About QuickBooks Error 502
|The 502 Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status code that means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server.
|When the QuickBooks application cache memory space is full, When the Browser cache memory space is full,
|Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
|It happens when a user is trying to login into the QuickBooks online or Desktop application., QuickBooks error 502 comes out, either downloaded or viewed the forums in the browser.
|Enable Active Scripting in the Internet Explorer, Add the Intuit official website as trusted Website in the Browser Settings.
QuickBooks Error 502 is typically a Bad Gateway issue and is the most common browser error experienced by the users. This error not only corrupts the QuickBooks process but also other running web applications on your browsers such as Google Chrome & Firefox.
Users can encounter the QuickBooks Error 502 in the following operations
The following are operations where you may encounter 502 Bad Gateway error messages in QuickBooks:
- When running Payroll
- When trying to log into online app
- When updating QuickBooks app
- When downloading and viewing forms in browser
Causes Behind The QuickBooks Error 502 to Occur?
There are many reasons why QuickBooks Error 502 occurs. Some reasons are below:
- When the Browser cache memory space is full
- When the QuickBooks application cache memory space is full
- When the official website of Intuit is not added as trusted site in your browser
- When the Active Scripting has been turned off in browser settings
The Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 502
Here are the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 502 Bad Gateway. Let’s examine the signs one by one:
- It happens when a user is trying to login into the QuickBooks online or Desktop application.
- QuickBooks error 502 comes out, either downloaded or viewed the forums in the browser.
- And also at the time of updating the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
Ways of Resolving QuickBooks Error 502?
The QuickBooks Error 502 can easily be resolved or removed by simply clearing out its cache memory. However, sometimes you will be required to apply different troubleshooting steps to fix the error.
The troubleshooting solutions described below can help you with the error resolution if followed with utmost care and attention:
- Clear Cache from QuickBooks Online Desktop App
- Add the Intuit official website as trusted Website in the Browser Settings
- Enable Active Scripting in the Internet Explorer
- Clear cache & cookies of the browser
Follow the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the error. You can assistance from experts by contacting the professionals at the AccountingErrors QuickBooks experts team-Available 24/7.
1. Method One: Clear Cache from QuickBooks Online Desktop App
If the QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway error persists, clear the cache of your QuickBooks desktop application by following the steps below:
- If you are running QuickBooks Online On a Desktop. Open to the application and click on the Help tab then select the Reset App Data.
- Next, start the application again and confirm the error is fixed.
2. Method Two: Add the Intuit official website as trusted Website in the Browser Settings
For Internet Explorer:
Below are the steps for Internet Explorer:
- Open to Tools and select the Internet Options.
- Click on the Trusted Sites under Security tab.
- Click on Sites and enter “.intuit.com” and ensure to remove the check mark on “Require server verification…in this zone” check-box.
- Click on Add and then click on Close > OK.
For Safari on Mac:
Below are the steps for Safari on Mac:
- Open to Safari browser and enter “intuit.com” in address bar then hit Enter.
- Next, click on Bookmarks and choose Add Bookmark option.
- From “Add this Page to” drop-down list choose Top Sites then click on Add.
- Confirm the error is resolved
3. Method Three: Enable Active Scripting in the Internet Explorer
To check the settings of the Active Scripting option in the case of Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:
- Open to Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu and click on the Internet Options.
- Next, click on the Internet icon below the Security tab.
- Choose Custom Level then click on ENABLE for the Active Scripting.
- Click on OK.
4. Method Four: Clear cache & cookies of the browser
For Google chrome:
Below are the steps for Google Chrome:
- Firstly open chrome and then click the three dots at the top of the right corner .
- After that More tools then select clear browsing data.
- Confirm that All time data is selected from the Time range drop down list.
- Then check mark Browsing history ,cookies and other site data, and cached images and files boxes.
- Hit the clear data button.
For the Firefox:
Below are the steps for Firefox:
- First of all click the three bars at the top right then select the options
- Then click the Privacy and security tab and check mark cookies and site data, cached web content boxes.
- Finally, Hit the clear.
For the IE:
Below are the steps for the IE:
- Firstly open the IE then select option from the top after that select the options.
- General tab>Click delete.
- Then check mark Temporary internet files & cookies check boxes.
- Hit delete
The above resolution should help you resolve QuickBooks Error 502. In case the above steps don’t help you in resolving your error, then you should contact AccountingErrors Support Team and allow the professionals to help you. The professionals are available at CALL NOW. You can choose to detail your issue and share or via Live Chat Support QuickBooks.
See Also: QuickBooks Error 500
See Also: Quickbooks Backup Error 2108
Read More: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15243?
Can I also uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software to fix error code 502?
Yes, you can uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks software to fix this error. But make sure that you do both the processes completely without any interruptions and then check for the issues.
What is the procedure to manually download the latest transactions while facing QuickBooks error 502?
1. In QuickBooks, go to the Banking menu
2. Then further select the Accounts to be updated
3. Click on the Update button.
What is the time range list in clearing cache while fixing QuickBooks error 502?
The time range is the time period (from-to) of which you want to delete or clear the cache. By choosing the time range you can clear cache from that time period only. Instead of time range if you select all the time then all the cache is going to be clear when you click on the clear cache button. This is done while resolving the QuickBooks error 502.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support