About QuickBooks Error 6073, -816
|Error Name:||Error 6073, -816||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||This error is usually caused by any of the following: The file is open on another computer in Single User mode. The file is located in a read-only network folder.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||The company file is stored in a read-only folder, Company file is stored on an external device.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frozen.||Possible Solution:||Company File is stored on an External Device, and QuickBooks is being accessed Remotely.|
QuickBooks, one of the best accounting software available in the market, is prone to errors and bugs. One of the most notorious errors of QB is QuickBooks Error -6073, -816. This error is difficult to troubleshoot and fix. For these reasons, we recommend that you get in touch with a certified QB professional who can guide you through this error. Further, these errors are related directly to the company file and can lead to loss of data.
- 1 About QuickBooks Error 6073, -816
- 2 When do QuickBooks Error -6073, -816 occur?
- 3 Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error -6073, -816
- 4 FAQ
When do QuickBooks Error -6073, -816 occur?
Below are some reasons why QuickBooks error -6073, 816 can occur:
- The aforementioned errors can occur due to the following reasons:
- The company file is stored in a read-only folder
- QuickBooks is being accessed remotely from a server or through remote connectivity software
- The company file is stored on an external device
- Files are hosted on the cloud
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error -6073, -816
Here are the fixes you should try to fix Quickbooks error -6073 -816. have a look:
- The company file is stored in a read-only folder
- QuickBooks is being accessed Remotely
- Company File is stored on an External Device
- QuickBooks is hosted on the Cloud
There are certain methods to resolve this Quickbooks Error, The methods are mentioned below. Please consider using each solution until you get resolved the problem:
1. Method One: The company file is stored in a read-only folder
QB cannot render and parse the data inside the company file when it is stored in a read-only folder.
You can easily fix this problem by following the steps given below:
- Log into your computer
- Select the parent folder of the company file.
- Right Click on the folder
- Select Properties
- Remove the check mark against Read-Only.
- Click on Apply and hit Ok.
- Now, QB will be able to parse and read the data. If this doesn’t help then proceed with the following solutions.
2. Method Two: QuickBooks is being accessed Remotely
In this case, the error is caused due to the conflicting status of different QB processes.
You can resolve the error by following the steps given below:
- Open task manager by pressing Ctrl+ Alt+ Del
- Select the Processes tab
- Right Click on any QuickBooks Process
- Click on End Process Tree
- Run QuickBooks again
3. Method Three: The company File is stored on an External Device
You need to get full access to the data inside the external device. For this, you can either contact your administrator or get in touch with a certified QuickBooks professional.
Another reason for the occurrence of this error can be the user mode. In case the user modes aren’t synced properly across your organization, QB will throw QuickBooks error -6073, -816. You can use the communication tool for gaining back access to the whole software. After this, switch mode to a single user and try accessing the data.
4. Method Four: QuickBooks is hosted on the Cloud
Contact your cloud hosting provider and provide them with the details of this error.
Need Professional Help?
Make sure to backup all your data, if it is stored on a local drive. In case you cannot reach Intuit, you can get in touch with our in-house certified QB experts. To know more, feel free to contact us, CALL NOW.
See Also – QuickBooks Form 941 Error
What does QuickBooks Error 6073, 816 define?
QuickBooks Error 6013, 816 is one of the most issues which occurs while trying to open the company file more than once and being unable to open it. It shows you that your company file might be opened by another user until you resolve it, it will continuously appear on your screen.
Why did I receive the QuickBooks Error 6073, 816?
QuickBooks can’t begin the company file. Some other users may have been using this company file. You should urge another client to identify with the multi-user plan. In this interaction, both the users can deal with QuickBooks company files without experiencing any trouble. You can set up the company file in the system-based Read-Only folder. In any case, if you don’t comprehend where to know the location of the company file, you can approach the System Controller to help you to find that company file.
What is the best way to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6073, 816?
The best way to fix this error is to system files and transaction log files identified as hidden records. To do this, click on the “My Computer” option and then choose the Tools menu. After this, click on the Folder option and all will appear on your screen. Then, you can easily locate the hidden folder and files. Click on the Ok and then close the My Computer tab. Then, you have to open the File folder to view the web data and log files of transactions. Hit the right-click on the online data and then open the Properties. Now, you have to remove the hidden selection and click on Ok to end this process.