Whenever you try to uninstall Sage 50 Accounts completely from your system with the help of CD or Windows, there remain some files and folders in the system which do not get automatically removed. This actually happens because these files and folders are shared with other applications or software. This can potentially affect the functioning of other software also.
There are various possible problems that you can face while uninstalling Sage 50. You may also face Errors like Network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager and many more.
Causes While Performing Uninstallation Process
- The user doesn’t have enough access for uninstalling Sage 50.
- The file that is required to complete the uninstalling process could not run.
- All the files are not successfully uninstalled.
- Another process or software is using the Sage 50 file.
Things to know before uninstalling Sage 50
Will you lose your accounting data when you uninstall Sage 50?
No, you won’t. Because the company file is stored in a separate location than the program files, it isn’t deleted when you uninstall Sage 50. You’ll be able to find your company files in the data path mentioned in the program.
Can you reinstall Sage 50 after uninstalling it?
Yes, you can. Once you’ve downloaded the setup for your version of the accounting software, you can launch the setup and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your system. You will be required to input the license and product numbers to activate the accounting software after you’ve installed it.
Note: if you’ve other versions of Sage 50 installed on your system, then you should simply uninstall the version that you want to. Completely removing all the files for Sage 50 may lead to errors in the other versions available on your machine.
How to Uninstall Sage 50 Accounts Completely
Choose any of the method and follow all the instructions as they are mentioned below.
Total Time: 10 minutes
1. Uninstall from Program and Features.
💠 Click on Programs and Features
💠 For Windows 7 or Vista – Go to start and type uninstall the program
💠 For Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 – hold Windows Key and X together and click on Programs and Features.
💠 Now, go to Sage 50 and click on uninstall to start the procedure.
2. Completely Uninstall Sage and All Products
💠 Take Backup of all the data onto any external device or USB (Visit our website for its step by step procedure)
💠 Now, go to Control Panel and then open Programs and Features
💠 Then find Sage 50 and click on uninstall button.
3. Now, open Windows Explorer and open C:\ Program Files (x86)
💠 Follow this step to delete Sage 50 folder
💠 Now, Delete Winsim folder
💠 Open Documents and Remove Sage Software and Accounting folders
4. Open C: drive –> Users –> Public –> Public Documents
💠 Now, remove Sage Software and related accounting folders
💠 Go to Start then Run and type Regedit
💠 Now, take back up the registry
Alternate Steps to uninstall Sage 50 completely
Take a backup of the data on USB or another external device. Below are the steps to back up the data
Step #1: Back up the complete registry or single registry key
Steps to back up the complete the registry:
- Press Windows button +R keys
- Write Regedit and tap on OK
- When the registry opens it contains two panels.
- Right-tap on the registry key you want to back up on the left panel, and choose export
- At the end of the export registry file, choose the preferred Export Range
- Rename the file
- Tap on the Save button
- The registry key will be saved as a .reg file
Step #2: Restore a Backed-up Registry Key
Below are the steps to restore a backed-up registry key:
- Find the backed-up registry key, it will have a .reg extension
- Dual Tap the file
- Choose yes when the system displays you ”Are ensure to wish to add the data”
- A window will arise to make sure the data in the registry backup will arise, snap OK
- Follow KB 10407 clean registry
- Download and install the latest version of sage 50
These are the certain steps that you need to keep in mind while uninstalling Sage 50 Accounts Completely. You need to follow all the instructions step by step. Failing may lead to various errors and problems like Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working.
Step #3: Remove ODBC and DSN Data Sources
- First of all, log in to your system as an administrator and run the command.
- After that press the Windows + R button from the keyboard, then type odbachad32.exe and select it.
- After that double click on C:\Windows\cvv64\odbcd32.exe. Doing this will help you to remove the 32-bit and 64-bit odd windows versions.
- Then remove sage line entries DSN tabs and system DSN.
- After this, if all the entries have been removed due to uninstall, then click on Next.
Step #4: Uninstall your Sage Software Using Windows
- First of all, you have to go to the start menu and open the control panel.
- After that, you have to open Programs and Features and find the Sage Account which you want to remove. Then select uninstall.
- For window XP – First of all, choose your program to add or delete or then find the smart accounts which you want to delete, then click on OK.
- If you still get errors in your computer then remove all versions of Sage and then click on it.
- After that, you have to select Programs and Features and right click on the Sage Account version, and click on Uninstall.
- For windows XP – choose to add or delete a program or then find some smart accounts which you need to delete from your computer, then click on ok.
Step 5: Uninstall .NET (Not Recommended)
If you plan to reinstall .NET Framework, you can uninstall it. However, if you’re planning to never install the framework on your system, then you should read ahead. .NET Framework is an important component for many programs that run on Windows. If you remove the program for the sake of Sage 50, then other programs that rely on this framework may also malfunction in the future.
Steps to uninstall .NET Framework:
- Right–Click on the Start menu.
- Choose Run, and type Control Panel into the text field.
- Hit Enter.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Choose .Net Framework, and click on Change/Uninstall.
- Choose Uninstall, and follow the on-screen instructions to remove .NET Framework from your system.
Steps to reinstall .Net Framework:
- Download the setup for .Net Framework.
- Double-click on the Setup to Launch it.
- Choose Yes if prompted by user account control settings to confirm.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install .Net Framework from your system.
- Click on Finish, and restart your system.
Now that you’ve reinstalled the .NET Framework, you can work seamlessly with the other software that rely on this vital component.
Uninstall Sage 50 Accounts Completely using Windows
To completely uninstall Sage 50 Accounts using Windows, you can follow these steps:
- Close Sage 50 Accounts if it is currently running.
- Press the Windows key + R and write Control Panel and click ok
- After Opening the Control Panel you need to select “Programs and Features” or “Add or Remove Programs” depending on your version of Windows.
- Locate Sage 50 Accounts in the list of installed programs and select it.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button or the “Change/Remove” button.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall Sage 50 Accounts.
- Once the uninstall process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
- After restarting, check the program files folder to ensure that all the files related to Sage 50 Accounts have been deleted.
- Finally, go to the windows registry editor, and do a search for Sage 50 Accounts and delete all the entries that come up.
Note: It is recommended to take a backup of the windows registry before editing it.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with Sage Technical Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using SAGE Peachtree (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following Sage (50, 100, 200, Payroll, Peachtree, Cloud, 3X, Impact, HRMS, CRM, ERP, One & Fixed Assets) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- Sage Printer Support
- Complete Sage Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- Sage Windows Support