Sage 50 Error 127.0.0.1 can arise due to multiple reasons. In this article, we will address some of those reasons and provide detailed solutions accordingly. In our experience, this error arises due to various connectivity issues. Apart from this, any internal network connectivity error can also cause this issue.
Troubleshooting the Error
In most cases, windows firewall blocks the connection and causes Sage 50 Error 127.0.0.1. To ensure this, we’ll disable the firewall and any other security software on your system temporarily and check if the Sage Error 127.0.0.1 resolves.
To disable windows firewall, follow the steps provided below:
- Log into Windows with an Administrator Account
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Security Options
- Select Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- Mark the checkbox against Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)
- Click on Ok
Once you’ve done this, disable all other security software on your system that may block the connection.
Restart Sage 50 and check if the issue has been resolved. If yes, then we’ll have to add the port used by your Sage product through the windows firewall.
Permanently disabling the firewall software isn’t a great idea. We must allow only the ports that are required by Sage 50. Hence, we’ll add these ports and then enable the windows firewall. Once again, you’ll need to follow the steps provided below:
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Windows Firewall
- Click on Advanced Firewall Settings
- From the left panel, click on Inbound Rules
- Click on New(right panel)
- Enter relevant information and the port to allow through the firewall.
- Enter a name and description for the rule
- Click on Ok
- Repeat the Steps and create a new Outbound rule
Once done, you can enable windows firewall on your system once again. Also, enable all the other security software installed on your system. Restart your system and resume your work.
What is Sage 50?
Sage 50 is one of the several business solutions provided by the acclaimed Sage 50 group. Sage 50, provides unique accounting and bookkeeping solutions that can boost the return on investment of any business. This accounting software has a user friendly interface through which you can access various financial tools to solve simple as well as complex accounting problems.
Sage 50 also has unique reporting features through which users can instantly generate multiple financial reports in real time. This will help your organization in creating impactful strategies for the future.