QuickBooks POS Error 121 encounters when you attempt to log in from the system which is not an administrator. The error message pop on your screen is associated with a notification that you are denied to choose the timeouts. This error is also referred to as permission denied which interrupts while installing the software update. The regular update is a fundamental task for a streamlined operation of the software. To download QuickBooks update the administration system is mandatory. This blog covers the cause and quick resolution of QuickBooks POS Error 121.
Four Possible cause of QuickBooks Pos Error 121
This error commonly occurs when anyone sign-in as ‘Guest User’ and then attempts to download the update.
Also, stop all QB Point of Sale processes and services before you decide to perform the resolving operation.
Close all the POS processes and services
- You have to click on the Task Manager and choose the Processes to Locate and close all the processes.
- Now Close the Task Manager process and Enter services .mscin the search box.
- In the Services window, you have got to search for the QBPOS Database Manager.
- The last step is to finish up all the services and every one of the services window.
Ten Solutions of QuickBooks POS Error 121:
To remove QuickBooks Error 121 quickly, you are required to erase the entire data & info associated with the Entitlement Client folder and then locate it for WSAactivity.xml.record. Verify whether the point of sale is closed or not. If it is closed then follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Stop the entire point of Sale product & services
- Firstly, you have to open the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete simultaneously from the keyboard associated with your system
- Discover the processes section displaying on the window
- Locate the process named bpos.exe, Qbposshell.exe, and Qbposdbservice.exe and close them
- Now close the task manager window appearing on the screen
- Open a search window by pressing windows key +R
- Type services.msc
- Upon entering the command display the service window
- Now, you have to look for the database manager
- At last, just end the entire service along with the window.
If you still face the same error then try to fix it with another solution. However, the first solution resolves the issue.
- Delete the mandatory Files
- Open the hidden folders of the windows of the system
- For Windows 8.1 & 8:
- Go to the start option of windows located on the left side of the screen
- Write control panel on the search box
- Select appearance
- Click on folder options
- Locate the view tab
- Discover the advanced settings and click on show hidden files, drives & folder
- Hit ok.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the windows explorer window by right-clicking on the start option present on the left side of the screen
- Click Organize and then select Folder & search tab
- Locate view section
- Hit on the Show hidden files tab
- Unselect the checkbox appearing on the screen
- When pressing on yes displays a warning message
- Click OK
- Choose Tools & click ‘Folder Options’
- Click on the ‘View’ tab & unselect
- Select ‘show hidden files and folders’ & deselect ‘Hide protected Operating system files
- Hit OK
Related Post: QuickBooks POS Network Connection Error
Following are the locations depending upon the operating system specifications:
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- c:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client \v8.0
- Windows 7 and vista
- c:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client\ v8.0
- c:\documents and settings\all users\ application data\intuit\entitlement client\v8.0
- With the help of an input device keyboard or mouse, select entire files present on the folder
- You can select entire files by pressing CTRL+A
- Delete them
- Browse the location of the file named QuickBooks POS XX
- Now, locate the INI folder to delete the file named ‘WSActivity file.’
- Re-open the Point of Sale (POS) & start downloading
- Wait till the downloading finish
- Now, you need to install updates available
- Complete the registration task.