About QuickBooks Error 0x80040707
|The Pervasive database is not installed in the correct manner. The Registry key has been damaged.
|The missing or invalid windows registry., There are problems with installation and upgrading.
|Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
|QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frozen.
|Edit Registry Entries, Re-Install & Upgrade QuickBooks.
QuickBooks errors can be very frustrating. Hindering the performance and dropping the productivity rate make things worse. Errors could be handled properly if you have great tech knowledge, which is not always possible. One such error is installation errors that pop up right before you could begin.
QuickBooks Error 0x80040707 is another installation error that troubles the best of us. The Bigxperts team focuses on providing the best resolution to the errors. Follow the guidelines to resolve the issue:
Understanding the Installation Error
If you are getting an error message on your computer screen, which reads “Error Number: 0X80040707 DLL function call crashed ISRT. PathGetSpecialFolder Setup will now terminate“, then there is something wrong with the Windows Registry.
Causes of QuickBooks Installation Error
As mentioned, this error has its roots in the problem with Windows Registry. It occurs if the path in the Windows Registry is either missing or invalid. We will need to fix the registry entry to resolve this issue permanently.
Serval Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 0x80040707:
- Missing or invalid windows registry.
- Problem in installation.
- There are problems with installation and upgrading.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 0x80040707
Follow the steps below to fix QuickBooks error 0x80040707:
- Reboot Computer System
- Edit Registry Entries
- Re-Install & Upgrade QuickBooks
There is more than one resolution for this error. Any of them might work with your system as the root of the problem varies from system to system. We suggest you follow the solutions in the given manner.
1. First Solution: Reboot the Computer System
This step is simple. Reboot the computer system and try to install QuickBooks Once more. If the problem persists, proceed to try the next step in the line.
2. Second Solution: Edit Registry Entries
This step involved editing the registry entries in Windows. We advise you make a proper backup of your registries before you proceed further in the process.
Correcting invalid registry key:
- Go to the home screen and press Windows+R Key to launch the Run
- Type regedit in the given search bar and hit Enter.
- The registry will open on the screen.
- Now, back up the registry.
- You can see a key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on the left side. Click on the + sign given below it. The key will expand.
- Follow to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager.
- Now go to the right-hand side panel, press the right-click on PendingFileRenameOperations, and go for deletion.
- Now shut down the Windows Registry and retry the installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
3. Third Solution: Re-Install & Upgrade QuickBooks
If the problem is related to the re-installation and upgrading QB, follow these guidelines:
- Browse the directory that holds the QB installation file.
- Press right-click on the file and choose Run As.
- Finally, step involves unchecking the box which reads Protect My Computer And Data From Unauthorized Activity and hit
By following these simple steps, you should be able to resolve the issue permanently.
However, if the issue persists or you are in the need of further assistance with other QuickBooks-related products on your Windows OS-based computer system, get in touch with our online QuickBooks experts team. They are a third-party consultancy that has a brilliant QuickBooks help desk. You will get in touch with our QuickBooks experts by calling on CALL NOW.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support