QuickBooks error 1311 appears during the update or export process. When the error occurs, the accounting software stops functioning as intended, and sometimes even crashes. While QuickBooks is great accounting software, errors such as these can lower your productivity and even require you to install a fresh copy of the software.
However, that isn’t necessary to fix error 1311 because we’ve mentioned other problems that are most likely causing this issue. It isn’t important to have a CD-ROM in order to fix this error. As a setup for both QuickBooks and Microsoft Office are available online, you can use those setups and avoid using the CD, which may have damaged setup files.
When the installation files or Microsoft Office files are damaged, you can get Quickbooks error 1311. Further, an incompatible version of Microsoft Office can also lead directly to the software crashing.
That’s why we’re going to use a setup file downloaded from the internet and the repair utility available in windows to fix this error. We’ll also check the compatibility of your Microsoft office with the edition of QuickBooks installed on your desktop.
In this post, you’ll learn how to fix QuickBooks error 1331.
|Error Name:||Error 1311|
|Error Description:||QuickBooks Error 1311: “Source file not found (name of the file). Check that file exists and that is accessible to you.|
|Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Cause:||Incompatibility between Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Desktop., Installation CD or CD-ROM drive is damaged.|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.|
|Solution:||Copy Files to hard driver and then install it, Checking Compatibility of Microsoft Office.|
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1311?
Some misconfigurations and errors cause QuickBooks to show the error message “QuickBooks error 1311:” The origin file could not be found (filename). Confirm that the file exists and that you can reach it”
Noted below could be the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 1311:
- Incompatibility between Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Microsoft office installation error.
- Corrupted, or damaged Microsoft office
- Installation CD or CD-ROM drive is damaged.
What are the indications of QuickBooks Error Code 1311?
If you experience one or multiple symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 1311 then you are required to diagnose your system for this particular error code. Here is the list of some common signs and symptoms that will surely help you to detect the exact issue.
- QuickBooks Error 1311 shows up on the screen itself.
- During the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop, the company disk is not functioning properly and failing repeatedly.
- Whenever a file is being exported to a given media, the QuickBooks freezes entirely.
- The users are unable to export one or multiple reports from QuickBooks Desktop FSD to Microsoft Excel.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1311?
After understanding all the factors, you are suggested to go through the below-listed methods one by one as it will assist you to choose the correct solution accordingly. So, let’s get started to proceed further:
Method 1: Change the CD-ROM access
To prevent QuickBooks Error 1311, you need to alter the CD-ROM access. For this, follow the steps enlisted below:
- Firstly, you would have to navigate to the Start menu and then head to the Control Panel option.
- Now, select Administrative Tools and then choose Local Security Policy.
- From the drop-down menu, you need to expand the Local Policies folder and then tap on the Security options.
- Then, you must restrict access to CD-ROM only for the specific users who are currently logged into the local network.
- In the end, redo the selection process is done in this last step. After that, you can restart your computer.
Method 2: Perform scanning and Installation
QuickBooks Error 1311 can be fixed if you perform scanning and installation and use the Command Prompt. Below are the steps you need to check out:
- To complete this step, you must have Administrator access to your particular system.
- Now, you have to start it by opening the Command Prompt as an Administrator and then click on SFC/SCANNOW; once you are done with that, press the Enter key.
- When the scan is finished, monitor the process by typing the Command Prompt given below: msiexec/unreign, and later hit the Enter tab once again.
- After this, you have to type the following: msiexec/regserver and click on the Enter tab.
- Once all the above-mentioned steps are implemented, the Creative Suite Product Installation would be easier.
Method 3: Copy and Reinstall the Files to the Hard Drive
Copying and reinstalling the files to the Hard Drive is the best way to eliminate the QuickBooks Error Code 1311. Carry out the steps inclined below:
- Begin with inserting CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- On the desktop, hit right-click on the Start option and then select Explore from the notifications and pop-ups option.
- Now, choose the desktop on the left pane and create a new folder on the Desktop.
- Tap on the New Folder option to highlight the location and after this, go to the File menu on the toolbar.
- Next, you need to hit the New tab and later press on the folder created just now.
- Furthermore, give a name to the folder QuickBooks for accessing it later on.
- Move your cursor to the QuickBooks CD-ROM and then copy the folders and files here such as:
- After that, you are required to paste these files and folders in the QuickBooks folder on the desktop.
- When all set, open the particular folder and run the setup manually to install QuickBooks Updates.
Method 4: Reinstall the CS4 Application
If you reinstall the CS4 Application, you don’t have to encounter QuickBooks Error 1311 on your screen. Below are the steps to do so in a proper manner:
Hover over the Start menu and tap on Run if the operating system in your computer is Windows XP.
- Now, select msiexec/unreg in the open field and then click on Enter tab.
For Windows Vista, you must choose All Programs, cross to Accessories and then press Run.
- In the open field, choose msiexec/unregserver and hit the Enter key.
- It’s preferable to reinstall the CS4 software.
Method 5: Verify Microsoft Office Compatability
Microsoft Office must be updated to use a financial statement designer. After this, the report can be exported directly from QuickBooks to Microsoft office. In order to verify the compatibility, it is necessary to perform the troubleshooting steps described below:
- Initially, switch to Control Panel and then hit a double click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Now, choose Microsoft Office to do the adjustments.
- The variations need to be changed to Microsoft 2000 or later.
- In case the version is not 2000 or later, you would have to modify or repair it as per the guidelines provided to handle this issue.
Method 6: Run the Photoshop Elements Disc
By using the Photoshop Elements Disc, you can get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 1311. The steps included in this section are as follows:
- The very first step is to insert the Photoshop Elements Install Disc into the particular DVD/CD-ROM drive.
- Next, tap on My Computer and make right-click on the Photoshop Elements Disc.
- You need to prepare a folder on the desktop and then copy the particular Adobe photoshop elements folder in it.
- Once the copying is done, do eject the disk.
- Now, open the Adobe Photoshop Elements and press twice on Setup.exe to start the installation process.
- Lastly, pay attention to the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Installing QuickBooks from the copied folder on the desktop:
To install QuickBooks from the copy folder on the desktop use below mentioned steps:
- We will open the folder we had created and copy the files to.
- Now we will double-click on Setup and initiate the installation.
- Following the instructions on the screen, we shall be able to complete the installation.
Following this little guide provided above, anyone can resolve QuickBooks Error 1311. However, if you are not able to complete the whole process yourself, or you need assistance from QuickBooks Officer, you can contact the QuickBooks experts team. They are a third-party agency with QuickBooks experts who have excellent knowledge in resolving QuickBooks-related issues.
What are the most significant causes of QuickBooks error 1311?
💠 Installing QuickBooks from corrupted CD
💠 Damaged Microsoft Office
💠 An un-supporting QuickBooks version of Microsoft office
💠 CD-ROM drive issue
How can I check the Microsoft Office compatibility?
Here is the list of steps:
💠 Locate Control Panel
💠 Discover Remove or Add programs
💠 Do a right-click on it
💠 Choose Microsoft Office to apply the modification
💠 The version must be 2000 or advanced
💠 If there is an older version, then you need to repair or modify according to the instruction provided to fix the issue
How can I restrict Access to CD-ROM to fix the QuickBooks error 1311?
💠 Locate the start option of the keyboard
💠 Discover the settings
💠 Click on Control Panel
💠 Hit on Administrative tools
💠 Choose the Local Security policy and expand the local policy folder
💠 Her you can select the security options
💠 Hit on any of the security buttons according to the version of the QuickBooks
💠 Now Restrict CD-ROM access to the local users
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support