Using Quickbooks Desktop helps you to secure your business in terms of safe accounting and financial operations. The importance of Quickbooks becomes more evident as the need of keeping up with contemporary companies starts pushing you to work faster and smarter.
However, as it is clear that Quickbooks is being used by millions across the world, it incorporates some complex algorithms which make it susceptible to errors.
Quickbooks Error 193 is one of such errors which create a lot of trouble for the user.
The Bigxperts team understands the trouble, and that is why we are going to help you troubleshoot this error in this article.
When does Quickbooks Error 193 take place?
Pops up on your computer screen which is running on Windows OS every time you try to send a mailbag from the headquarters to a remote store, or when you try to receive a mailbag on the remote store from the headquarters.
|Error – 193 Primary key for dept keywords is not unique.
|Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
|Presence of Duplicate department names/codes., Damaged or corrupt .qbt files.
|QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frozen.
|Focus on the Remote store, Deleting All The .qbt files.
Causes Behind The Quickbooks Error 193
Check out the list below and find out what causes QuickBooks error 193 to occur on your computer:
- Presence of Duplicate department names/codes.
- Merging or deleting the customer names.
- Damaged or corrupt .qbt files.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 193
Follow the solutions step by step in the given manner to resolve the QuickBooks error 193 quickly:
1. Solution One:
A. Step One: Focus on the Remote store
This move focuses on the remote store. You must send a mailbag to Headquarters and receive it. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to Customer> Customer List.
- Choose the names one by one and delete them all one by one.
- If you want to select more than one customer at a time then click on the first customer with the Shift key pressed and click on the last name in the list.
B. Step Two: Now this step is for the Headquarters
- Choose Files> Utilities> Resend Files.
- You should be able to receive the files on the remote store.
2. Solution Two:
If the above solution is of no use to you and you are still facing QuickBooks Error 193, try the solution below:
- Go to Point of Sale.
- Click on Help> Software Updates> Check for Updates.
- Retry the storage exchange.
3. Solution Three: Deleting All The .qbt files
In this step, we will focus on deleting all the .qbt files both in the Headquarters and Remote store and creating a new remote .qbt file.
- Deleting the .qbt files at the Headquarters:
- Follow the path on your Windows OS: C:/Program Data / Intuit /QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x / STex
- Check all the folders and delete any .qbt files you find there.
- At the Remote Store:
- Go to the search box and type .qbt.
- Delete all the .qbt files you see in the result.
- Close all the windows and empty the recycle bin now.
- Now, we will create a new remote file.
- Choose Files> Company Operations> create a New Company
- Type the company name> choose the Remote Store Number> fill in the Store Number.
- Now try to resend the mailbag from the Headquarters to the Remote Store.
All three methods provided above by Bigxperts should be able to help you in providing you with a permanent solution to Quickbooks Error 193.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support