Are you stuck with any specific transaction and wondering how to delete or unmatch it in QuickBooks Online?
It is time to become tension-free since we bring you the manual guide to resolve this issue and boost your business.
What are Unmatched Transactions in QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, every downloaded transaction from a credit card or bank account is assigned a status, either matched or unmatched.
Matched status means the particular transaction is present already or has been added. Unmatched transactions, on the other hand, are accumulated in QuickBooks online.
Note: In few cases, you match a wrong transaction or categorize them and add them to the wrong account. Do not worry about such scenarios. QuickBooks allows you to make the necessary changes after the review.
Why do you Need to Unmatch a Transaction in QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, you need to unmatch a transaction because of the following reasons:
- Corrupted bank transactions
- Improper matching techniques
It is these unmatched transactions that create problems for business during accounting.
How to Unmatch a Transaction in QuickBooks?
Here is how you unmatch a downloaded transaction in QuickBooks:
- In your QuickBooks account, open the Banking menu.
- Click the banking tab.
- Choose the bank/credit card account you have downloaded the particular transaction form.
- Choose the Categorised tab.
- Locate the transaction you wish to match.
- Choose the blue transaction link displayed in the Added or Matched section to find the matched transaction.
- Choose Undo displayed in the Action column.
It is also possible to unmatch a transaction from the register
- Select Transactions and go to Chart of Accounts
- In the row of the particular account, select View Register
- Locate the transaction and click it
- Select Edit
- On the top-end of the transaction, select Online Banking matches
- Select Unmatch and the downloaded transaction goes back to the particular New Transactions tab
In this piece of content, how to unmatch a particular transaction in QuickBooks is described with detailed steps. We hope that with the help of these transactions you will be able to delete or unmatch a particular transaction.
However, often people get stuck somewhere while unmatching a transaction in QuickBooks Online. In such scenarios, chat with us.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support