooks performance.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: QuickBooks will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because it may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.
QuickBooks for Mac 2020 System Requirements
Minimum system requirements
- At least macOS 10.14 (Mohave); ed by macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server.
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended).
- 250 MB of available disk space.
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for downloaded installation.
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs.
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Checks are not ed.
- Product registration required.
- Exporting report data: This requires Apple Numbers v3.5, Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Emailing: This requires Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Payment: This requires Intuit Merchant Service if you accept credit and debit cards. Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac is sold separately and subject for application approval. Debit card transactions are processed as Signature Debit, which does not require entering a PIN code.
- Payroll: Here are the Payroll services that will work with your QuickBooks for Mac:
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- Intuit Full Service Payroll
- Top Pay from Aatrix
Note: Payroll for Mac requires your EIN and an internet connection to work. Printing checks and forms also require Adobe Reader. Additional fees may apply.
- Mac apps: You can sync QuickBooks Desktop for Mac with Apple’s Calendar, Messages, and Contacts.
- File conversion: QuickBooks for Mac 2020 s:
- One-way conversion to QuickBooks Online
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2016 to 2019
- Two-way conversion from and to QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
If any users need personalized or instruction on QuickBooks 2020 Release Date and New Features, for help call our Quickbooks 2020 Support Phone Number at +1-800-816-6849 available round the clock for QuickBooks 2020 users.
Learn more about QuickBooks 2020 new features. (Click Here)
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support