QuickBooks Point of Sale is a platform that allows users to pursue “Deals” and “Stock” in a compelling and faster way. It is an efficient QB product that is ideal for small and mid-sized businesses to help them to keep track of POS activity. Point of Sale activity includes Payroll management, Cash Flow, sales, and inventory-related tasks. Point of Sale smooth-functioning is often disrupted with multiple errors or issues that encounter in QB.
QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange error is one such issue. It is mainly found when there is a syncing problem between two programs. In this blog, let’s explore the different troubleshooting to fix this error. QuickBooks Point of Sale system is specially designed to be used with QuickBooks Financial Software.
QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Editions
What is QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange Error?
The error emerges due to a syncing issue between two applications. Whenever two programs try to exchange the data; it cuts down the work pressure automatically; without entering the information for the second time you can move your data directly to your financial software. During this process, users may find an error when approaching QuickBooks Financial software to run an “Inventory report”. It displays an error message saying “No money displayed in the inventory assets”.
Read Also: QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060 Chat Now
Causes for QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange Error
There are multiple reasons due to which the QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange error occurs. Here are some of the most occurring reasons are jotted down:
- It can cause because of activity log error
- Issues found in the mapping of accounts
- The tax agency is not set to a type of tax agency
- Accounts used are not set up with the tax type
- Line items discounts forms decimal quantities on the sales receipt
Quick Fixation steps:
Perform different troubleshooting steps for different QuickBooks versions. The below-discussed steps also provide the solutions for the most occurring reasons like:
- The Activity Log error: Sometimes, the log files give errors within the system. If you’re facing such an issue then go to the Financial and verify “Activity Log”. Again, go back to the Financial and check whether you find any error or the log will tell you what the issues you’re facing.
- The Mapping accounts: QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange issue also arises when there are errors in the mapping accounts. In that case, you need to verify the “default mapping accounts set up in a file” >> move to the Preferences >> company >> accounts.
If the above solutions don’t resolve and the problem still occurs then look for the transactions that have generated in QuickBooks from the “Receiving Vouchers”. Let’s see how to reach there:
- Click Purchasing
- Then select the “Receiving History” tab
- After that, select Voucher
- Hit the “I want to…..” button
- Finally, click “Reflect Financial Details”.
Solutions for QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange Error
Try the below 6 solutions for the error:
Solution #1: Verify the Activity log
- Operate the Activity log
- Next, select Financial Centre
- Now, check if you’re not getting any error indicates the error is fixed
Solution #2: Announce Mapping account
- Go to the File menu >> Preferences
- Select the company and manage your accounts
- In the end, match the settings.
Solution #3: If the error still occurs then select Preferences
- Go to the Purchasing section
- Select the History tab
- Choose an appropriate among Vouchers
- Hit the option “I want to….”
- Select “Show Financial Details”.
Solution #4: Apply steps for version 5
- Browse the “Point of Sale”
- And then move to the Sales History
- Go to the Receipt and click on the same
- Click Financial and then choose the option “mark this document”
- At last, hit Ok.
Read Also: POS is not Transferring Data to QuickBooks Chat Now
Solution #5: Apply steps for version 6 and 10
- Look for the receipt number consists of error
- Select the POS and then browse Sales History
- Find and click on the receipt having an error
- Select the option “View Financial History”
- Choose the “Mark this document” followed by Ok.
Solution #6: You have other choices if the above doesn’t resolve the error
- Initially, select Purchasing >> History tab
- Click among the Vouchers
- Choose the “I need to…” button
- And finally, select the “Show Financial Details” option.
If the QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange issue is caused by conflicting sales tax rates
You need to edit the tax rates in QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Go to the File menu.
- Then select Setup Interview.
- Click on the Sales Tax tab.
- Click on Edit and Change the tax rate.
- Click Done.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Financial Exchange Error Codes
If you want to fix 3000 status code error (QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale) in QuickBooks Desktop, the article is here to help. 3000 Status code errors can happen when the financial exchange between QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop. So we will discuss the various solutions for fixing this problem. Some different messages may have a different status code, so take a look at all the messages below and determine which one applies to your error.
- Employee Hours Status code: 3000; Status message:
The given object ID in the field “list id”: is invalid
- Status code: 3000; Status message:
The given object ID in the field “list id”: is invalid
- Error Status code 3100: Status message:
The name “#######” of the list element is already in use.
- Status code 3140 or 3120:
The specified account is invalid or of the wrong type
- Status code 3140:
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks AR/AP Account “###### – #########” in the Receipt or Bill
- Status code 3140: Status Message:
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account “###### – #########” in the item Non – Inventory. QuickBooks error message: The expense account is invalid
- Status code: 3412, Status message:
The customer has an overdue transaction
- Status code 3170:
There was an error when trying to modify a vendor/customer list element.
- Status code: 3180 Status message:
There was an error when saving an Employees list, element “Employee, Name”
- Status code 3180:
There was a problem with saving the General Journal Transaction.
- Status code 3180: …QuickBooks error message:
A/P (or A/R) detail line must have a vendor.
- Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message:
The posting account is invalid.
- Status code 3180: Status message:
There was an error when saving a Sales Receipt
- Status code 3180: Status message:
The sales tax detail line must have a vendors
- Status code 3260: Status message:
Insufficient permission level to perform this action
- 140109: Account lookup error:
“Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable” when running Financial Exchange.
- Status code 510:
When running Financial Exchange.
The above write-up has elaborated all possible ways to fix QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange Error. In case you find any difficulties in performing solutions then it is advisable to speak to a QuickBooks expert to get proper remedies for the queries.
How do I identify QuickBooks POS Financial Exchange error?
Ans: There is a number of indications to identify QB POS Financial Exchange error:
1. A pop-up error message display “No money on display in the inventory assets”
2. While using QuickBooks Financial application to run a “stock report” the client may end up with an error.
3. If the error occurs while using the Financial Exchange feature then it will display a message that provides information related to that. It mostly happens when you try to send receipts using the financial program.
What and all occur when Point of Sale is unable to open QuickBooks?
Ans: There are mainly 3 errors that you can encounter when POS is not able to open QB:
1. Error code 140015: Point of Sale could not establish a connection with QuickBooks
2. Error code 140014: QB POS cannot access the QuickBooks Financial software company file
3. Error code 140025: Point of Sale was not able to open the QB Financial software company file.
What is Financial Exchange in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale (POS)?
Ans: It is nothing but the process of transferring details between two applications. It can be done anytime or you can do it at the end of your day procedure. In QuickBooks POS, Financial Exchange impressively decreases your workload as it keeps you from entering details twice. Overall, it is a highly recommended and useful program in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support