In continuation with QuickBooks Payroll Integration Part 1 with an app called Fishbowl Labor and Time, this one revolves around another integration app called Virtual TimeClock.
To get this app integrated, QuickBooks Payroll needs to have some settings changed, the process for which is illustrated below:
- First and foremost open the QuickBooks file and go to the Edit tab on the menu bar. Further, select the Preference option from the drop-down menu of the Edit tab.
- In this new screen named Preferences click on the Time and expenses option, probably one of the last options that can be found on the left side of the screen, and then select the Company Preferences tab. Now you will view the question ‘Do you Track time?’ in the box labeled Time Tracking. Choose the option ‘Yes’.
- Next, proceed to the Employee Center tab that will open all the employees’ details. In this employee screen the checkbox in front of ‘Use Tie Data to Create Paychecks’ should be marked correct via ‘ü’.
- Now the user needs to Export the file named Timer Lists. To do so follow the instructions below:
- Go to the menu bar and select the File option
- Under this choose the utility tab followed by the Export option.
- From side down menu select Timer Lists.
Note: The whole process needs to be done in Single User Mode. This mode is most acceptable for any sort of Import or Export tasks.
- To export the listing of Payroll items to excel follow the instructions below:
- From the menu select the Reports tab.
- Click on the Employees and Payroll option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Payroll Item Listing option from the side drop menu.
- Open the Excel program and then a new Worksheet to transfer the listing and then save it.
Note: the following step is only for Virtual TimeClock App Integration
- Exporting QuickBooks Employees:
- From the menu bar select the File option and then the utility tab.
- From the drop-down menu choose the Export option and then from the side menu go to the tab labeled Lists to IIF file.
- Click on Employees and then on the OK tab. Make a note of the location of the file saved.
Virtual TimeClock Payroll Export Integration App
The application Virtual TimeClock provides a time clock file that is formatted as per the directions and specifications mentioned by the user. This file accords users with the ability to shift all the hours completed by employees to QuickBooks Pro Windows software. For this, the user has to perform a setup only one time.
The integration Setup Process for Virtual TimeClock is explained below:
1. Default set up for exporting:
- Go to the Administration menu bar and then click on Configure tab.
- Now click on Payroll settings and follow it with the QuickBooks export format option
- And now click on Setup.
2. Importing files of Payroll Item and Timer Lists:
- Now click on all select tabs and follow it with locating the file corresponding to that, which was structured in the above setup.
- Now proceed to the Export list and in every field under this list click on the + sign along with adding an export field of Virtual TimeClock to the Payroll item of QuickBooks.
Note: Multiple fields for export can be attached to a single payroll item.
3. QuickBooks Users Needed to be Imported:
- In the Administrative toolbar locate Configure option and select it.
- Now open the User Control Panel application.
- Under the new screen click on Add option and then choose users for importing feature followed by importing them with the help of importing a QuickBooks IIF file instructions.
Note: Remember that in scenario where the user doesn’t import QuickBooks user and directly goes for Time Clock export, the software may provide a blank record or duplicate records in the situation it doesn’t find the exact match of the employee name.
Export of Payroll Hours
- Go to the Administrative toolbar and then select the payroll approval option on the main screen of the Virtual TimeClock app.
- This will allow the user to get into a new screen called Timecard Review and Payroll Approval.
- Once the user has approved all the timecards and other details select the Export option. However, remember if the timecard is not approved before the export option is selected, the export process will not take place.
Import of Payroll Hours
- Open QuickBooks software and select the file menu.
- Now click on Utilities, then Import tab followed by Timer Activities option.
- Locate and select the file structure in the above setup to export. The user can import the file without reviewing it for the process to get completed.
- Now go to the payroll center window and select the Start Scheduled Payroll option. It is imperative to provide a proper payroll schedule for the chosen hours to appear under the window labeled Enter Payroll Information.
Note: Virtual TimeClock app when integrated with QuickBooks payroll will only transfer hours covered by the employees.
To attach other items like Customers, services, and jobs in the Timesheet created for the weekly report.
Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Menu bar for employees
- Click on Enter Time option.
- Now select the Use Weekly Timesheet tab.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support