QuickBooks helps small and medium-scale businesses to handle their accounts department without a lot of manpower. The services it provides make it one of the most utilized accounting software. However, at times you face a lot of trouble when some error hits it.
QuickBooks Error Code 6073: When you try to open the company file, you are faced with an error stating: Error: -6073, -99001 QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6073:
There are several reasons behind this error:
- In the multi-user environment, the file is currently open on another computer in Single User Mode.
- The file is stored in a folder which is Read Only.
- Another computer with the Linux Operating Software and the file is located on the Linux server, and more than one set of login credentials are needed to access the shared folder.
- The file is open on a remote software. The host computer perceives it that the user is already logged in.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6073:
You can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6073:
- In case another workstation is accessing the file in Single User Mode
- In case Host Computer is accessing the file in Single User Mode
- There is a read-only folder and the file is located here
There are several solutions for this error, and we are going to try them one by one:
1. First Solution: In case another workstation is accessing the file in Single User Mode
If you open the company file in single-user mode on another workstation then use the below steps:
- Access each computer and shut down QuickBooks.
- Turn on the host computer and open the file on it.
- Access Multi-user Mode.
- Go to the File menu and click on Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- If the error persists, we suggest you reboot each workstation.
2. Second Solution: In case Host Computer is accessing the file in Single User Mode
Use the steps mentioned below if the company file is open in single-user mode on the host system:
- Go to the File menu and opt for Close Company.
- Open the Company file again now. (Go to the File Menu and opt for Open or Restore Company)
- Hit Open a Company File and hit Next.
- Click on the Company File that is yours.
- Now opt for Open File in Multi-user Mode and proceed to Open.
3. Third Solution: There is a read-only folder and the file is located here
If the company file Is located in a read-only network folder
- Open the Host Computer where company file is located at.
- Open the Location Folder where the Company File is saved.
- Hit right-click on the folder and opt for Properties.
- Now hit Security Tab.
- Go to the user who is having issues in login and click Edit.
- There will be a box- Allow Full Control. Check it.
- Hit Apply and then Ok.
Need Professional Help?
These simple solutions will resolve the issue permanently. However, if you still face trouble in accessing your company file, the Accounting Errors team advises you to contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They are a third-party vendor and have an excellent QuickBooks helpdesk to resolve QuickBooks-related issues on your Windows and other OS-based systems. CALL NOW to get in touch with one of the QuickBooks Experts.
What are the major causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
The major cause due to which this issue occurs is when the user tries to open the file on another system by a single user mode. If your company file is located to read on another network folder, then this error might appear on your screen. Make sure, your all files are hosted through the Linux server & then utilize any more rather than the ones set as the login credentials. Once it’s done then sign into a shared folder.
How can I fix the QuickBooks Error code 6073 if your company file is located in a read-only network folder?
The initial step is to find the location where your company file is hosted. Then, you have to browse and open the folder where the company file is saved. Hit the right-click on the folder and then choose the “Properties” option. Then, navigate to the “Security tab” option. Now, you have to the user that has an error when logging into the file. Hit the next click on the “Edit” option. After this, check the box for the “Allow” button to full control. The last step to save all new changes and click on the Apply button. Hit the OK key and you are all done with this program.
What can I do if QuickBooks error code 6073 while your system is accessed remotely?
Hit the first right-click on the “Taskbar” and then select the “Task Manager” option. Then, you have to locate the “Processes tab” option. After this, you have to check if the process is running under the user’s name. Once, you have done all these steps then restart your system and open QuickBooks to check whether the issue is resolved.