Epson is a well-known brand that produces a wide range of printers, from inkjet to laser, in a variety of styles, sizes, and combinations. It can be used at home or in the office to fulfill personal and professional printing jobs. Due to its exceptional features and well-functioning during the printing process, Epson printers have been the first choice of a large number of people all over the world.
When using an Epson printer to print, fax, or scan, most users run into a variety of issues. When this happens, there are two options for troubleshooting Epson Printer problems. To fix the printing problem, first identify the problem and then implement a viable solution.
However, when someone uses an Epson printer to print, a variety of issues relating to Epson printer troubleshooting can develop, and users may not be able to entirely resolve the issue. In that case, all of you who are feeling helpless are recommended to read the blog-post as here we have discussed all the common possible printer problems and its reliable solution.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Epson Printer Problems: Step-by-Step Instructions
If you have an Epson printer and are experiencing any bothersome printing issues, take a look at the following solutions. Below are listed some of the most frequent printer issues, as well as suggested remedies.
Take a quick look at the following:
Solution 1: Check your printer connectivity
It’s possible that your Epson printer isn’t correctly linked to your computer. As a result, it’s important to double-check your printer’s and computer’s connections.
If you’re using a USB cable to connect your printer,
- Make sure it’s connected properly. If it isn’t, reconnect the connection and double-check that it is properly positioned in both your printer and computer’s ports.
- Without the use of a hub, connect your printer directly to your computer.
- If it doesn’t work, try connecting the cord to another USB port on your computer.
- It’s also possible that you’ll need to try a different cable to check whether the one you’re using is the issue.
If you’re using a network printer
- Check your network connection as well as your network equipment, such as your router and modem.
- Check your printer’s network connection status to see if it’s properly connected to the network.
- If your printer uses a wired connection, reconnect or replace the network cable as needed.
- If you have a wireless printer, try reconnecting it to your home or office network.
If you’re using Bluetooth to connect your printer
- Be sure it’s close enough to your computer.
- To see whether this fixes your problem, try repairing your printer with your computer.
Solution 2: Update Your Printer Driver
If you’re using the wrong driver or it’s out of date, your Epson printer could not work properly. You should upgrade your printer driver to verify whether this is the case for you. If you don’t have the time, patience, or skills to manually update your drivers, Driver Easy can do it for you.
Driver Easy will automatically detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer uses, you don’t have to worry about downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake during installation.
- Driver Easy is a program that you can download and install
- Click the Scan Now option in Driver Easy
- After that, Driver Easy will scan your computer for any issues with drivers
- To manually install the latest and right driver for your Epson printer, click the Update icon next to it
- You can also use the Update All button in the bottom right corner to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version; you’ll be offered to upgrade when you click Update All).
Solution 3: Set Your Printer as Default Printer
It’s possible that your Epson printer isn’t operating because it hasn’t been set as the default printer on your computer.
To make your Epson printer your default printer, follow these steps:
- To open the Run box, simultaneously hit the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard
- On your keyboard, type “control” and press Enter
- Select “Large icons” from the View using drop-down menu
- Select Devices and Printers from the drop-down menu
- Select “Set as default printer” from the context menu when you do a right-click on your printer.
Solution 4: Verify the Print Spooler Service
Your computer’s Print Spooler function manages your print jobs as well as the connection between your printer and your computer. If this service is disabled, your Epson printer will not function properly. You should check to see if the service is up and operating.
To test this service, go to:
- To open the Run box, hit the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard
- On your keyboard, type “services.msc” and press Enter. The Services window will open as a result of this
- Double-click Print Spooler to open it
- Ascertain that the Startup type is Automatic and the Service state is Active
- If it isn’t already, change the Startup type to Automatic and press the Start button
- Click on the Ok button
- Check to discover if your Epson printer is capable of printing in color.
Solution 5: Clear all your print jobs
If your Epson printer’s print queue becomes stuck, you won’t be able to use it. You must clear your print queue in this scenario in order to utilize your printer.
To clear your print jobs, follow these steps:
- To open the Run box, hit the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard
- On your keyboard, type “services.msc” and press Enter
- With this, the Services window will open
- Double-click on the Print Spooler to open it
- Click Ok after stopping the same
- Reduce the size of the Services window
- Then go to File Explorer and open it (on your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time)
- To get to where the print jobs are saved, copy and paste the following address “ %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS” into the address bar and hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard
- Restore the Services window by deleting all files in this folder
- The Print Spooler service will then be double-clicked
- Start by pressing the Start key
- Click OK to save the modification and shut this dialogue after the service has been launched
- Turn off your computer after closing all open windows
- Unplug the power cable from your printer and turn it off
- Allow at least one minute for your printer to cool
- Turn your printer on by plugging in the power cable
- Your PC should now be turned on and then see whether your Epson printer works.
Method 6: Use Another Program to Print Your Document
If the printing application you’re using isn’t operating properly, you can have a problem with your printer not printing. Using different software, check your printer. If your program is the source of the problem, seek guidance from the developer or vendor, or install a different program.
Method 7: Check The Status of Your Printer
If you’ve done all of the above and your printer still won’t print, you should look into the printer’s hardware.
- Check to see whether you have any ink or toner left. When the ink or toner cartridge has to be replaced, do so.
- If the problem arises after you’ve changed a part in your printer, try reinstalling the original part to see if it solves the problem.
- You should also look at your printer’s screen to see if there are any errors.
Hopefully, you’ve learned a lot about Epson printer troubleshooting and are now able to quickly resolve your printer issue. If you’re not satisfied with the Epson Printer Troubleshooting guides given above, consulting with highly skilled tech-geeks is another effective option to solve your printer problem.
Why is my Epson Printer printing blank pages with QuickBooks?
Low ink and print settings are the two main causes of the Epson printer generating blank pages.
How can I overcome an issue called “unable to find my Epson Wireless Printer”?
Carry out the instructions for Epson printer wireless troubleshooting.
1. Ensure that the Epson printer is switched on.
2. Make sure your printer and PC are both on the same wireless network.
3. Set up the printer over the wireless network again if necessary.
4. Uninstall the current printer software and reinstall it following the on-screen directions on the PC.
5. Make sure to choose Wireless as the connection type while installing.
What are the steps involved in the resetting of My Epson Printer?
If you are having problems with your printer’s settings, you can reset it using the steps suggested below:
1. Press the Home button on the Epson printer’s control panel
2. Select Setup and then Restore Default Settings from the drop-down menu
3. Select one of the following options
* Wi-Fi/Network Configuration
* Copy Settings
* Fax Preferences/Settings
4. Delete All Information and Settings
5. When you click “Yes”, the printer begins to reset the appropriate settings.