About QuickBooks Error 3371
|Error Code:||Error 3371||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Damaged qbregistration.dat file or cannot be accessible, Damaged MSXML files component.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon||Possible Solution:||Delete and Recreate Damaged Entitlement File Manually, Perform Clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.|
What is Quickbooks Error 3371 & How to Fix It?
The Quickbooks Error 3371 is an Update, Upgrade, or Installation Errors in Quickbooks Software. This can be a plague you haven’t realized has been on your system for ages and you just ran into it. Trust me, it can be a pain in the neck at times to get this fixed but there are troubleshooting steps that you can easily follow and get it removed if done accurately. First of all, in order to fix it, one should learn the root cause. There are indeed many. Let us get to know them better.
3371 Occur During Update, Upgrade, Installation QB
When you open QuickBooks Desktop, you see one of these error messages:
- There can be a missing or damaged file in your system which prevented QuickBooks from loading the license data.
- You may be receiving other codes which mean the same, codes like status code 11118 or status code 1.
- If you haven’t updated all the latest versions in your Windows. The world is up to date and the fashion changes every day. The same rule, I guess applies for your machine too.
- 1 About QuickBooks Error 3371
- 2 What is Quickbooks Error 3371 & How to Fix It?
- 3 What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks Error 3371?
- 4 Things to be considered before moving ahead
- 5 Exclusive solutions to eradicate QuickBooks Error 3371
- 6 Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
- 6.1 Method 1: Close all the Running Applications
- 6.2 Solution 2: Delete the ECML file
- 6.3 Solution 3: Rename the Entitlement File
- 6.4 Solution 4: Download, install and Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub
What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks Error 3371?
As a regular QuickBooks User, it is mandatory for you to store the license on the hard drive and in case you lose the info, file or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged then you can probably encounter QuickBooks Error 3371. Also, at the time when you clone the data into the C:\drive, the error can pop up on your screen. This would demand to delete the entitlement file and also re-entering the license information. There are a couple of reasons that may lead to this error code, a few of them are described below:
- Missing QBregistration.dat file is the primary reason to trigger QuickBooks Error 3371. The installation file usually contains the licence data stored in the hard drive and if this file gets damaged then you may get this sort of error.
- If the QuickBooks desktop has performance issues.
- You can also encounter this error if you lose the connection to the QuickBooks data file.
- Having trouble in printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF in QuickBooks data file.
- Incomplete or unsuccessful Windows update installation keeps the windows components out-to-date and this may come across QuickBooks Error 3371.
- Crash com errors in QuickBooks can provoke this error.
- In case the QuickBooks stopped working error occurs, it might lead to QuickBooks Error code 3371.
- The MSXML component is an integral component offered by Microsoft. This component helps to retrieve the information in the QBregistration.dat file allowing QB to run. If this file gets damaged or broken then the QuickBooks Error Code 3371 will start popping up on your screen.
- If you open the company file before importing the .QBO and saving data, it might lead to QuickBooks Error 3371. Therefore, you are supposed to save your work first and then move forward with opening the file.
- Firewall settings, faulty windows updates, and adverse anti-virus settings can also give rise to QuickBooks Error Code 3371.
- Due to network issues, you can lose the connection with the QuickBooks data file.
- Error Code 80029c4a can be one of the principal causes of getting such an error code.
Things to be considered before moving ahead
- Your QuickBooks installation process can fail or get damaged if the latest windows updates are not installed in your system. Thus, you need to make sure that Windows is updated to its most recent release.
- In case the error still perpetuates, it might be due to a corrupted windows operating system.
- If the file is opened before saving it, the right networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users might face this issue. In this scenario, you need to save the company file before importing the .QBO file.
Exclusive solutions to eradicate QuickBooks Error 3371
Before jumping to the solution part, make sure you have spotted each and every cause. It will help you to choose the best fixation method according to the problem. So, do not skip any of the steps and follow the section with utmost observance in order to correct the QuickBooks Error Code 3371. Let’s get started without any ado:
Below are some signs and symptoms enlisted to identify the error within no time.
- All of a sudden, the tools in QuickBooks stop working.
- Your system experiences repeated hanging and freezing issues.
- The QuickBooks crashes whenever you are trying to open it.
- If you get notified of a mysterious HTML file, it might be the sign of QuickBooks Error Code 3371.
- If you get notified of a mysterious HTML file, it might be the sign of QuickBooks Error Code 1311.
- Another Symptom is that the users are unable to open the Company File in QuickBooks.
- This error can also be noticed at the time of the cloning process from C:\drive to another new hard drive.
- If the Home screen freezes and gives no response to the user requests.
- QuickBooks gets closed down and reopened on its own.
Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
This plague or headache you may call has been creeping into every user’s QuickBooks software for donkey years. Each time, people stumble upon this issue, there have been applied several troubleshooting methods to ensure that the QuickBooks error is rectified.
The one that is most recommended for people to follow and gain hundred percent success is the step by step guide mentioned below-
There are two conditions before you carry out the troubleshooting QuickBooks License Error. The first one is having all the updates installed in Windows. The second one is that you have the license number and the product number of your QuickBooks Software handy.
You can also refer to the steps below to resolve QuickBooks error 3371 faster:
- Make sure you have the latest version of QuickBooks. You need to download the exe file which is the main element in the whole process you are going to follow
- Run the tool by clicking on it twice
- Try and open the file from QuickBooks directly. To do this, you need to select Open or Restore Company from the File Now select the radio button to choose either company file or back up file. After this you need to find the location of the file and select the file. From the option Accountant’s copy, you got to select Convert Accounts Copy Transfer File
- After the file has been selected successfully, you need to hold the Alt key and click Open. In case QuickBooks pops up a login window, you can skip the Alt Key process and then fill in the credentials to log in
- Now you can hold the Alt key and click Open. While this step is done, make sure the Alt key is help until the file has opened successfully otherwise there are chances that an error message occurs
- Now move the file to a new location. If you are unable to shift the file to a different location, there are probabilities that someone else must be using the file at the same time. You might want to find out the user and request the user to log out. Once done, you should copy and paste the file once again
- You got to know the properties of the file. The file should QuickBooks Company File with a minimum size of 7 MB. Once confirmed, rename the company file
- One thing to note while renaming is that the characters shouldn’t not be more than three letters
- All the files should have the extension .qbw or .qbb. If not, then the files should be changed with the mentioned extensions. Enter and save the new file
- Now it is time to open the file from the new location where it was saved earlier
- You need to turn off the multi user mode if it is on. You can do this by clicking on the message Stop hosting multi-users from the File By clicking on the message, you will be redirected to certain steps that need to be accomplished
- After every process has been completed, the universal step to be followed, restart the system
Method 1: Close all the Running Applications
To prevent the QuickBooks Error 3371, you are required to close all the running applications. Here are the steps to do so:
- The very first step is to close the QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- After that, close all running QuickBooks processes.
- Hold and press the Windows + R keys together to access the Run window.
- In the Run window, you must type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitltement Client\v8 and then hit the OK tab.
- Now, the Task Manager must be opened by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together on your keyboard.
- Hover over the Processes tab and look for the QBW32.EXE process.
- Select the process and then hit on End Task.
- Lastly, remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and open the QuickBooks Company File then register the application.
Solution 2: Delete the ECML file
The QuickBooks Error 3371 can’t be resolved until you remove the ECML file. You just need to check out the underneath steps:
- You first need to hold down the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to run the file.
- Now, the Run Window will pop up on the screen.
- In this window, you are required to enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitltement Client\v8.
- The next step is to press and hold Windows + E keys simultaneously.
- After that, hit a right-click and choose the Delete option to remove the ecml file.
- Once done with the previous steps, close the window.
- Ultimately you need to run the QuickBooks Software and then register the product again.
- You are good to go as soon as you have checked the status for the QuickBooks error code 3371.
Solution 3: Rename the Entitlement File
It is essential to change the name of the Entitlement File if you don’t want to hamper your workflow due to QuickBooks Error 3371. Follow the below listed actions in a given sequence.
For Windows XP Users
- In the beginning, tap on the Start tab and choose the Run box.
- Now, enter the following path in the Run box: “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file:Documenet and Settings AllUsersApplication DataintuitEntitlemeny Clientv2”.
- Press the OK tab.
- In the end, you need to rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
For Windows 7, 8
- Proceed ahead with C:programDataIntuitEntitltement ClientV.
- The next step is to rename the entitlement file.
- Now, you need to open QuickBooks. This software will automatically create a new file.
- After that, unhide the program data folder after conforming to the below-given steps:
- Move your cursor to the Computer Search Options
- Select the Hidden Files and Folders option.
- Afterward, open QuickBooks and check if the error still persists or not.
For Windows 10, 11
- You need to hit a right-click on the Start tab in the first place and then select the Control Panel icon.
- After this, navigate to the Appearance and Personalisation option and select File Explorer options.
- Next, you have to press the View tab.
- You are then required to change the hidden files and folders setting to Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- You can alternatively un-check the Hide-protected operating system files option.
- Once you are done with the above steps then click on Apply and then press the OK button.
Solution 4: Download, install and Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub
When the above-stated solutions didn’t work out then you can make use of QuickBooks Tool Hub to get rid of QuickBooks Error 3371. The instructions included in this section are presented below:
Step 1: Run Quick Fix my Program
- In the inception, close the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Now, you have to download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- Moving ahead to run the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file).
- After that, accept and agree to the Intuit license agreement.
- Once the tool hub is successfully installed on your system, tap on Finish
- Then, hit a double click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Furthermore, select the Quick Fix My Program option from the Program Problems tab.
- Press the OK tab to proceed ahead.
- Finally, you must open the QuickBooks software to access the data file.
Step 2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from Tool Hub
- Initially, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then install the same.
- Once the installation is completed, you must run the tool.
- Now, you need to select the Installation Issues tab in the tool hub.
- Then, choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it.
- Let the tool run and spot the issue if any. Remember that the process might take some time to culminate.
- To end the process. You need to reboot your system.
Step 3: Directly run the 3371 Error Fix from the tool hub
If you have already downloaded the QuickBooks Tool Hub then you have an option to use the 3371 error fix program or else first download the tool hub program and then go through the steps given below:
- Hit a double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on the Windows desktop to open it.
- In the tool hub, you have to choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Now, select the 3371 Error Fix.
- Afterward, tap on the OK tab and then start the QuickBooks Software.
- At last, open the data file and then inspect whether the error got fixed or not.
Solution 5: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows and QuickBooks
Sometimes, it is important to perform a clean installation of Windows and QuickBooks if you quickly want to tackle the QuickBooks Error 3371. The entire procedure is picturized in this section:
- You needl to install the latest Windows update.
- Once you are ready to set up QuickBooks Software, you need to recreate the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file and then resolve the License and fix registration issues.
- The final step is to tap on Reinstall and perform a clean installation.
In order to successfully complete the re-installation of QuickBooks Desktop, there are three manual steps that a user needs to schedule. Let’s have a look at all of them:
- Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
- Using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows
- Re-installing QuickBooks in your PC
Step 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
- You are required to click the Windows + R keys to start the Run command.
- After this, type Control Panel in the search bar and then press the OK button.
- Now, head to Programs & Features and choose the Uninstall a Program option.
- From the list of the installed programs, select QuickBooks Desktop and tap on Uninstall.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
Step 2: Using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows
- Start with downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Now, navigate to the location where the download is saved and hit a double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation process.
- Then, you have to install the program by following the on-screen prompts.
- Click on I Accept to complete the installation process and then open the QuickBooks Tool hub from the Desktop.
- Here, tap on the Clean Install Tool after selecting the Installation Issues tab.
- After this, go for the QuickBooks Desktop version installed previously and press the Continue tab.
- Within a few minutes, the following message will start appearing on the screen “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location”. Later, hiit the OK tab to complete this troubleshooting step.
If you are unable to access QuickBooks Desktop while renaming the folders, the steps are here to be followed:
- Start the windows taskbar and then hover over the Task Manager.
- Choose the Processes tab and click on the Image Name column header.
- Now, you need to select Exe, QBDBMgern.exe, qbw32.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, and then tap on END.
- Furthermore, you need to hit the Yes icon once you will see any warning message on the screen.
Step 3: Re-installing QuickBooks in your PC
- To set forth, insert the CD of the QuickBooks Desktop and then follow the directions visible on your screen.
- Once the software is installed on the system, it will ask for your Product and License number.
- Now, enter the credentials just as you were mentioned in the system earlier.
- After providing the above information, follow the on-screen instructions to get the step completed.
- Later, click on the Next tab.
- Select the type of installation and press Next once again then hit the Install tab to proceed ahead.
- At the end of the process, you would be able to run QuickBooks.
Manually rename the QuickBooks Desktop Installation Folders
Under this section, you would have to manually rename the Installation Folders in case you are facing any kind of technical annoyance. By doing this, you can easily mend the QuickBooks Error 3371. The steps involved in this process are explained below:
- Browse and Start menu and search for File Explorer.
- Once you are able to find it then open it.
- Now, look and open the Folder having the Company Files.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Hit a right- click to look for the folder.
- Then, click on the Rename tab once you find it.
- Next, you are supposed to add the .old at the end of the folder name. This will prevent the QuickBooks Desktop from accessing this folder upon reinstallation.
- Afterward, reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop Software.
In case while renaming the folder, you get the error message “The access denied while renaming the folder” then the steps included in this section will assist you:
- To open the task manager, you need to hold down Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together on your keyboard. You can also search the task manager in the Start menu br.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Now, select the Name Column header to order the list.
- After that, you have to look for the following QuickBooks-related processes in the processes tab: Qbw32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, once you have chosen each of these processes, hit the End Process tab.
- If you see the warning message, “Terminating a process can cause undesired results and then tap on the Yes icon.
Solution 6: Install the latest windows updates
In case the Windows is obsolete, it becomes pertinent to install the latest windows updates. Also, doing so helps you to chuck off QuickBooks Error 3371. Let’s adhere to the steps inclined below:
- To start away, you have to install the most recent windows updates and then press the Start key button.
- Next, select all Programs and then update your windows.
- Now, you need to choose the Update option and click on it to check for the latest updates.
- After getting the successful update, it is necessary to reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop once again.
Solution 7: Wipe off all the Junk Files
Removing the Junk Files from your PC will help you to settle QuickBooks Error 3371. You just have to check out the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to hold and press the Windows + E keys together to access the File Explorer.
- Now, select Properties.
- Then, click on Disk Cleanup.
- You are required to choose Clean System Files.
- To conclude, hit the OK tab and press the Delete Files option.
To manually clean Temporary files in your system , you are supposed to carry out the steps provided below:
- Hold down the Windows + R keys together to access the Run Window.
- Next, type %Temp% in the search box and press Enter.
- The folder containing all the temp files opens up.
- Press the CTRL + A keys together to choose all the files and then click the Delete key to remove all the temporary files.
Need Professional Help?
Trust me! Many people have followed these troubleshooting steps have been successful in achieving the desired result of getting rid of this extremely annoying QuickBooks Error Code. The most important thing to keep in mind is to update your anti-virus software as analysis of this error code has concluded that one of the most adamant reasons for this situation can be old or vulnerable ant-virus software that must have been giving way to all the malware from entering into your system and infecting the important files.
In most cases, the steps mentioned above have been promising to take care of your problem; however in case the matter doesn’t seem to be resolved, you can always contact Intuit Support who are highly skilled and trained in such technical issues, and you will be glad to be contacting them as you are sure to get your solution. There are two ways of getting in touch.