If there are registry issues on your Windows computer or if QuickBooks installation is being interrupted by a background process, you may see error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for the first time or when updating your version regularly. If you have already encountered this error, this article will tell you in detail and step-by-step troubleshooting process. To avoid receiving installation errors like QuickBooks error 1712 in the future, you will also discover what additional causes the QuickBooks installer to display on the user’s screen.
What will happen when you get QuickBooks Error 1712?
A common installation error that arises during the QuickBooks Desktop installation process on Windows computers is error 1712. When a user runs across this kind of installation error, the installation process ends abruptly and displays the error message “We are sorry! There was a problem with your installation.” Error 1712. It appears that one or more of the files needed to return your computer to its initial configuration are missing. It will not be possible to restore. You will also receive a Troubleshoot Error link with this error notice, which the user can click to get troubleshooting information.
QuickBooks Error 1712 message: We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
What will cause QuickBooks to Encounter Error 1712?
Below is the list of reasons that will cause Error 1712 in QuickBooks is mentioned below:
- The computer is currently running a different version of QuickBooks, which is preventing any other versions from installing.
- Windows has registry errors.
- You are not authorized to make changes to the installation using the account you are using to log in to Windows.
- The latest updates are not installed on Windows.
The problem usually goes away when you restart Windows and use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to make a clean installation. If you have already attempted these solutions, though, try the troubleshooting methods below.
What are the steps to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 1712?
Step 1: Create a new Windows user with Administrator Rights
Creating new user
- Firstly, you have to open the Windows Start menu.
- Then you have to select All Programs. Then you have to open Windows Small Business Server and then you have to select Windows SBS Console.
- Now you have to select Users and Groups. Then you have to select the Add a new user account tab.
- Then you have to fill out the user info, then you have to follow the Add a New User account wizard.
- You have to give the new user administrator rights.
- Lastly, select Finish when you are done.
Give admin access to QuickBooks programs
- Begin by closing QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then you have to open the Windows Start menu.
- After opening the Control Panel, you have to choose User Accounts.
- Locate the QBDataServiceUserXX in QuickBooks Desktop according to your version. For QuickBooks Desktop 2020, QBDataServiceUser30 should be found. See QBDataServiceUser29 for the 2019 version. With every version, the number decreases.
- Choose Change account type, followed by Administrator. Next, you have to choose Change Account Type.
- Click on Apply to keep your modifications.
- For every version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager you use, follow these instructions again.
Step 2: Install Latest Windows Updates
For Windows 10
- You have to press the Windows key and then type Settings.
- Then you have to click Settings, then you have to select Update and Security, and then you have to select Windows Update.
- Now you have to click Check for Updates.
- After choosing Restart Now, the computer will restart and begin installing the updates.
For Windows 8
- Point the mouse cursor to the desktop’s right corner and then select Settings.
- Choose the Update and Recovery option after clicking on Change PC settings.
- Then you have to select Windows Update and then you have to click Check Now.
- You have to tap View Details, if you see any updates are available.
- Select KB 2919355 from the list of update files and then you have to hit Install.
- After the installation is finished, restart the computer and enter the Windows administrator password if requested.
For Windows 7
- On your desktop, click the Start button, then choose Control Panel.
- Select Windows Update by clicking on System and Security.
- Click Check for updates now, and then select Update Now if any are available.
- Restart your computer after Windows has installed the updates successfully.
Step 3: Use the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter to fix Windows Registry errors
- Download Microsoft’s Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- Double-click the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta file after opening the downloads on your PC.
- On the program window, tap the Advanced link.
- After selecting the Apply repairs automatically checkbox, press the Next button.
- From the list of apps, you have to choose QuickBooks by clicking Installing.
- To finish the repair procedure, click Next and then adhere to the on-screen directions.
- Try reinstalling QuickBooks after the repair is finished, and if the issue still occurs, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Step 4: Run Quick Fix My Program Utility
- Quick Fix My Program is a tool that is integrated with QuickBooks Tool Hub is called My Program, and it helps to fix typical installation problems.
- Firstly, you have to download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, from the downloads you have to run the setup file.
- You have to agree to the License agreement and then you have to click Yes.
- In the Installation Wizard window, click Next and choose where to install the application.
- Then you have to click Finish and now open the application using the Desktop icon.
- Now you have to go to the Program Problems section and then you have to click Quick Fix My Program.
- Check to see whether the issue has been fixed by trying to install QuickBooks Desktop again.
Try installing QuickBooks again when the Windows Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter has finished fixing the installer. If QuickBooks Error 1712 appears, you may need to get assistance from an IT specialist. Since installers are intricate programs, even the smallest Windows bug or absent component might cause problems. You can call the help desk team as the help desk team is available round the clock.
How do I install Windows updates for Windows 7 to overcome QuickBooks install error 1712?
Select Control Panel from the Start menu on your desktop. Select Windows Update from System and Security. Now, go to Check for Updates and, if any are available, press Update Now. Restart your computer after Windows has finished installing the updates.
How would I run QuickBooks Diagnostic tool to fix the QuickBooks Error 1712 automatically?
From the QuickBooks tool hub, download the latest version of the QuickBooks diagnostic tool. When the downloading is completed, then Run the Quick Fix my program and choose the program problem. Within a while, it will automatically locate and correct the error.
Why am I getting QuickBooks Error code 1712 while installing the latest version?
QuickBooks error 1712 arises when a user tries to install the QuickBooks version in an encrypted corrupted folder or due to an incorrect window registry. Overlapping the installation of the latest QuickBooks version without installing the previous version is also the major reason behind the error.
How can I fix the QuickBooks error 1712 Quickly?
Press the Ctrl + Delete key simultaneously and then choose processes. Then, you have to choose the End processes in the task manager. The final step is to reboot the system and you are all resolved with this error.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support