Are you unable to send the most important business email?
It is found that this kind of mishap can ruin your productivity and even entail business loss. If you fail to send your invoices using the QuickBooks Desktop Webmail feature then the problem is very likely related to the incorrect webmail preferences. QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure is a very common error encountered by several QuickBooks users.
This error generally takes place due to the Settings problem. A lack of proper application setup and failure to configure correct Windows Firewall rules not only cause server connection error while sending emails but also triggers several other bugs and errors. This error can be resolved by doing the right settings as per requirements. With the help of this blog, you will be able to find the exact description of the server connection error. So stay tuned to get better insight about the same.
In your QuickBooks account, if you see an error like “QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure” then don’t worry it is all about the settings problem. This can be cured by doing the correct settings according to the requirements.
So here, in this article, you get to know why this issue is caused and how to fix it by just managing the settings.
Error messages with solutions
- You have entered an incorrect email address or password- Log in to your email account using the web browser. Then check whether the email address and password you entered are working or not.
- You are not connected to the internet or the firewall is blocking the connection- Try to open the Internet Explorer browser and then open the website in it to check the internet connection.
- Your email server settings are incorrect- You have to check and verify that your settings of webmail preferences are correctly done.
causes of QuickBooks being unable to send emails due to network connection failure?
Many various reasons for the cause of QuickBooks is the inability to send emails due to network connection failure.
Some of them are listed here:-
- Incorrect Email Server Configuration: When QuickBooks shows you the Server connection error while sending the OP to someone, the problem might be due to email server configurations are incorrect
- Installed QuickBooks is Not Upto-Date (The installer files got damaged): Sometimes when QuickBooks is not installed properly or stopped while installing in between, it can cause a problem in sending emails with QuickBooks.
- Not having Privileged Windows rights: When there is no Windows user admin important rights on QuickBooks. In this case, QuickBooks can cause errors while sending emails.
- More than one Windows running simultaneously: If there are more than one Windows that are running QuickBooks then you might encounter the QuickBooks not able to send emails.
- When you’re off-line: Sometimes due to hardware or network issues you go offline, in this case, you’re not able to send emails from QuickBooks. (Note: Make sure to check your internet connection inside your desktop or your connected device.)
- Due to Currepted or Damaged MAPI32.dll: (Mapi32. dll is considered a type of Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows NT file. It is most commonly used in Microsoft Exchange developed by Firetrust Ltd.. It uses the DLL file extension and is considered a Win32 DLL (Dynamic link library) file. Mapi32.) Sometimes it gets corrupted or damaged, look for it and fix the root cause.
Common Reasons Behind Being Unable to Send Mail in QuickBooks
The few reasons behind failing to send mail in QuickBooks are:
- You have done the email preference setup incorrectly
- The installer files for QuickBooks are damaged.
- Windows firewalls may hamper the normal running of QuickBooks functions.
- Backend maintenance of the server
- Improper settings on the internet can fuel such issues.
- .ND or .TLG file may be corrupted
- Simultaneous use of various windows of the QuickBooks database
- The QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release.
- You have entered the incorrect username or password while logging in to email account
- In the background, Outlook is already running when trying to send email from QuickBooks so it causes you the error
- The settings of Internet Explorer are not done correctly which is causing the error in your QuickBooks account while sending an email
Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure
The issue “Quickbooks unable to send emails due to network connection error can be very frustrating and hard to handle for a non-techy guy. If you go through the given below guide, you’ll fix this issue without any hurdles.
There are specific solutions according to the specific error messages displayed on your screen. Below you get the error message with their solutions. You can also go with the solution or step according to the reason that causes this problem.
Error message- Could not connect to the email server
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
To fix the problem “QB not able to send emails due to network connection failed” one must download and run QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Tool Hub as steps shown below.
- First of all download QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit or visit here.
- After downloading & completing the installation process, Run this tool with admin rights.
- With the help of multifarious features of the QBDT tool, diagnose QuickBooks for all the data and network-related issues.
- Multiple tools with various features are designed to diagnose all kinds of problems. QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, Quick fix my program and QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool)
Solution 2- You have to configure the Webmail Preferences
QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure error prompt can pop up if you are using wrong or improper webmail preferences. So all you need to configure it with the help of the below-listed steps;
- Run QuickBooks with the Admin Rights & go to the Edit menu option
- From further options displayed, click on the Preferences, Go to the left-side pane & Hit on the “Send Forms” option.
- Now, click on My Preferences, In the My Preferences
- Choose the email account you are using
- Then you have to click on the Edit option
- The Edit email information screen opens up
- In this, you have to go to the section of SMTP Server Details
- Now, set the port and server name in the settings of the email provider
- Now close the QuickBooks After that, the next step is to restart the windows and then, run Quickbooks as an admin again.
- Now, try sending a test email from your QuickBooks Software.
Solution 3- Update QuickBooks to the latest version
To avail of all the new & advanced features, users are supposed to keep their software up-to-date. Else, they won’t be able to run it for a long. Moreover, if the “QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure” error message is frequently appearing on your screen then you are recommended to update your QuickBooks software to the most recent version. Here’s how;
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software and all other programs in your system.
- Go to the QuickBooks icon
- Then right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the option Run as Administrator
- In QuickBooks, go to the Help menu option and click on it
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop from the options
- Go to the tab named Options in the update window
- You have to tick mark the option Mark All
- Then click on the Save button to save all the changes
- In the tab Update Now, click on the Reset Update checkbox
- After this, when you are ready then click on the Get Updates
- Wait for it for successful completion
- Set the updates as Automatic updates so that you won’t have to check it again and don’t want to do it manually. The steps to set it automatic updates are:-
- In QuickBooks, click on the Help menu option
- Further, click on the option Update QuickBooks Desktop
- In the Update QuickBooks window, click on the Update Now tab
- You can also click on box Reset Updates that clear all the previous update downloads
- Click on the Get Updates button to download the updates
- After completing the download of the update
- Restart your QuickBooks software
- After restart, when you get the pop-up screen
- Then in this accept to install the new update that you have downloaded before.
Solution 4- Make the Internet Explorer Setting the default
After managing Internet Explorer’s default settings, you can easily get rid of the “QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails Due to Network Connection Failure” error code. To do so, perform the steps inclined below;
- For this, open the Internet Explorer
- Click on the 3 dots on the top right side of the window
- From drop-down options, select Tools that you can also open up by pressing Alt + T keys together
- Click on the Internet Options
- Choose Advanced tab
- You have to click on the Restore Advanced Settings
- When it is done, click on the OK button and close the browser.
Solution 5: Check the Settings of Webmail
After correcting the webmail setting, you can easily fix the problem “QuickBooks is not able to send emails due to network server failed”, follow the instructions below;
- Run QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Go to the Edit menu, then Preferences.
- Choose Send Forms.
- Click My Preferences and select the email account.
- Click Edit.
- Now finally, In SMTP Server Details, enter the server name and port.
Solution 6: Clean and Install QuickBooks
If all the above methods proved futile in solving the error you are facing, clean install the program. The steps are:
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- Navigate to “Programs and Features” and click “QuickBooks”.
- Right-click on the program and then tap on the “Uninstall” option.
- Now enter the QB folder to rename it.
- Reinstall the program on your system.
- Use the product key and the license to activate the QuickBooks.
- As all the steps are done, run QB as an administrator.
- Check whether the test email you sent is successful or not.
Solution 7: Try using a different email client.
Using a different client email, follow the following steps:
- Open your preferred email client, like Gmail, Outlook, etc.
- Compose a new email.
- Enter the subject and the recipient’s email address.
- Type in the mail body.
- Attach the essential attachments and hit the “Send” tab.
Solution 8: Repair the MAPI32.dll
The MAPI32.dll file monitors email messages along with various functions in Outlook. To repair this program:
- From the “Control Panel”, tap on either “Add/Remove Program” or “Programs and Features”.
- Seek the Outlook programs from the list of installed programs.
- Tap on “Open” to enter the world of Microsoft Office setup.
- Select “Repair”.
- Reboot the system after the repair is complete.
What if the antivirus is blocking the outgoing emails what to do to fix QuickBooks is unable to send emails?
In this case, you have to change your settings permissions using the following steps:-
1. Open QuickBooks software on your system
2. Press the F2 key from the keyboard
3. After that, press the F3 key this opens up the Tech Help window
4. Click on the Open File tab
5. Then locate the QBW.ini file and select it
6. Click on Open File to open the file in the Notepad
7. In the Notepad, you have to add a new line that you can add at the button of the text
8. The line you have to add is [QBWEBMAIL]CUSTOM_CERT_ENABLE=1
9. Click on the File menu then choose the Save option to save the changes in the file
10. After saving changes, close the Notepad
11. Also, close and restart the QuickBooks software.
If I don’t know anything about Outlook then what kind of information is required to get from an email or internet provider to fix the QuickBooks is unable to send emails?
You have to get the following information from an email or internet provider:-
3. Incoming email server address
4. Outgoing email server address
5. Incoming email server type.
Is the update of QuickBooks important to fix the “QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure”?
Yes, it is important to update your QuickBooks account. As it provides you more features and also the ability to do the work properly using the features. The updates give you features that help you to fix the problem and let you do your task easier when required
Why does a server connection error occur in QuickBooks?
This kind of problem commonly occurs when there is a problem between the host server of the company files and QuickBooks. Moreover, the other causes behind such errors are firewall settings, internal problems with the company file, and network problems.
How will I erase the network error text in QuickBooks?
Remove the network error with the following steps:
1. Restart both the system and the router.
2. For a moment, disable the antivirus and the firewall.
3. Run the tool called QuickBooks File Doctor.
4. Cross-check and reconstruct the company file.
5. Verify the network permissions and the connections.
Can I check the internet connection in QB?
Check out these easy steps to check the internet in QB:
1. Go to “Help”.
2. Click on “Internet Connection Setup.”
3. Go to the settings under the section of My Computer and press “Next”.
What are the steps to build SMTP in QuickBooks?
To setup SMTP in QuickBooks:
1. Click on the “Edit” menu.
2. Click on “Preferences”, “Send Forms” and “My Preferences”.
3. Select the email account of your choice.
4. Enter the details of the SMTP server as given by your email provider.
Can I grant consent to QuickBooks to send emails?
QuickBooks can send emails by following the following steps:
1. Click on the “Edit” menu.
2. Click on “Preferences”, “Send Forms” and “My Preferences”.
3. Select the email account and enter the credentials, like the email ID and password.
4. Select the SSL settings and port given (the one from the email provider).
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support