Any application that you use must be updated to the most recent version to function at its best. However, you might encounter the error “QuickBooks Sorry We Need to Verify Your Subscription” while attempting to install or update the QuickBooks Enterprise Solution. It can occur on a single workstation in the network or on every workstation, restricting the QB processes’ ability to function. If it only affects one workstation, it means that there is a problem with a Windows user, a third-party application, or the.NET Framework installation. When the error happens, various error messages with the following text appear on your screen:
- Error: We’re sorry but installing QuickBooks Desktop requires us to first confirm your subscription.
- Error: Sorry, but it appears that a subscription is required to install QuickBooks Desktop.
- Error: We apologize, but it appears that you require a subscription to use QuickBooks Desktop.
You must fix this error as soon as possible in order to use QuickBooks Enterprise without any restrictions. But first, you need to understand the potential causes of this problem. We have covered some of the important factors in the following section to assist you with that.
Why Does the “Sorry We Need to Verify Your Subscription Error” Occur?
The installation of QuickBooks requires several Windows components. The process could be hampered by even minor damage to any of these, and you might end up with Sorry, there was a QuickBooks Error while verifying your subscription. As stated, there are several causes for this problem. We’ve listed a few of the potential causes below.
- Your system must have a third-party application installed that prevents the installation or update from taking place.
- The firewall limits the installation process because it sees it as a threat.
- Because of a corrupt or damaged NET Framework, QuickBooks is unable to connect with the browser.
- System problems with these specific workstations may be the cause of the error if it only affects a few of the workstations.
- It occurs when your QuickBooks subscription has expired.
- When attempting to install the application without first connecting your computer to the Internet, the error occurs.
We need to verify your subscription before updating QuickBooks, so once you have a basic understanding of the cause, you must move on to the below-listed resolution techniques.
How To Fix an Error: Sorry, We need to confirm your subscription before installing and updating QuickBooks
Below are a few recognized techniques that can fix the problem. Sorry, it appears that you require a subscription to install QuickBooks.
Note: Before implementing any of the resolution steps listed below, there are a few things you must do:
- You must verify your QuickBooks Enterprise subscription.
- You should use the most recent install file available on the QuickBooks Downloads & Updates page rather than your original install file.
Solution 1: Reset Internet Explorer’s settings
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer as its default browser. You must therefore reset your browser’s settings to their original defaults. However, you must take the actions listed below if you have any doubts that the error was caused by a recent change made to QB. It will undoubtedly assist you in resolving the sorry, we must verify your subscription issue:
- Launch Internet Explorer and select Internet Options from the Tools menu
Note: To make the menu bar appear on your screen, press the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Next, select the Reset or Restore Defaults option under the Advanced tab.
- Finally, click Apply, then OK.
Solution 2: Make use of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
If you are experiencing installation problems with your QuickBooks Desktop application, you must use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. It automatically detects and resolves the sorry we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks issue. To learn how, follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Get and install the Tools Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub can assist you in resolving a variety of issues. You must use QB Tool to achieve the best results.
Note: Close the QuickBooks application before using the Tool Hub to resolve the Sorry We Need to Verify your Subscription QuickBooks Error.
- As previously stated, you must close the QuickBooks application first.
- Download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (18.104.22.168) by clicking here. Save the file in a suitable location.
Note: If Tool Hub is already installed on your system and you want to know what version you have. Navigate to the Home tab, where the version will be displayed on the bottom right. Otherwise, click About to see the current version.
- Run the downloaded file (QuickBooks ToolHub.exe) and install it. Also, agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop to launch it.
Step 2: From the Tools Hub, launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. Navigate to the Installation Issues section
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Tools Hub’s Installation Issues section.
- Launch QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool by clicking on it.
- When the process is finished, click OK.
- Finally, launch QuickBooks Desktop and attempt to open your company file.
If the error, “Sorry, we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks” persists after you run the install tool, make certain that no firewall or antivirus software is interfering with the installation process. You must then proceed to the next method.
Solution 3: Manually disable the firewall and/or antivirus software
- To disable the Windows firewall, open Control Panel by clicking on the Windows icon.
- Next, look for a firewall and select Windows Firewall.
- On the left side of your screen, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. When prompted, enter the administrator password.
- You must now select Turn off Windows Firewall. Make sure you do it for each network where you encountered the Error. Unfortunately, it appears that you will require a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop.
- Retry installing QuickBooks Desktop or running the update.
Has the above method helped you resolve the problem? If not, you should try the next methods listed below.
Solution 4: Create a new Windows Admin User
If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode, sign in to Windows as an administrator. It will assist you in changing your firewall settings and folder permissions. Give the Database Server Manager program administrator privileges as well. You can also use the steps below to create a Windows user with administrative privileges for various operating systems.
- To begin, click on the Windows icon and then on the Settings option.
- Select Accounts, then Family & Other Users.
- Then, select the Add someone else to this PC option, and I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- 4. After clicking Add a user without a Microsoft Account, proceed to the next page and enter the following information:
- Password hint or security question
- Next, click
- Now, open Family & other users to grant this local user Administrator rights.
- Finally, select the account owner’s name and click Administrator, followed by OK under Account type.
Windows 8.1 and 7:
- Select the User Accounts option by clicking on the Windows icon.
- Now, go to the Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Select Manage another account from the User Accounts menu. When prompted, enter the password, or provide confirmation.
- Then click the Create a new account button.
- Give your user account a name.
- Select an account type, then select the Create Account option.
If the previous method did not resolve, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks Desktop using the Selective Start-up mode
Do you need help uninstalling or installing QuickBooks on your computer? If this is the case, you must switch to
Mode of selective start-up: It will assist you in smoothly installing or uninstalling your program. If you’re wondering how it’s done, simply follow the steps outlined below.
A: Make a backup of your company’s data
To keep your company’s data secure, you must create a backup of it. You must also keep a copy of your QuickBooks Desktop product and license information.
B: Start your system in Selective Start-up mode.
You must enable Selective start-up mode to ensure that no other application interferes with your ongoing work. However, if you require the assistance of an expert, you must contact our support team.
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run command window.
- Enter MSConfig into the text box and press OK.
- From the General tab, select Selective start-up and Load system services.
- Next, select Disable all and uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- From the General tab, select Selective start-up and Load system services.
- Check the Windows Installer checkbox and then click OK.
- On the System Configuration window, select the Restart option.
C: Use the clean install tool to install QuickBooks.
Install the QuickBooks clean install tool to learn how to install a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop. You must follow the steps outlined in this article for a detailed guide.
D: Return to Normal Start-up mode.
Make a point of returning your computer to its original configuration immediately after installing the QuickBooks application. To do so, open the Run command by pressing the Windows + R keys simultaneously. Enter MSConfig into the text box and press OK. Under the General tab, select Normal Start-up and then OK. Finally, in the System Configuration Window, select Restart.
If the above solution did not work, Sorry, it appears that you have a Need a Subscription to Install QuickBooks problem; please proceed to the next one.
Solution 6: Install certificates
Users who use Google Chrome as their default browser:
- Navigate to and click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Now, select View Certificates.
- On the Certification Path tab, select the Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA- G4 item.
- Then, select View Certificate, followed by Install Certificate.
- The Certificate Import wizard will launch. Import it by selecting the default option.
- When the successful import window appears, click OK.
- Finally, close the certificate windows and try installing or updating again.
Users who use Internet Explorer as their default browser:
Note: Finish the installation and import by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click on Content> Certificates> Intermediate Certification Authorities.
- Next, look for and select the Symantec Class 3 Server CA-G4
- Now, choose View Certificate, followed by Install.
- Finally, try installing or updating again.
We hope you fixed the problem; however, we need to verify your subscription by using the troubleshooting methods described in this blog. If you’ve tried everything and none of them have worked, we recommend contacting our experts, who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1. What precisely is QuickBooks error code-6190?
Another possibility for QuickBooks error -6190, -816 is an update failure. When the company file on a new device is updated without updating the transaction file, errors -6190, -816 occur. The third possible cause of this error is another user accessing the company files in Single User Mode.
2. What is the meaning of QuickBooks payroll error ps036?
QuickBooks Error code PS036 is caused by expired or invalid payroll subscriptions. With an inactive direct deposit agreement, multiple payroll agreements are active. The Paysub.ini QuickBooks application file is damaged or corrupt. Another cause of QuickBooks Payroll error PS036 is a damaged company file.
3. How do I update my business in QuickBooks?
Close your company file, then QuickBooks. Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Run as administrator. Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks… on the “No Company Open” screen. Go to the Options tab and select Mark All. Next, select Save. Go to the Update Now tab and check the Reset Update box.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support