Know About The Intuit Data Protect Has Stopped Working (Backup Failed)
Intuit (QuickBooks) Data Protect Stopped Working problem taken place when you enter incorrect IDP login credentials, fail to create the backup when the company file is already open in one of the workstations, IDP web address not added as a trusted source in the browser’s settings. When user Intuit Data Protect Has Stopped Working problem a pop-up on the screen with the message “Error Message: Backup could not be completed because it ran out of disk space. To successfully backup you need to have at least Two times size of your biggest file set of free space in C:\\Users\–\AppData\Local\Intuit\Intuit_Data_Protect“
Intuit Data Protect is providing safety to your QuickBooks Data. This won’t let you lose your data, compromise, or save from data corruption with high standards of encryption. While providing security to your QuickBooks data many issues happen in Intuit Data Protect. The issues that cause are backup, installation, update, login, upgrade, and many more. All these errors interrupt and cause the error “Intuit (QuickBooks) Data Protect Has Stopped Working”.
In this article, you get to know about more errors that cause and the reasons why this happens. The solutions are also mentioned so that you can easily fix the error on your own by following the methods.
- 1 List of common issues that are faced by users when the error “Intuit (QuickBooks) Data Protect Has Stopped Working “Backup Failed””
- 2 What are the reasons for the issue that cause the error Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working?
- 3 Steps to fix the issue Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working Errors
- 3.1 Step 1: Update Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- 3.2 Step 2: In Trusted Sites Add the Intuit Data Protect
- 3.3 Step 3: Check that the system is properly set up for Intuit Data Protect
- 3.4 Step 4: Release the IDP Files from the Firewall Restrictions
- 3.5 Step 5: Make sure That IBuEngHost.exe File is Running as a System User
- 3.6 Step 6: Use the Diagnostic Tool of Intuit Data Protect
- 3.7 Step 7: Free the space in the Intuit Data Protect
- 4 FAQs
- 4.1 Does an Update of the QuickBooks Desktop is required to fix the error Intuit Data Protect has stopped working on your computer?
- 4.2 How can I add the Intuit files to Windows firewall Exceptions to fix the problem of Intuit Data Protect has stopped working?
- 4.3 What domains are required to add as the trusted Sites in Internet Explorer for fixing the error Intuit Data Protect has stopped working?
List of common issues that are faced by users when the error “Intuit (QuickBooks) Data Protect Has Stopped Working “Backup Failed””
The Common issues that are being faced are as follows:-
- The online backup of Intuit is not responding
- Intuit Data Protect backup fails due o internet connectivity
- The backup that you have scheduled is not working on your computer
- Intuit Data Protect installation issues into your system
- Error code 8991, 302 appears on your screen
- Login errors in Intuit Data Protect
- Intuit Data Protect is not showing on your computer
- The IDP icon is misplaced from the Windows taskbar.
What are the reasons for the issue that cause the error Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working?
Various reasons are there that you must know about, and it also helps you to choose the solution accordingly.
The reasons are as follows:-
- Verify your credentials (user ID and password) for login
- Firewall id blocking its services
- QuickBooks Desktop is not updated
- Check the version of IDP also
- Check your platform of working that is MS .NET Framework.
Steps to fix the issue Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working Errors
There are several methods & steps to fix this problem, some of them are listed below. Follow each one carefully:
Step 1: Update Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
Update Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- First of all, open your Windows system
- Go to the taskbar and click on the arrow that is at the bottom right- side of your desktop
- Go to the taskbar on your screen
- Click on the arrow to get options
- Select the Intuit Data Protect icon that is in green color padlock icon
- Then right-click on the IDP icon
- Choose the option About Intuit Data Protect
- Click on the update button
- Then follow the instruction if there are any, and do update them properly.
Step 2: In Trusted Sites Add the Intuit Data Protect
In Trusted Sites Add the Intuit Data Protect
- You have to add the websites to the browser as the trusted websites for the Intuit Data Protect
- Go to the search bar of the Start menu
- Type Internet Options and press Enter button
- Click on the option Security
- Select the option of Trusted Websites
- Choose the sites that you have to add the Intuit Data Protect and also the Intuit websites one by another
- These websites are:-
- After that, click on the Close button and then click the OK button.
Step 3: Check that the system is properly set up for Intuit Data Protect
Check that the system is properly set up for Intuit Data Protect
- Go to the search bar of the Windows Start menu
- Type firewall and press the Enter key to open it
- Click on the option named Allow an app through Windows Firewall
- After that, Allow another app
- Go to the location Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect
- In this location, click on the file QBIDPservice.exe file and then open it
- You have to select the Network Types
- Tick mark the Private checkbox
- Click on the Add button when you completed the above steps
Now, you have to add the following files that are Intuit Data Protect.exe and IBUenghost.exe file. If it shows you the error that the files already exist or are already added to it then you have to skip the steps till the end.
Step 4: Release the IDP Files from the Firewall Restrictions
Release the IDP Files from the Firewall Restrictions
The Intuit Data Protect required access to your QuickBooks Company file for processing the Backup. For this, you have to verify that the files are not blocked that are important for the process done by IDP.
The steps are:-
- In your Windows system, open the Run window
- In the Run window, type firewall.cpl
- Then press Enter button from the keyboard to open it
- On the left side, select Allow an app through the Windows Firewall option
- Now, select the Allow another app option so that it won’t restrict it
- Search and open the path in your system that is Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect folder
- Select and open the file QBIDPservice.exe
- To open this file right-click and then select the open option
- Choose the Network types and then tick mark the box named Private
- Hit on Add button to add this file
- After this, search for the IBUenghost.exe file
- Then select it and open it up
- In the Network, types click on the Private option box
- Click on the Add again
- Browse for the file named IBUenghost.exe file and Intuit Data Protect.exe file to add them one by one
- After that, make sure that it shows you the file exists message on your screen.
Step 5: Make sure That IBuEngHost.exe File is Running as a System User
Make sure That IBuEngHost.exe File is Running as a System User
You have to make sure that the file named IBuEngHost.exe running as the system user on your computer. This helps the Intuit Data Protect function very well. So, check that it is not running as the Windows user.
For this, there are a few steps that you have to implement, and that is:-
- On your Windows desktop, go to the Taskbar below
- Right-click on the taskbar
- From options, click on the Task Manager or press and hold Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys
- In the Task Manager window, click on the Details tab
- Search for file IBuEngHost.exe
- Now check its username- System and Status- running
- If yes, then the file is running as a system user but if not then go for further steps.
- If this “user name- System and Status- running” won’t match then do the steps mentioned below:-
1. Firstly, download the installer newly for the QuickBooks Desktop version
2. Save the installer on your desktop to get fast access
3. Go to the saved file and then right-click on it
4. From further options, click on Run as Administrator
5. You have to go with the flow for the reinstallation process
6. When you are done with this process then open the Task Manager again
7. Go to the Details tab and search for the IBuEngHost.exe file
8. Verify the details that are username- System and Status- running
9. Now you are done with this.
Step 6: Use the Diagnostic Tool of Intuit Data Protect
Use the Diagnostic Tool of Intuit Data Protect
This tool help users to check their computer’s memory that is storage space available in their Windows system. Also, check for Windows components like Intuit Data Protect and .NET Framework. Do test that you can connect to backup servers.
Steps to run the tool are:-
- Go to the Intuit Data Protect icon and then right-click on it
- From options, click on the About Intuit Data Protect
- Then press and hold Ctrl + F2 keys together
- This opens up the Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool
- In the Tool’s window, Hit on Run Diagnostics
- You get an error window if the tool detects any problem
- Check the information for the steps to know about fixing the issue then you are done.
Step 7: Free the space in the Intuit Data Protect
Free the space in the Intuit Data Protect
The backup capacity in Intuit Data Protect is 100 GB. You have to clean up space side-by-side so that you can do further backups in the future.
For this, the steps are mentioned here:-
A. Verify the version of the Intuit Data Protect
Make sure that you have the updated version of Intuit Data Protect. If it is not updated, then do the update.
B. Delete the backup folders
If you delete the backup folders you are not able to get them back. So, download the backed-up files first then delete them from Intuit Data Protect.
- Go to the taskbar of your Windows screen
- Then right-click on the Intuit Data Protect icon
- Choose the option Intuit Data Protect
- Press and hold Ctrl + R keys together
- This helps you to open the screen for deleting the backup file
- The size of each folder is calculated by the Data Protect
- After that, click on the Delete option
- It shows you the dialog box to ask you the confirmation for deletion
- Click on the Yes button for providing the confirmation and deletes the backup folder permanently
- To finish, click on the OK button.
C. Reduce the size of the backup file
In this for not to reach the full limit, you can delete the files that are not required to backup.
- From the arrow of the taskbar, select the Intuit Data Protect by right-clicking on its icon
- This opens up the Intuit Data Protect
- Click on the Change Backup Settings option
- Now remove the tick mark from all the folders and files that are not required to backup
- After that, click on the Continue button till you are done with backup settings.
How to reach us?
Does an Update of the QuickBooks Desktop is required to fix the error Intuit Data Protect has stopped working on your computer?
Yes, in case if you are facing an issue because of the outdated QuickBooks application. So, it is important to update it and then still have issues so go forward to do the solution methods.
How can I add the Intuit files to Windows firewall Exceptions to fix the problem of Intuit Data Protect has stopped working?
1. Open the Run window on your system
2. Type firewall. cpl and press Enter from the keyboard
3. Go to the left pane and click on the option Allow an app through Windows Firewall
4. After that, click on Allow Another App
5. Then go to the location Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect folder
6. In the folder, select the file named QBIDPservice.exe
7. Right-click on it and click on the Open button
8. Hit on option Network Types then click on the box Private
9. After that, click on the Add.
What domains are required to add as the trusted Sites in Internet Explorer for fixing the error Intuit Data Protect has stopped working?
The domains are listed as follows that you have to add as trusted sites:-