When Does QuickBooks Error 1406 Happen?
The QuickBooks Error 1406 happens when there is an update from a firewall or any security program installed on your computer. Temporarily disabling your anti-virus or other security software can help resolve this error. If disabling the anti-virus didn’t work, let’s download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
QuickBooks is accounting software that is widely spread in mid-sized industries around the world. It has developed itself to be embedded with features that take care of all the requirements a user is looking for to simplify the accounting procedures of the company.
However, QuickBooks also incorporates certain errors which might arise due to different reasons. There are different errors in QuickBooks which prompt because of the following reasons:
- Incomplete QuickBooks Software Download
- Troubleshooting or network issues
- Company file missing
- Windows not updated with the latest version
- Improper System Activities
These reasons give rise to several errors that prevent us from using the software. These errors could be QuickBooks Error 6000, 1406, or any other.
Cause of QuickBooks Error 1406
The how-to settle mistake, 1406 in QuickBooks issue can be caused by home windows program documents damage. The adulterated framework records passages can be a real risk to the soundness of your workstation.
There may be a few events that may have prompted the system documents errors. An inadequate portion, an incomplete uninstall the wrong cancellation of utilization or PC equipment. It is additionally caused if your system is recovered from the infection or adware/spyware or a poor close down of the computer.
All the prior specified archives may bring about the cancellation of things from the Microsoft windows framework records. This harmed strategy archive will cause the missing and wrongly related points of interest and reports required for the right working of the program.
Let’s discuss how to troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 1406?
There are plenty of solutions described to fix QuickBooks error 1406. But, it’s totally up to you which one you want to go with. With the help of these solutions, your product will no longer stop or hang. So, just enjoy all the QuickBooks features without any interruption.
Method 1: Use a Clean Install Tool for System Configuration
Many QuickBooks users use the Clean install tool for the system configuration. This is the best way to eradicate QuickBooks error 1406. To do so, follow the instructions given below;
- To open the Run command, you have to hold Ctrl + R on your keyboard.
- Now, write MSConfig and then hit the OK tab.
- The next step is to click on the General tab and choose Selective Startup.
- Then you need to select Load system services and Load startup items.
- After that, tap on the Services icon.
- Choose the option Hide all Microsoft Services and then select Disable all.
- You have to give a click to clear the “Hide all Microsoft Services” check box.
- Furthermore, verify the list of services and make sure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected. If it is not, tap on select and press OK.
- From the System Configuration window, select Restart to restart your system.
- Finally, you are now able to install, uninstall or reinstall using a clean install tool once your system has restarted.
Perform the below-listed steps to restore the system to its normal configuration
- To begin with press and hold Ctrl + R to access the Run Command.
- You need to type Msconfig and then click OK.
- Now, navigate to the General tab and select Normal Startup.
- Then, hit the Ok tab once again.
- In the end, choose to Restart from the System Configuration window.
Method 2: Turn off your Antivirus or Security Software
QuickBooks error 1406 can be fixed if you turn off your antivirus or security software. It may also hinder your workflow. So, you need to follow the steps inclined below;
- The latest updates of antivirus or security software may give rise to QuickBooks error 1406.
- You need to make sure that you have switched off the security software.
Method 3: Verify your Windows Registry
Before repairing QuickBooks error 1406, you all have to verify your windows registry with the help of the below-listed steps;
- First of all, ensure that the system and Administrator have complete control access.
- You are required to access the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaSTOR registry key.
- Then, verify that all keys are set to the Administrators group.
Method 4: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool helps you to avoid QuickBooks installation error 1406. However, ensure that this tool is used in a proper manner. Let’s see how;
- In the beginning, you would have to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.exe file from the Official website of Intuit.
- After this, save the downloaded file to your desktop.
- Now, you need to operate the tool to get rid of QuickBooks error code 1406.
- Then, wait until the procedure gets finished.
- Once it’s done, restart your system to check if the QB error 1406 is resolved or not.
Method 5: Change Permissions for QuickBooks File or Folders
In order to overcome QuickBooks error 1406, you all need to change permissions for QuickBooks File or Folders. Check out the following steps to get better clarification.
- With the help of the Administrator User Account, you need to log on to the computer.
- Now, browse Microsoft Windows Explorer and then choose Folder and search options on the Organize menu.
- Press the View tab.
- Under hidden files and folders, tap on Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- You have to hit a click to clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.
- Tap to clear the Hide protected operating system file check box and then hit the OK tab.
- On the warning dialog box, press Yes and open the following folder: C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Office\Data\
- If you are running Office 2007, make a right-click on Opa12.dat
- In case you are running Office 2003, right-click Data.dat, and then select Properties.
- Hit the Security tab and click Advanced.
- Select the Permissions tab and in the Permission entries list, click to select Everyone and then press Edit.
- Give a click to select the Full Control Checkbox.
- Lastly, you have to press OK four times.
Method 6: Log in to the Workstation using Admin Credentials
If you don’t have login credentials or you’re not an admin then you are unable to repair QuickBooks error 1406.
- Navigate to the Start option and select Programs.
- Next, you need to choose System Tools.
- After this, tap on System Restore.
- Then, you have to restore the system with previous settings and click Next.
- Select the recent system restore point and again press Next.
- Now, you are required to hit Next on the Confirmation tab.
- At last, restart the workstation once the system is restored.
Method 7: Check for Windows Updates
It is mandatory to verify whether you have the latest windows updates available in your system or not. This will help you to deal with QuickBooks error 1406.
- Being a regular QuickBooks user, you must verify the updates of your operating system. For example; .NET Framework, MSXML, C++.
- You need to update the windows if it’s outdated/obsolete.
- The users are required to reboot their operating system in case the users have already revised their computer with new updates.
Method 8: Go for the Repair Registry Damage Solution
If the Registry is damaged or corrupted then you can’t get rid of QuickBooks error 1406. So, it is recommended to try repairing Registry Damage by following these actions;
- For Registry Repair, It is suggested that your Administrator and System groups are allowed to control QuickBooks users.
- All the access must be permitted so that you can see how it precisely works.
- You need to confirm that the owner of the registry and the entire repository of permissions are granted.
How to Reach Us?
It is difficult to tackle all the problems associated with the software because of its vastness of the software. There are so many features and options available in the software which would interrupt you if you’re not well versed with the software. They will guide you and fix all the concerns which are affecting you while working on the software. We are available 24*7 at your service.
Infographics to Fix Error 1406 in QuickBooks
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support