You may occasionally run into unexpected data technical or functional errors when using your Sage 50 software, leaving you confused and frustrated. This type of error is frequently caused by damaged or corrupt Sage data files, and it can occur for a variety of reasons, including a bad connection between your network and the data path. Sage 50 Database Repair Utility can fix such damaged data files.
Therefore, it is advised that you read this blog post through to the end to fully understand how to repair Sage 50 data using Sage 50 Database Repair Utility if you are unsure of the procedure to use this tool.
The Sage 50 Company File Check and Repair Tool:
Your company file is scanned by the Company File Check & Repair, which tries to correct any errors brought by damaged or missing files.
This tool can be opened in Sage 50 Accounting or from the Sage 50 Accounting folder on the Windows Start menu. When you update Sage 50 Accounting or restore your company from a backup file, the Company File Check & Repair will also automatically scan your company’s data.
There are two operating modes for the Company File Check & Repair:
Corrupted files are deleted by both modes, but the Advanced check also deletes any extra file it finds.
Note: The Advanced mode performs a more thorough scan, which could take a while to finish if your file is large.
When you Restore or Upgrade:
Sage 50 Accounting runs the Company File Check & Repair Basic tool before upgrading your database to make sure your business can be converted. The Advanced tool will automatically launch if any challenging tasks are necessary to complete the upgrade.
Launch the tool in Sage 50 Accounting software:
Running it in Advanced mode requires running Sage 50 Accounting’s Company File Check & Repair tool.
Launch the tool in the Start menu:
You can choose the file to scan and the tool version (Basic or Advanced) when you launch the Company File Check & Repair from the Start menu.
Utilize the Company File Check & Repair Tool:
There are two ways to get to the Company File Check & Repair tool:
With Sage 50 Accounting:
Choose Advanced Database Check from the Maintenance menu in the Home window.
Without starting Sage 50 Accounting:
- Choose Company File Check & Repair from the Start Menu in Windows after selecting All Programs, Sage, and Sage 50 Accounting.
- Click Browse to choose the file you want to be scanned in Company Data File.
- Choose the type of scan you want to run.
Note: With large files, the advanced mode’s scan might take longer.
How do you run the “Repair Company”?
Note: Before implementing advanced solutions, always make a backup of your data. Consult a certified Sage business partner, network administrator, or customer support analyst if necessary.
Solution 1: Instructions for using the Repair Company utility:
After you have altered your program shortcut to load the Integrity Check utility, an option for the Repair Company utility will show up in your File menu.
- Sage 50 should be closed if it’s open.
- Choose Properties from the context menu when you right-click on the Sage 50 icon.
- Put the cursor in the Target field’s far right corner, type “-i” without the quotes in the space, click Apply, and then OK.
- Use the newly modified icon to start Sage 50.
- Navigate to ‘file’ then choose ‘Repair Company’.
Solution 2: Functions of the Repair Company utility:
All the .dat files in a company data folder will be reindexed by the Repair Company utility. The reindex attempt may or may not be able to repair the damage, depending on the file and the severity of the damage.
Solution 3: When to run the Repair Company:
- To attempt a repair on a file that is typically unable to be reindexed using the Reindex File integrity check, use the Repair Company utility.
- When there are no usable backups available and a database is severely damaged, a Repair Company is also used to repair it. It is better to restore a working backup than to have to use a Repair Company to fix a seriously damaged database.
Steps to create a backup for Sage 50:
- Log in to the organization you want to back up.
- Corrupt Restore on a Backup of a File If you failed to restore a corrupted backup of Sage 50 that is very old.
- Additionally, you can select the Backup icon (which resembles a file organizer) from the toolbar located at the top of the Home screen.
- Enter the document’s name in the ‘Sage 50 Accounting — Backup’ window.
- Choose the envelope where you want to save the reinforcement. It would be a good idea to include the date as part of this name.
- Try to avoid placing the document area inside the .SAJ organizer since this is where the product backup goes.
- The most recently used reinforcement record way is saved and becomes the standard for the subsequent reinforcement.
- Try to avoid overwriting a current reinforcement unless you are sure that it is what you need to do.
- To begin the reinforcement, press OK.
Steps to Restore a Sage 50 Backup With a Corrupt Company File:
- Launch Sage 50 and choose ‘File Restore’.
- Click Browse, then navigate to the location where your reinforcement document is stored.
- Pick the best re-establishment method
- Replace information about an existing company or existing organizations.
- Create another organization using the restored data or create a new company (select this option if you want to restore the reinforcement to a different organizer).
- Your current information won’t be deleted if you do this.
- Press Next.
- Click on the Data about the organization.
- Then click on ‘Modified Forms’.
- Go to ‘Web transactions’.
- Select the Business intelligence or insight reporting reports.
- Click on Next.
- Select Finish after selecting the re-establish options.
- When the re-establishment is complete, the company file will open.
Note: By selecting Restore Sage 50 Maintain Company Information, you can change the organization name if necessary.
How to Use the Sage 50 Database Repair Utility to Repair Data?
Sage 50 files that have been damaged can occur for a variety of reasons, including bad data paths.
Let’s check a few of the listed reasons:
- There could be significant issues with the Sage 50 Database Engine.
- Due to an improper data path and network connection
- Damaged, missing, or out-of-date files in your Sage 50 data path
- Sage 50 Database Repair Utilities.
How do I download the Sage 50 Database Repair Tool?
The steps listed below can be used to download the most recent and updated version of the Database Repair Utility:
- After clicking Start, select All Programs.
- Select the year for Sage 50 Accounting.
- Select Technical Support Utilities from the list of Sage 50 Resources and Help options.
- Finally, to launch the tool, click Sage 50 Database Repair Utility.
How to Repair a Bad Data Path
How to Make Use of the Sage 50 Database Repair Tool:
- The tool will automatically extract all files required for its operation when it is launched.
- Click ‘Install’ to get started.
- Click the link in the message box or select Yes to proceed to view the Sage Knowledge base article for more details on this tool,
- To use the tool, go through the finished User License Agreement and click Agree.
- To successfully launch the utility and view the outcomes in the Result Log text box, choose one of the three available options and press Run:
- Remove Pervasive – Using this tool, Pervasive will be removed from your local computer. Ensure that Sage 50 has been closed and all users have logged out before using this utility.
- Install Pervasive – This program will set up Pervasive on your local machine and patch all required updates automatically. Once more, before utilizing this utility, confirm that all users have logged out and closed Sage 50.
- To solve problems with the current data path, this utility creates a new directory with default files in the Sage 50 data path. This gives Sage 50 a fresh set of files to work with.
How to create a new local data path:
- Decide where to put a new data path. It must be different from the earlier location.
- Choose a new data path’s starting point. From the previous location, it ought to be different.
- The Company to Copy feature will transfer the entire directory from the old data path to the fresh one. Since your entire directory will be copied to a new location, this process could take a while.
- To make the changes take effect or to return to the original data path, click Manage INI Files, then choose the original data path and Make Active.
- Once the procedure is complete, press OK.
There are numerous ways to fix any Sage error. But by simply moving your data to another drive, you can quickly fix this damaged data file. The recommended fixes for the tool that can make Sage 50 inaccurate are all mentioned above. Call our team for useful assistance and guidance. Our expert technicians are available 24×7 to assist you to troubleshoot ‘How to repair Sage 50 data using Sage 50 Database Repair Utility’. They can also help you quickly fix any errors that are affecting your Sage file.
1. How do I operate the tool for checking and fixing company files?
The Sage 50 Accounting folder on the Windows Start menu or Sage 50 Accounting itself are both places where you can access this tool. When you upgrade Sage 50 Accounting or restore your company from a backup file, The Company File Check & Repair also automatically scans the data for your company. Operating in both Basic and Advanced modes, the Company File Check & Repair is a software program.
2. In Sage 50, how do I Repair a Company?
Sage 50 can be accessed by right-clicking it and selecting Properties. With the “-i” character not enclosed in quotes, type it in the space at the far right of the Target field, click Apply, and then OK. Using the newly modified icon, start Sage 50. Click on File, Repair Company.
3. How can I get the most recent version of the Sage 50 database repair tool?
The steps listed below can be used to download the most recent and updated version of the Database Repair Utility: After clicking Start, select All Programs. Select the year for Sage 50 Accounting. Select Technical Support Utilities from the list of Sage 50 Resources and Help options. Finally, to launch the tool, click Sage 50 Database Repair Utility.
4. How do I run a Sage 50 company file check?
Select Advanced Database Check from the Maintenance menu in the Home window. Choose All Programs> Sage> Sage 50 Accounting> Company File Check & Repair from the Start Menu in Windows. Click Browse to choose the file you want to get scanned in Company Data File.
5. What does Sage Accounts Multi-Company mean?
Each company has its line in the Company file in Sage Accounts’ multi-company versions. The Select Company window in Sage Accounts then opens with a comprehensive list of all accessible companies. The Company file on that computer automatically updates with the new data path whenever a new company is created.
6. How do I use Sage 50 to open the .Sai file?
Double-clicking the. SAI file in your Sage 50 Data file folder will make it visible. Try opening the SAI files for your business from the company file if the SAI files for your business won’t open. Get in touch with the Sage 50 support staff if nothing seems to be working.
7. In Sage 50, how do I create a new company file?
- Choose “File| New Company…” from the Menu Bar in Sage 50 to start a new company file.
- At the bottom of the “New Company Setup Wizard,” click the “Next >” button.
- Answer any questions that are asked on each of the screens that follow, then click “Next >” to move from screen to screen.
- To create your company file, click the “Finish” button on the last screen.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with Sage Technical Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using SAGE Peachtree (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following Sage (50, 100, 200, Payroll, Peachtree, Cloud, 3X, Impact, HRMS, CRM, ERP, One & Fixed Assets) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- Sage Printer Support
- Complete Sage Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- Sage Windows Support