About QuickBooks Error 505
|QuickBooks error 505 usually occurs when users attempt to open a company file absent on the system.
|Incorrect or damaged .ND file, You don’t have a permission to open the file over the network., Windows firewall blocking the communication between QuickBooks & Company files.
|Windows 10, and Windows 11
|QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon
|Verify Hosting Process, Verify Services are running properly.
QuickBooks error 505 usually occurs when users attempt to open a company file absent on the system. Get complete insights into the troubleshooting reference of QuickBooks error 505
Causes behind the QuickBooks Error 505
These are the reasons that can also trigger QuickBooks Error 505 when you try to open or access a company file:
- Incorrect or damaged .ND file, You don’t have permission to open the file over the network.
- If the QuickBooks services like – QUICKBOOKSDBXX /QBFX are not working.
- Windows firewall blocking the communication between QuickBooks & Company files
- Unacceptable configuration of hosting.
- Wrong DNS setting.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 505
The QuickBooks Error 505 code usually occurs when users attempt to access a company file outside their computer or try to access a file on their computer using an incorrect configuration. This error means that something is blocking the users’ connection to the server.
In the following lines, we will show you the steps to fix this issue:
- Verify Hosting Process
- Verify Services are running properly
Ways of Resolving Quickbooks Error Code 505
1. Solution One: Verify the Hosting Process
Verify the hosting process using the steps below:
- Locate the QuickBooks icon and double-click on it. Next, open File and select the Utilities tab.
- Now, go through the list. If you see the Host Multi-User Access option on the list, it means that this computer isn’t hosting company files and you are secure to shift on to the next computer. Also, keep in mind not to perform any change when you see this option.
- Go to File and select Utilities from the list. Next, locate the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.” option and click on it. This will stop the computer from running as the host computer.
- You need to perform the same steps on all other computers, leaving only the real host computer.
2. Solution Two: Verify Services are running properly
To stop the error message from appearing on your screen, you can follow the solutions listed below:
- If you are running an older version of Windows (older than Windows 10), the simplest way to access the running services on the PC is to click on the Start button find the Run dialog box, and click on it.
- Next, type in “services. msc” and click OK. This will open the list of services.
- For Windows 10 users, simply press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together. This will bring up the Task Manager from where you can access the running Services.
- Navigate to the Services tab from Task Manager and then select Open Services located next to the gears icon of its window.
After you open the Services successfully, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Name column and find Quickbooks DBXX from the list to sort the services list in alphabetical order.
- Next, right-click the service and select Properties.
- Navigate to Startup type and then set it on Automatic mode. Ensure the service status is Started or Running.
- In case the status appears as Stopped, click the Start button in the Properties window.
- Now, click on the RECOVERY tab find the First failure alternative, and select the Restart option. This option enables the service to restart automatically in case the process fails. Perform the same step even for the Second Failure and other Subsequent failures.
This should restart the service and you won’t be facing the same issue in the future.
Click Here: QuickBooks Crashes When Closing Company File
Is QuickBooks error 505 due to damage .ND configuration file?
Yes, the damage .ND file might be the reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 505 messages. The.ND configuration file permits QuickBooks to access the company file across the network. If this file is found broken or wrong, then it might become a barrier for your QuickBooks to access the file.
What are the primary reasons behind QuickBooks Error 505?
💠 Accessing files from the wrong location or system does not contain the required company file.
💠 The system needs additional configuration.
💠 Wrong firewall settings
💠 Incorrect DNS settings
💠 Could not receive the IP address of the Host system
How can I enable Network Discovery while configuring firewall settings?
💠 Open the Control Panel.
💠 Locate System and Security
💠 Hit on Windows Firewall
💠 Choose the Permit Associate feature appearing on the Windows Firewall Window.
💠 Hit on the Modification button
💠 Click on Network Discovery and choose the OK option.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support