When you have QuickBooks installed in your system, it comes with a license number and product number. Though these details are not frequently required, being aware of the same is recommended. If you know how to find the license number, it will save you much time when you actually require them in an emergency.
When do you need the license number for QuickBooks?
While using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, there are situations when you are required to locate the product number as well as your license number. The two most common situations when you will have to have the QB license number handy:
- While contacting customer support executive
- When switching to a new PC
How Many Digits is a QuickBooks License Number?
A QuickBooks license number is composed of four sections, each containing four digits, and the last section has three digits. For example, your license number might look like this: 1234-5678-9012-345. Of course, the digits will be different, but this is the structure of a QuickBooks license number.
Where is QuickBooks Product Key and License Number Stored?
If you can’t find your QuickBooks license number, don’t worry! You’re not alone. You’ll find the right answer to your problem in one of these three places:
1). On the Original Packaging
The QuickBooks license number is always located on the packaging of the CDs or DVDs. There will be a sticker on the box containing both your license number and product number.
2). Check Your Email Account
You will have received an email containing your QuickBooks license and product numbers when you purchased online. If not, take a look through your inbox to find the email with QuickBooks details.
3). Use the QuickBooks Online Registry Tool
If you deleted the email containing your QuickBooks license number or discarded your original packaging, you can still find it using the QuickBooks registration tool. Just navigate to the Intuit website and enter your username and password to get started.
4). Contact Intuit Customer Support
If you can’t find your QuickBooks license number, you can give Intuit customer service a call. To provide proof of purchase to Intuit’s customer service representatives, they may ask for one of the following: your order number, your payment information if you are paying monthly or an invoice if you are paying annually, or the general account information.
How to locate the license number?
When it comes to getting or retrieving details about the license number, it includes information related to everything from the product name to product number, product version, license number, release, etc.
Quick ways of locating
- In case it seems difficult for you to follow the step-wise instructions, you can simply check the product license number emailed to you as the authorized entities have the records of the registered customers saved with them.
- If you have purchased the product directly from QuickBooks’ website, the purchase email can be referred to for all the numbers.
- If you have purchased the product from a retail store, referring to the label on the packaging would let you know the license number.
Stepwise ways of locating
The way you locate the license number depends on the version of QuickBooks you are using.
- Open QuickBooks software.
- Now, press the F2 key or Ctrl+1 to let the program startup.
- Next, you will see a window with information about your QuickBooks copy.
- In the first line, you will see the version number.
- In the second line, you will see the license number.
- Under the third line, you will view the product number.
For QuickBooks Desktop
Whether you have the Pro, Premier, or Enterprise option, you can follow the below-mentioned steps for the purpose:
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop
- Press the F2 key
- Navigate to the Product Information section and search for all the details, including product name, number, and license number, etc.
- If you want to have your release, you can check at the end of the name of the product.
- Move to the Version Used on File portion and find the version
For QB Basic & Enhanced Payroll
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on the Employee menu
- Choose Payroll Center
- Click the Payroll tab
- In the Subscription Statuses window, you will get the version information
For QB Desktop for Mac
- Go to QB Desktop
- Navigate to the Help menu
- Select the Product Information section
For QB Point of Sale (POS)
- Open POS
- Navigate to the Help menu
- Choose About Point of Sale
- On the Product line, search for edition as well as version
Here’s How to Get Your QuickBooks License Number in the Registry
It’s always a pain when you lose your QuickBooks license or product number. The QuickBooks registry tool is the best way to find them if you forget it. Just go to the Intuit website and enter your information, and you’ll be able to retrieve either of them. If you forget your email address at registration, not a problem! That info will be sent to you too through email.
Is QuickBooks Online registered with the license number?
QuickBooks Online accounts don’t have a license number. They have a Company ID, which you’ll find on your Billing & Subscription page.
- Click the Gear icon.
- Choose Account & Settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription on the left side of the screen and then scroll down to find the “Company ID,” click on it and it will appear at the top of the window.
Based on the QuickBooks product you’re using, you can follow the respective steps.
In case you get stuck at any of the above-mentioned steps, you can simply connect with experts for all the help you need.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support