QuickBooks Point of Sale is the world’s most used retailer solution. It is all-in-one the comprehensive solution introduced by Intuit for small and medium-sized businesses. As this software solution helps in running your store. It has exceptional features which help you with all the payments. Even though it is user-friendly software, there are chances where a user might encounter some error like “QuickBooks Point of Sale error 181016”. In such a situation, the user can try the solution provided by Intuit or contact the QuickBooks Point of Sale Support.
Causes of QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 181016
When a QuickBooks POS user tries to open a company file or after converting any data, they may receive the following error messages:
- QuickBooks POS Message: 181016 “Problem Could not open the QuickBooks Point of Sale data: [company name].”This error can be caused by a non-unique company name which is present on your network but firewall in your system is blocking the communication.
- QuickBooks POS Message: 181016 “Problem Could not create company: [Company Name]”.
The causes for this error are:
- User is logged into system as Administrator.
- There might be some issue with the Point pf Sale company data folder stored in system.
- Firewall in system is acting as the obstacle as it is providing access of certain ports which Point of sale database manager is trying to access.
- TCP/IP in system may be disabled or damaged.
Resolution of QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 181016
To resolve QuickBooks Point of Sale, the user has to follow the steps given below:
- Start your system.
- Make sure you are logged in as administrator.
- To look for data problem: Go to File > Company data file > New (Rename this file as “test”).
- If error is not occurring in this Test company file which you have created in the previous step, then open the original company file:
- Select the File option > Company Data > Click on open option.
- To select Alternate location, click on Browse.
- Now user will have to navigate through the C drive i.e. Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 8.0\Data\[your company name]\. Microsoft Vista users navigate toC:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 8.0\Data\[your company name]\
- From here select a file named qbpos.db > Click on Open.
- Click OK > enter a new and unique name for the new file by selecting File > Company Data > Rename. To match the data in original file, user will have to first rename the data present in the original file.
- Go to QBPOS Troubleshoot Connection Tool to check whether database manager is properly installed. If QuickBooks Point of Sale is installed in your system as a Server, that firewall are not blocking the access of database and also check that TCP/IP protocol is enabled in your system.
Even after trying the solution mentioned above, if the user still needs some assistance then they can contact Intuit.