QuickBooks backup file is the backup of your company file. It comprises all your accounting data for the business. You can restore the backup of your QuickBooks company data from any of the devices like a USB flash drive, Hard drive, network media, or any other network folder.
With the help of the below writeup, we will try to understand the stepwise step process to restore the QuickBooks backup file on your computer. So, let us start without any further delay.
The process to Restore Backup Files in QuickBooks
- At the first step, you need to open the QuickBooks > select File menu > click on Open or Restore company file.
- Now you will have to restore the file based upon its type or in other words extension:
Restoration of Windows Company Data File with the Extension (.qbw):
- First of all, click on open the company file and click on next.
- Now you need to open the appropriate folder and select your company file and click on Open and enter the password.
Restoration of Windows company data file with the extension (.qbb):
- Go to the file > click on Open or Restore the company file. Now select the Restore a backup copy and click on Next.
- After that click on Local Backup and click on next again, after this you need to select your company back up file (.qbb) by browsing in your computer’s folders.
- In this step, you need to save the restored company file to an appropriate new location on your computer and click on Open and click on save and finish the procedure.
Restoration of Windows Portable file with the extension (.qbm):
- First of all, open the QuickBooks and login as admin. Now go to the File > open or Restore company file.
- Now select Restore a Portable file and click on Next.
- After that, you need to select your portable company file with the extension (.qbm) and click on Open.
- Now you should read the notes for “Where you want to restore the file” and click on Next and then click on save after completing the procedure.
Restoration of MacBook company file with the extension (.dmg or .qbxxx)
- First of all, you need to double click on the backup file which will open the new window which will show a copy of the company file, you will also see the attachment library for the attached document in your backup.
- You need to move the above copy of your company file and attachment library to the same folder as your QuickBooks company file.
- Now you need to open the QuickBooks for MacBook, click Browse, and choose the backup file from the folder where you saved it earlier, and click on Open.
- Once you get the prompt that will say you are opening the backup file click on continue. Now enter the name of the company file and click on save and OK to complete the process.
Don’t worry, in case you still can’t find what you are looking for, chat with our experts.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support