QuickBooks is one of the most widely used Accounting Software. This software can be generally used by small and medium-sized business houses. QuickBooks is a Bookkeeping software that is a combination of different accounting processes into one integrated system. It is a cloud-based service that helps the business to manage tasks like bills, payroll, payments, etc.
The self-employed business can easily use QuickBooks by simply connecting their bank and credit card accounting. This lets them perform simple tasks such as checking expenses, easing out the work of handling spreadsheets, and maintaining the accounts.
How many causes are responsible for QuickBooks Error 6154?
There are many small reasons which lead to QuickBooks error 6154. It generally occurs when the software is unable to find the location or is unable to open the desired company file. All the prominent factors are listed below in a detailed manner. So, let’s have a look;
- Due to corrupt QuickBooks Company File or Folder.
- If you aren’t logged into QuickBooks as an admin.
- This error also takes place when you aren’t logged in to your computer as an admin.
- Missing file or wrong location.
- When your file or folder path is incorrect.
Pre-requisite instructions you need to follow
Before moving ahead with the solutions, there are some other things you need to do. Else, the process may get interrupted. Here’s the step-by-step guidance;
- Make sure you’ve updated the sync managers of Intuit to the latest version.
- Check for Windows and QB updates. If it’s available, immediately download and install them.
- Install a good and reliable anti-virus that won’t harm your company file after scanning the system.
- You are supposed to copy your company file to another location and then try to open the same file.
What is the easiest way to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6154?
Many regular QuickBooks users want to overcome such an error with ease. Hence, they keep looking for simple and convenient solutions. In the next section, you will find some troubleshooting steps that will surely be helpful for you.
Solution 1: Log on to your system as an Admin
Not being logged in as Admin is the primary reason for QuickBooks error 6154. There are a lot of permissions that are withheld at the admin level and you can get clearance only if you sign in as Admin. Here’s how;
- The very first step is to restart your computer.
- Now, you have to log in to your computer as the System Administrator.
- After that, you will get permission to access the folder where you have saved all your QuickBooks Company Files.
Well, this doesn’t sound like a technical solution but simply logging in as administrator grants you the required permissions which were hindering the process.
Solution 2: Sync Your Files to the computer’s hard drive (C: drive)
There is a possibility that the application is unable to find the exact location if the file is not synced to your system’s hard drive. So you all need to follow these steps in order to avoid QuickBooks error code 6154;
- To begin with, log in to your system as the System Administrator once you have restarted it.
- Once you are done with that, you need to try syncing your files or folders in your C: drive with the help of Sync Option.
Solution 3: Reset Sync Manager
In this section, a user is required to reset the Sync Manager if he/she wants to eradicate QuickBooks error 1564. To do so, go through the steps inclined below;
- Firstly, you have to log into your computer as the System Administrator.
- After this, move all your company files and then reset your Sync Manager.
- When all set, move your folder from the previous location to any other location in your system.
- You need to browse your system and then choose a ‘New Location’ for the file.
- Next, create a new folder in the newly selected location.
- Then, copy the file from the old location and later move them to the new one.
- Now, you can reset Sync Manager.
- In the beginning, navigate to the QuickBooks Help Menu.
- Then, you have to choose the option Manage Data Sync and tap on the Reset Sync Manager button.
- Afterward, enter your credentials which include your user ID and password.
- Lastly, Allow Sync Manager to complete the first sync.
How to Reach QuickBooks Team?
In case the error persists or for further queries, you can approach QuickBooks Team. The in-house support team vouches for prompt and responsive support in a minimum time frame. They are round the clock available and accord excellent QuickBooks support.