There can be various reasons why you may want to replace your computer’s hard drive. Either you want to enhance the speed and performance of your computer or your current hard drive has crashed and needs a replacement. Or at times, you may simply want to upgrade your primary hard drive for some more storage space.
And if you have even a little bit of technical knowledge, replacing a hard drive can be an easy task, however, it is important to make sure that afterwards all the software and programs installed on your computer runs properly.
That’s why, it is better to check all the installed software, whether they are opening and performing fine. And in case you are a QuickBook Pro 2012 user and unfortunately it doesn’t open or gives you reinstallation error, don’t fret or get upset.
In order to fix the problem, all you would need to do is re-create corrupt EntitlementDataStore.ecml: and rename the QBWUSER.ini file. Here’ how:
Step for Re-create Corrupt EntitlementDataStore.ecml:
- Step 1: If QuickBooks Pro 2012 is opened, close it.
- Step 2: Now go to the entitlement data folder for your operating system plus version of QuickBooks.
- Step 3: Open the Run window by pressing Windows+R together.
- Step 4: Now Enter or just copy and paste the below given informationQuickBooks 2105 and Enterprise 15.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- QuickBooks 2014 and Enterprise 14.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- QuickBooks 2013 and Enterprise 13.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- QuickBooks 2012 and Enterprise 12.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
- QuickBooks 2011 and Enterprise 11.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
- QuickBooks 2010 and Enterprise 10.0 : C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
- QuickBooks 2009 and Enterprise 9.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v5
- QuickBooks 2008 and Enterprise 8.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v5
- QuickBooks 2007 and Enterprise 7.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v3s
- Step 5: Press Enter on yout kryboard
- Step 6: Now right click on the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Step 7: Select Delete.
- Step 8: Click Yes to delete the file.
- Step 9: Go to QuickBooks and open your company file. As prompted, follow the instructions in order to register the application.
- Step 10: Rename QBWUSER.ini file
- Step 11: Press Windows+E to open Computer windows.
- Step 12: Go to Organize menu and select Folder and search option.
- Step 13: Go to the View tab.
- Step 14: In the Advanced Settings, under Hidden files and folders, go to Show hidden files, folder, and drives.
- Step 15: Tickmark on Show hidden files, folder, and drives and then click on Ok.
- Step 16: After that in the Computer window, double-click on C:\ drive to go to the following path: C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Step 17: Then right-click on QBWUSER.INI file and select Rename.
- Step 18: Replace .INI with .INIold
- Step 19: Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Step 20: Open QuickBooks once again to check if you are able to open it without the error.
Note: Before replacing hard drive, it is highly advisable to take back up of all the data and software on your computer.
Read Also – Resolve Various Reconciliation Problems in QuickBooks
How can I reinstall the QuickBooks Pro 2013 after replacing the hard drive?
Firstly, you have to run your downloaded QuickBooks. Then, click on the Yes button when it appears on your screen. Hit the next click on the Install button to begin the installation process. Choose the QuickBooks versions by selecting the country product and year version. Click on the Download button and you are all done with this program.
How can I reinstall the QuickBooks Pro 2013 if the computer crashes once you replace the hard drive?
The first thing you have to do to recover the QuickBooks when the system crashes. Then, open the file QuickBooks.exe you downloaded. Perform on-screen guidelines and then accept the software license agreement. After this, enter the product and license number and click on the Next button. Then follow displayed prompts until the program is not finished?
How can I recover the data from the hard drive after reinstalling the QuickBooks Pro 2012?
Firstly, you have to create a new folder on your system. Then, open the folder where your company file is saved. Then, open the QuickBooks Auto recovery folder and click on the selected folder. Hit the right-click on the Delete option. Then, open your QuickBooks to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support