Unable to Preview or Print Invoices after Windows Update/Unable to Preview or Print Invoices after QuickBooks Update
No doubt, QuickBooks offers multiple features to deal with accounting and bookkeeping activities of business. With rich highlights features, it has the capability to make and send tailored invoices to customers and retailers. But many times, users come across error messages “Unable to Preview or Print Invoices after Windows Update or Unable to Preview or Print Invoices after QuickBooks Update”. To consider these error messages, we have come with this article that gives you a complete explanation about such QuickBooks printing issues.
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Not Able to Preview or Print Invoices After Windows/QB Update
The following are some of the possible causes of QuickBooks Print Issues/Errors: –
- If the printer is turned off, this issue may occur.
- It can also happen if the paper tray isn’t full.
- If the printer is turned off or inactive.
- The printer was installed incorrectly.
- In the event that the default printer is changed.
- If the user is not a system administrator.
- The QuickBooks application was re-installed incorrectly.
Important pointers need to be considered
Before you begin resolving the QB Print Issues, make sure you have the following information:-
- Ensure that QuickBooks is up to date with the most recent release version. (Note that QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is the most recent version),
- Please verify that your computer is connected to the printer and that the printer software is correctly installed.
Prerequisites Steps to Overcome QuickBooks Printing Issues
- As a first step, check the printer to make sure the problem isn’t caused by the same thing
- After turning off the printer, restart the computer
- Turn on the printer after the computer has restarted
- From the Windows Start menu, select Control Panel
- Printers and Fax Machines should be double-clicked
- Right-click the printer and select Use Printer Online if it says Offline
- If there are any jobs in the queue when you double-click the printer, cancel them all
- Right-click on the printer after closing the window
- Select Print Test Page from the Properties menu
- If invoices are not printing correctly in QuickBooks Desktop, install and run the Print and PDF Repair Tool.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Unable to Preview or Print Invoices after Windows Update/QuickBooks Update
There are plenty of methods to fix the problem “unable to preview or print invoices after windows or quickbooks update” which are “if invoices not printing properly the consider to install and run the print and pdf repair tool”, try to adjust the widths of product, service and amount columns, adjust the windows user permissions for XPS document writer, ensure that printer is set to print a single sheet, Manually rename the QBPrint.QBP file to stop error message QuickBooks won’t print invoices, Make sure that the Printer is correct one, all these solutions have been described in detail below. Lets look them one by one;
Method 1: Install and run the print and PDF Repair Tool if invoices not properly printing
The QuickBooks printer repair tool fixes severe invoice printing issues in QuickBooks. The steps for using the tool to fix your problem are outlined below.
- Open QuickBooksToolsHub.exe after downloading the QuickBooks Tools Hub file
- The installation steps will be displayed on the screen. They must be followed and the terms and conditions must be accepted
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tools Hub once the installation is complete
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, go to Program Problems
- Allow QuickBooks Printer Repair Tool to run by clicking on it
- Try printing the invoices again after running the QuickBooks printer repair tool.
Method 2: Try adjusting the Product/Service and Amount columns widths
- Select Custom Form Styles from the Gear icon
- Look for the Sales Form and choose the Edit option from the Action drop-down menu
- Resize the width of the description or the amount by using the slider on the Content tab
- Finally, press the “Done” button.
Method 3: Adjust Windows User Permissions for the XPS Document Writer
You must have Admin Rights to complete the procedures outlined below to fix the QuickBooks printing invoice error:
- Open Printers Control from Windows
- Choose Printer properties (Windows 7 & 8) or Properties from the right-click menu of the Microsoft XPS Document Writer (Windows Vista)
- Select Everyone from the Security drop-down menu
- Select Print from the Allow column and press Ok
- Now open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\ Windows\ System32\ spool
- Select Properties from Printers
- After you’ve selected Security, click Add
- Press Enter after typing “local service”
- Select OK after double-checking that Local Service has Full Control
- Try to make a .pdf file with QuickBooks
- Check to see if the invoice printing issue has been resolved.
Method 4: Ensure that printer is set to print a single sheet
Step 1: To begin, below are the procedures for printing invoices in QuickBooks
- Go to the Customers in QuickBooks
- Select Customer Center followed by hitting the “Transactions” option
- Select the invoice whose template needs to be altered from the list of invoices
- After you’ve finished the process, go to the Print drop-down menu and choose Invoice
- After that, select Ok.
Step 2: Follow the steps below to ensure that your printer is set to print a single sheet:
- Select Printer Setup from the File menu
- Select Page-oriented (Single Sheets) from the Printer Type drop-down option and tap Ok.
Method 5: Manually rename the QBPrint.QBP file to stop error message QuickBooks won’t print invoices
- Find the QBprint.qbp file and double-click it
- C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 20xx (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7) (20xx represents the version of your QuickBooks)
- C:\ Programdata\ Intuit\ QuickBooks YEAR and C:\ Users\ **remote user**\ AppData\ Roaming\ Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\ TSPrinterSettings for Server 2008 and Server 2012
- Right-click the QBprint.qbp file you just found and rename it
- After that, add the suffix .old and launch QuickBooks Desktop
- Select Printer Setup from the File menu
- Select any transaction from the Form Name list and click Ok
- A new file named QBprint.qbp has been created
- Try printing any transaction now to check if the QuickBooks won’t print invoices notice has disappeared.
Method 6: Make sure that the Printer is correct one
- It’s possible that you picked the wrong printer. As a result, to ensure that you select the correct printer. Simply follow the steps outlined below to get started: –
- Select the “File” tab in QuickBooks and then the “Printer Setup” tab
- After that, select the desired form and try to print it
- Make sure the printer name matches the one you’re currently using
- If it doesn’t match, go to your computer’s “Printer Setup” option and make the necessary changes
- More information on the settings can be found in the “Help” section
- From the Printer Setup, select a different printer
- Go to the “File” menu and select “Printer Setup” from the drop-down menu
- Select the form that you want to print
- Select a different printer from the drop-down menu later.
- For additional information on the settings, go to the “Help” section.
- If you’re using customized forms or memorized reports, try printing a standard form or report
- If you’re printing a batch of forms in QuickBooks, try printing just one at a time
- If it works, try printing smaller batches
- Try printing the same type of form or report using one of the QuickBooks sample company files
- If it works, use fix data damage on your company file to fix any data damage in your file, then try printing again
- Now Select Selective Startup Mode from the drop-down menu
- If the problem persists, perform a clean install of QuickBooks for Windows.
Hopefully, the above suggested steps help you to easily overcome error messages “Unable to Preview or Print Invoices after Windows Update/Unable to Preview or Print Invoices after QuickBooks Update”. Moreover, if the issue exists then reach out to the team of Experts.