When you are using QuickBooks Desktop and accessing its webmail, you face an error after entering your email password. You get this error messages on the screen, which states,
Couldn’t Connect to Email Server.
We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider.
QuickBooks not connecting to the email server is a simple problem that can be handled by the AccountingErrors QuickBooks help team’s help guide.
Follow the guidelines given below to ensure a good recovery.
When you try to send a form you face an error on the screen, which could indicate alternatively this too:
“QuickBooks could connect to the remote server but could not connect with the server response. Please try again to see if the problem has been corrected on the server. If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support.”
What is Quickbooks Couldn’t Connect To The Email Server
Unable to send the email using QuickBooks software? You have to first update your software to the latest version. Then reset the settings of webmail and check your email credentials. This way you get to resolve the QuickBooks couldn’t connect to the email server.
Error: QuickBooks couldn’t connect to the Email Server
Error Message: Couldn’t connect to an Email server. We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider.
Causes Behind the QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server
Reasons that cause QuickBooks to display QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server, that is below:
- Firstly check your internet connection because if the network connection is poor, then this error comes out.
- If you entered the wrong ID and password.
- The settings of the Email Server are incorrect.
- Check if your QuickBooks software then outdated needs to update it.
- If the setting is incorrect, then internet explorers may also hamper QuickBooks connection with the email server.
- QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server, an error occurs when you log in into your system and you don’t have admin credentials .
- Damaged or corrupt Email application
- Damage data (Record ) related to the QuickBooks.
Under IE settings to default
|Internet is not connected or the firewall is blocking the connection||You need to open Internet Explorer and access the website|
|Email server settings are not configured properly||Check if you have the correct settings configured|
|Providing the incorrect email address or password||Try Logging in through a web browser and check if the email and passwords are working fine and they are correct|
Things, You May Need to Know
- If QuickBooks not accepts your password then you have to view the QuickBooks will not accept my webmail password
- If you unable to login with a Gmail account then you required to view the QuickBooks 2016 couldn’t connect to an email server
- Unsubscribe the secure webmail, QuickBooks will appear for you to enter the webmail password for the initial user that you send an email using.
- Users face many issues while trying to connect with an email server. The errors known as the QuickBooks 2014 ‘couldn’t connect to the email server. The user has to fix this error as quickly as possible.
- QuickBooks Premier is of the most upgraded QuickBooks but as with other online accounting software, QuickBooks also encounters many issues. Sometimes, the user might find unable to connect to the email server due to many reasons. This kind of message “couldn’t connect to email server QuickBooks desktop premier” will appear on your screen.
Ways of Resolving QuickBooks could not connect the Email Server Error
Below are Simple solutions to fix the QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to server issues or network connection failure:
- Upgrade to The Latest Version
- Reset Your WebMail, Verify Setting
- Change The Internet Setting to The Default Option
- Anti-virus/Third-party software blocks the QuickBooks access
- Sure about the email credentials
- To figure out this issue, rename the network data files (.ND)
- Manage your QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Validate your QuickBooks Desktop File Hosting
Here we are talking about “how to fix error QuickBooks could not connect the Email Server”, we a explain more than one step for resolving this error :
Method 1: Upgrade to The Latest Version
Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release version:
- In the first step go to the upgrade to the latest version.
- In the next step there are two choices: first is make sure about the selected product ,and second one is ,if you want to change then visit the change link and select the QuickBooks product.
- After that download the Update file , select the Update button.
- In the last step we learn about how to set QuickBooks automatically, download the latest version and how to update, before doing the Select Automatic Update.
Method 2: Reset Your WebMail, Verify Setting
In QuickBooks, it is required to reset the webmail preference:
- In the 2nd step there are choice of user, from the QuickBooks edit menu
- Then select the send forms option on the left page menu.
- Let’s move along the next, in my preferences, choose the email account which you want to use and press the edit button.
- In the next step click edit, after that open edit email information window ,Navigate SMTP server area and reset server name.
Method 3: Change The Internet Setting to The Default Option
In QuickBooks, it is required to set Internet Explorer as a default browser by using these steps:
- Firstly, open the Internet Explorer (IE),hit the tools menu or Gear icon .
- After that choose the Internet option.
- Then, go to the Advance Setting tab and select the Restore setting option.
- In the last step choose Ok, then shut down the browser .
After following the above steps, It is clear that the error came because of some violation of the Anti Virus. In such situations, It is always better to have a consultation with an IT person or Anti Virus provider to ask for help.
After the above three listed solutions, if you are still facing the same issue again, then you can perform the following solutions according to the error message;
Error Messages & Their Solutions
Error – Internet not connected or Firewall blocking the connection.
Solution - Open internet explorer and try to connect or access the websites.
Error – Entered wrong authentication, wrong email, or password
Solution - In this case, you can login via email account through a web browser and check whether an email account and password are working or not .
Method 4: Anti-virus/Third-party software block the QuickBooks access
There are various changes that your anti-virus might be blocking your QuickBooks access. Check our Anti-virus setting to make sure that it’s not blocking the QuickBooks access and also ensure to turn off the email filtering advantages if they are available.
Method 5: Sure about the email credentials
Most of the time, this issue arises when the user enters the wrong username and password. Open and check your web browser and then log in to your email address and enter your username and password. If they don’t work then you have to reach your email provider to reset the login credentials.
Method 6: To figure out this issue, rename the network data files (.ND)
To troubleshoot QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server error rename the network data file (.nd):
- First of all, close your QuickBooks
- Then, open the file location and locate for .ND files
- Select the File and press the F2 key to rename the file
- User has to add OLD before the file name
- Agree with displayed instructions and hit the Enter key
Method 7: Manage your QuickBooks Database Server Manager
In case you want to Manage your QuickBooks Database Server Manager carry out the steps below:
- Go to your window key and click on the search bar
- Then write “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”
- The will appear on your window and then delete and then delete all pre-existing folders
- Now, you have to add the QuickBooks Company File Folder in the Database manager
- At last, scan that folder and make notes of all errors in the QuickBooks Database server manager.
Method 8: Validate your QuickBooks Desktop File Hosting
Hosting services sometimes create conflict issues between the QuickBooks server and the workstation. With these following steps, get rid of these problematic issues.
Step 1: Turn off hosting on all workstations
Steps to Turn off hosting on all workstations:
- First of all, open your QuickBooks menu and then choose the utilities
- Now, you have to choose the “Stop Hosting Multi-user access”
- Give a click on the YES confirmation
Step 2: Turn on Hosting on the server computer
Turn on Hosting on the server computer by using the below steps:
- Go to your window Key and then write the “Window Task Manager”
- Hit the Enter key and click on the “More Details” option of the Task window manager
- Open your services and click on the QBDBMgrN.exe from the list-menu
- In the last, you just need to start the service and then choose the ”Automatic Start” option
Resolving the Connection Error on your QuickBooks Desktop
Resolving the Connection Error on your QuickBooks here are several available methods to resolve this issue. Any of the solutions may solve your issue, but please follow them in order:
- Updating the QuickBooks to its latest release
- Go to the webmail preferences and check the settings
- Resetting Internet Explorer’s services to default
(Note: Please follow the process in the given manner to ensure a complete and hassle-free recovery)
Step One: Updating the QuickBooks to its latest release
Many times the problem is solved only by updating. So, it is important to update QuickBooks to the latest release with these steps:
- Access the Update to the Latest Release
- Ensure that your product is selected. If it is not selected, then click the Change link and choose your QuickBooks product.
- Click the Update It will download the update file.
- Finally, click on Setup Automatic Update and learn about how you could set QuickBooks to automatically download and install the updates on time.
Step Two: Go to the webmail preferences and check the settings
To set the webmail preference follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Edit menu of QuickBooks and choose
- Go to the left pane and select Send Form.
- Go to My Preferences and choose the email account currently in use by you and click
- Click on STMP Server Details section and fill in the server name and port to set it to your mail.
Step Three: Resetting Internet Explorer’s services to default
Set Internet Explorer as a default browser in QuickBooks by using these steps:
- Launch Internet Explorer and click the Tools Menu or gear icon.
- Go to Internet Options, click it.
- Browse to the Advanced tab and then select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Finally, click Ok, and exit the browser.
- If you are connected to the internet but the connection is being blocked by the firewall, we advise you open Internet Explorer and visit any website.
- If your email server settings are not correct then follow the steps provided in the second solution.
- If it shows that your Email address or password is incorrect, then you need to login to your account using a web browser. Verify that your email address and password combination works.
If none of the methods given above works and you suspect that the issue could be with the anti-virus you are using, then get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Team to help you resolve the issue.Apart from the methods described above, you can follow one of these solutions as well if you know the specifics of your issue:
Methods to Use When QuickBooks Can’t Email The Invoices Because of Server Connection Error
If QuickBooks Can’t Email The Invoices Because of Server Connection Error then follow the below-given list of solution steps
- Steps to check the settings for Webmail Preferences
- Resetting the Internet Explorer to the Default Settings
- Assign Windows User the Admin Rights to run QB as Administrator
Please follow the process in the given manner
Method 1: Steps to check the settings for Webmail Preferences
In QuickBooks webmail preference is required so please check your setting through the given steps:
- Double-click the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Go to the Edit tab >>> Click the Preferences option
- Now locate the Send forms option which is mostly available at the left side of the screen
- Locate My Preference option under the email account from which you are sending the emails
- Click the Edit option and after go to Edit Email Info >>> go to SMTP Server Details
- In SMTP Server Details mention the correct server name and Port Number
- Finally, save the settings and send an invoice using QuickBooks Webmail to check if the error is resolved or not.
Method Two: Resetting the Internet Explorer to the Default Settings
In QuickBooks Reset the Internet Explorer to the default setting by using these steps:
- Double-click the Internet Explorer
- Go to the Gear Icon located at right side upper corner
- After clicking on Gear Icon >>> select Internet Options and after that go to Advanced Tab
- Restore the Advanced Settings and after that click ok
- Close the Internet Explorer
- Finally try to send the email once again
Method 3: Assign Windows User the Admin Rights to run QB as Administrator
A. Steps for Windows creating admin account for Windows 10
- Click the Windows button and choose the settings option
- Settings widows will be open, after that Select Accounts option
- On the left side you can see the option “Family and Other users” click it
- After clicking “Family and other users “ you can see two options Your family and other users
- Click “Add Someone else to this PC” under the Other Users option
- Locate the option “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” after that select Add a user without Microsoft Account.
- Give a new name to the newly created Account and create the password
- Click Finish
- Now, click the new account which is just created
- Go to Accounts type and make that account as Administrator accounts
- Click ok
- Close the control panel
- Restart the computer and now your new account is ready with the administrator rights
B. Steps for Windows 7 and 8
- Press Windows +R keys together to open the Run Window
- In the run window type Control Panel and click Enter
- Go to User Accounts >>> Manage Another account and after that select Create a new account option
- Give a name for the account and select the account as Administrator
- Create the account while clicking on Create
- You are done, restart your PC
C. Steps for Windows 8.1
- Press Windows + R keys and let the Run Window open
- Now type Control Panel and press Enter
- Go to User Accounts >>>Manage Another Account >>> Add a new user in PC Settings
- To add the account click “Add an account” after that click Sign in without a Microsoft account( not recommended).
- Click the Local Account and provide the additional information related to the account such as password hint etc.
- To give this account administrator rights, click new account and select Edit
- From the given drop-down list select Administrator and click ok
- Finally, restart your computer and your new administrator account is ready
Also Find : QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices
If you are still unable to perform thorough troubleshooting of the problem, then the issue could be with the system or its settings. We advise you to get in touch with the AccountingErrors QuickBooks Tech support team of experts who can help you out in eliminating the issue. They are a third-party company that has a strong team of QuickBooks experts at their help desk.
You can give a call at their toll-free helpline number ✆ to speak to one of their QuickBooks Experts. They work 24*7 to provide you with an instant solution for your QuickBooks issue.
Why is my QuickBooks email unable to work?
QB users must be sure that your QuickBooks is not running as an administrator. After that, you have to check and verify the email preferences to make sure about the correct setting with QuickBooks. Now, you have set email preferences in internet explorer accurately. After following all guidelines, check and repair MAP132.
How would I be able to link my email with QuickBooks?
The first thing you have to do to open the QuickBooks Edit menu and then choose the preferences. After following on-screen instructions, choose to send forms and hit the click on the WebMail. From the drop-down menu, select the Add option. Enter all required information along with the email address and then click on OK to finish the process.
How to fix email issues in QuickBooks desktop?
Hit the first Right-click on the icon of QuickBooks and then choose the ‘Properties’. From the available preferences select the ‘Compatibility’ tab. If you run this program as Administrator is chosen, then unmark it. Proceed toward the next step with an OK click. Now, restart your system with an updated configuration that will fix this issue.
QuickBooks 2019 Gmail couldn’t connect to the email server
To fix the QuickBooks 2019 Gmail couldn’t connect to the email server, the user needs to perform the below guidelines step-by-step:
1. Go to the QuickBooks Edit menu and then select the “preferences” from the drop-menu list
2. Enter your next click on the “Send Forms”
3. Choose the “WebMail” option and click on the Add button
4. Select the provider and then enter all required details such as email address
5. Make sure that utilize the enhanced security checkbox is marked then hit the OK button
6. After this, sign in to your intuit account. An email address or user name might be different from the one you are using to connect the QuickBooks
7. The webmail provider’s login page will appear on your screen. then sign in and then select to grant intuit access
Couldn’t connect to email server QuickBooks 2018
Things, you need to consider before resolving the Couldn’t connect to email server QuickBooks 2018
In case, if you add the secure webmail to the company file that is necessary to set up a different password for the file
1. Hosted networks still necessary to sign in to your webmail while sending the emails
2. To resolve this error, you have to set up the secure webmail
3. Open the QuickBooks Edit menu
4. Choose the Preferences and click on the “Send Forms”
5. Then, select the WebMail and hit the Add button
6. Choose the provider from the available preferences and enter the email address
7. Click on the “Enhanced Security checkbox” and hit the OK button
8. Sign-in into your intuit account and you are all resolved with this error
QuickBooks 2015 couldn’t connect to the email server after the windows update
To set up the QuickBooks 2015 that couldn’t connect to the email server after the windows update, the user is required to go through with below-mentioned steps:
1. Check and verify the webmail servers including port settings with ISP address
2. Webmail providers need to enable their account settings for verification
3. QuickBooks provides auto-fill data for some of the most common users
Setup the webmail with the following steps:
1. Open your QuickBooks, go to the Edit menu
2. Choose the “Preferences” button
3. Click on the “Send Forms” option
4. From the available preferences, choose the webmail and click on the Add button
5. Enter all required details such as user name or email id
6. Hit the Ok button to save all new changes
With the given solution, you can also resolve the many more QuickBooks email server issues such as If you find these kinds of error messages on your screen QuickBooks couldn’t connect to the email server with avast, couldn’t connect to email server QuickBooks pro-2018, QuickBooks couldn’t connect to the email server using Gmail, and QuickBooks pro-2013 couldn’t connect to an email server then user required to check and verify the server connection.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support