A desktop version of QuickBooks (Pro/Premier or Enterprise Solutions) is an accounting or financial software that you install on your computer. This is where you can do all of your billing, bookkeeping, and invoicing in one spot. You’ll be able to keep track of sales and costs, take payments, scan receipts, and prepare for tax season with ease.
QuickBooks Payroll customers frequently encounter QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Alert Error. This issue occurs frequently in QuickBooks payroll, and it can be caused by a variety of factors.
When you get the QuickBooks Desktop error PS036, it prevents you from updating your payroll to the most recent tax table. “PS036 There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription,” says the error message. After you receive error number PS036, QuickBooks may even cease calculating your taxes. If you’re having difficulties with QuickBooks Payroll update error PS036, read the entire article for thorough instructions.
What exactly is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036?
QuickBooks PS036 is an error that occurs when the Intuit update server is unable to verify your QuickBooks payroll services subscription. This is the only reason you get an error notice that says “PS036 – trouble confirming payroll subscription and can’t install new payroll updates” when you select the Update option in the Get Payroll Updates window. There are various reasons why the Intuit update server can’t verify an active payroll subscription, and you’ll find them all in the next portion of this post.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Alert Error
There are many reasons that can be behind QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Alert Error.
- Check and double-check that your QuickBooks Payroll subscription is active. With a Direct Deposit, there is more than one Payroll subscription or Payroll agreement active.
- The Paysub.ini file has been damaged or corrupted.
- The service key is incorrect.
- There is an erroneous or invalid Payroll Subscription ID in the company file.
- Check to see if your Windows machine and QuickBooks software are compatible. The EIN or number on the payroll subscription is incorrect.
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Alert Error:
Here are the solutions that can help you to solve the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Alert Error. The solutions are mentioned below:
Solution 1: Switch Windows to Normal Setup Mode
- Using your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- Now type MSConfig into the search box.
- Then press the Enter key.
- Under the General tab, select Normal Startup Mode.
- Restart Windows by clicking OK. Check if the QuickBooks error has been fixed by running the payroll update again.
Solution 2: Switch the Windows to Selective Startup Mode
- To install QuickBooks in selective startup mode, make a backup of your company file on an external storage device and keep your license registration details ready in case you need to re-register the program.
- To open the Run dialogue box, hit Windows + R.
- In the Run window’s text field, type MSConfig and press Enter.
- Under the General tab, select the Load System Services and Selective Startup choices.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft Services option from the Services tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled Hide all Microsoft Services, then click Disable All.
- Click OK after ensuring that the Windows Installer option is chosen.
- Finally, restart Windows, and the Selective Startup Mode will be enabled.
Solution 3: Paysub.ini file should be renamed
- Paysub.ini is a secret file on Windows; in order to see it, we must first adjust the Windows folder options settings.
- Open My Computer and select Organize from the drop-down menu.
- Select the View tab from the Folder and Search Options menu.
- Now go to Hidden Files and Folders and select “Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives” from the drop-down menu.
- Apply and then OK.
- Return to My Computer and type Paysub.ini into the search field at the top.
- Right-click the Paysub.ini file and select Rename from the option that appears.
- Now rename the.ini file extension to .old.
- Carry out the same steps for all of the Payroll subscription files you’ve.
Solution 4: Verify your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
- Verify your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription: This verifies that the problem isn’t caused by an inactive payroll subscription.
- Install the most recent version of the QuickBooks Desktop application as well as the Tax Table release.
- Sign in to your Payroll Service Account in QuickBooks.
- Account/Billing Information can be found by going to Employee -> My Payroll Services -> Account/Billing Information.
- Then after that Sign In to your account and enter the login credentials.
- Navigate to the Payroll Details area of your Payroll Account Management Portal once you’ve logged in.
- Check that the EIN shown next to the firm name is correct.
- Make any necessary adjustments by clicking Edit next to the Payroll Admin option.
- Click Update and then Close to save your changes.
- Restart your computer and install the updates once more.
We hope that you got the problem related to the QuickBooks payroll Subscription Alert Error solved. Payroll services are essential for any business, and it’s also crucial that you use the program appropriately. QuickBooks Payroll Support is provided via a variety of channels, including live chat with QuickBooks Payroll experts. You can contact the team to have your issues resolved as quickly as possible through call or chat.
What steps do I need to take to reactivate my QuickBooks payroll subscription?
Follow the steps mentioned below to reactivate the QuickBooks payroll subscription:
1. Select My Payroll Service from the Employees menu in your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
2. Select Account/Billing Info from the drop-down menu.
3. Login with your Intuit Account credentials.
4. Select Resubscribe from the Status menu.
5. To reactivate your payroll service, follow the on-screen instructions.
What’s the difference between QuickBooks Payroll and Intuit Payroll?
Intuit Online Payroll allows you to accurately pay employees and deduct appropriate taxes, while QuickBooks allows you to run your business and examine bookkeeping information.
If I want to update my QuickBooks payroll subscription, what should I do?
The steps to upgrading your QuickBooks payroll subscription are as follows:
1. Select whether you want to upgrade or downgrade your plan.
2. Log in to QuickBooks Online as a primary or business admin.
3. Under Settings, select Account and settings from the drop-down box.
4. You should choose the Billing & Subscription tab.
5. Examine your payment information to determine if it’s up to date.
6. In the QuickBooks Online Payroll area, choose to Upgrade or Downgrade your plan.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support