Setup & Create Quarterly Payroll Reports Intuit QuickBooks
Quickbooks software provides users with the benefit of running Payroll reports not only for an annual period but also Quarterly which tends to give the advantage of locating any error before submitting an annual payroll report to required business employees and for tax-related processes.
Before proceeding to function or running and printing the reports certain types of Payroll reports are generally generated by the user.
- Quarterly Form 941/Schedule B – Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Employer’s Quarterly Contribution & Wage Report:
- Modified Business Tax Return
- 940 FUTA
- Child Support Fee
What do you mean by Payroll Reports?
In a general sense, QuickBooks payroll reports are nothing but records that are Yielded by the account records or data of a business or company. This detail is somehow connected to payroll. They built it with payroll transaction data for a special period. They may consist of a single pay period, or in some cases, multiple pay periods, such as annuals.
What are Payroll Reports in QuickBooks?
There are about 13 payroll and employee reports in QuickBooks. QuickBooks allows you to run reports like the following:
|Payee Payroll Transactions||List of Payroll Items||Payroll Item Detail|
|Summary of Payroll||Payroll Transaction Detail||Payroll Detail Inspection|
|Summary of Employee Earnings||Summary of Employee Earnings||Employee Contact List|
|Balances of Payroll Liability||History of Employee Pay Adjustments||Paid Time Off List|
How To Create & Run Quarterly Payroll Reports In QuickBooks
If the user is looking for a particular report like Payroll in their QuickBooks and has set up the time for Quarterly.
The following steps need to be followed to generate and run the report:
Total Time: 10 minutes
From the main menu bar click on the Reports tab on the left side.
Next move to the All Reports tab.
Select the Payroll category from the report options available.
Now select the particular name to open the Quarterly Payroll Report for that item or customer.
Select the required date in the date box located on the top left side of the screen.
Click on the Run Report tab to refresh.
How To Print Quarterly Payroll Reports In QB Desktop
Next to Print the Quarterly Payroll Report or Summary, especially in the case of Employee Total, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Report tab at the left.
- Look for the Payroll Summary report.
- At the upper part of the window, click on the drop-down arrow on the Date Range box and choose the specific Quarter you’d want to pull up, or choose Custom and enter the dates.
- Choose one specific employee at a time by clicking on the drop-down arrow in the Employee box.
- Once you’re done customizing, click Run Report.
- Check the report click on the drop-down arrow at the top right and choose Printer Friendly.
Steps to Edit Quarterly Payroll Report in QuickBooks Desktop
The following steps need to be followed to edit the QuickBooks quarterly payroll report:
- In QuickBooks, navigate to the Reports segment.
- Select a time or more than one time for which the report can be used.
- You can select drop-down menus for this cause.
- Now analyze whether reports are required individually for department totals and employees, or employees or department totals.
- Select a sum if you want to add it to your specific report.
- Now go to the Employees section.
- Select the employees who should be added to the report.
- Then select the Add or Remove button and tap on it.
- After that, select OK to save the previous data.
- In the Columns, section choose the details that need to be added to the QuickBooks Payroll Summary report and tap on it.
- After that, tap on the Add or Remove button once again.
- If you want to remove the current settings, choose None and tap on it.
- Then, choose OK to save.
How to Create a QuickBooks Online Payroll Report?
QuickBooks Online can create 17 types of payroll reports to track most businesses’ biggest expenses: payroll. Here are the following 17 reports that can be generated, exported, saved, and printed in QuickBooks Online:
|Employee details reports||Employee contact list reports||FFCRA CARES Act reports|
|Multiple worksite reports||Paycheck history reports||Payroll billing summaries|
|Payroll deductions/contribution reports||Payroll details reports||Payroll summaries|
|Payroll tax liability reports||Payroll tax payment reports||Payroll tax and wage summaries|
|Retirement plan reports||Total pay reports||Total payroll cost reports|
|Vacation and sick leave reports||Workers’ compensation reports|
Steps to Create QuickBooks Payroll Online Report
To run the Employee Contact List Payroll Report in QuickBooks Online, complete the following steps.
- On the QuickBooks Online dashboard, tap on Reports and choose the Employee Contact List information. When you tap on Reports, scroll down to the Payroll segment.
- Choose the report you desire to make and run. Once you’ve specified the Employee Contact List report, it’s time to get it up and running. QuickBooks Online produces information in the form of detailed reports.
- Tap on Run Report, then click Export Report. Most business owners like to export QuickBooks Online reports. The 17 reports typically found under the Payroll segment of QuickBooks Online will be exported as an XLS file, which means it’s synced with Microsoft Excel.
- Keep reports safe. It’s easy to save and print your report if you want.
Creating and running the above 17 reports in QuickBooks Online is as easy as any other task. As long as you’ve processed payroll in QuickBooks at least once, you’ll be able to create and run payroll reports.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support