QuickBooks software is quite popular across the world for providing top-notch accounting services. However, it is also quite susceptible to get errors related to software malfunctioning and company file issues. QuickBooks error code C=51 shows that the QuickBooks software is not able to find the TxList.
This error could be viewed when the user tries to remove the txList from the list of txLists but is not able to spot it. It may also be seen when the user decides to remove a transaction from any report. When the user views this type of issue, the user needs to shut down this application. Closing all windows including QuickBooks and then reboot it again. The user will also have to repeat the procedure in which the C=51 error happened.
Causes of the QuickBooks error C=51
Well, knowing the causes of the error can help deal with the same. Thus, review out some of the various common causes of the QuickBooks error code C=51.
- The very first cause can be any kind of damage to the media, such as backups created on the bad floppy disks.
- Another cause can be the issues with the QuickBooks verification.
- This kind of error can be caused due to a corrupted file.
- Also, an error such as QuickBooks rebuilds error and upgrading error may also lead to QuickBooks Error C=51.
- If your QuickBooks database server is damaged or corrupted, then you might face this error.
In order to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code C=51, it is advised to follow the tips written below:
- Completely close .QBW file and reports of the software.
- When the QuickBooks error code C=51 occurs shut down the application along with any and all windows opened in the software.
- Now restart the software and if the problem still persists then move to resolutions listed below in completely the same pattern.
Resolutions for QuickBooks Error Code C=51
To resolve this issue of C=51, the user can try the following listed resolutions. However, before proceeding with them they should keep certain things in mind. These tips are:
- Damaged Data file of QuickBooks with an extension of .QBW
- Files with extension .tlg (transaction log) are stored in the same folder as the corrupt .QBW file resulting in damage to the transaction log file as well.
- Backup of the older version data file of QuickBooks with extensions – .QBM, .QBB and .QBW
If the QuickBooks Error Code C=51 is still not resolved, try the methods written below in the same pattern as they are shown:
Repair your Data Files
- To resolve QuickBooks Error Code c=51 the very important step is to repair your data file in the same versions of QuickBooks.
- You do not require to upgrade your version of QuickBooks to use the repaired data file.
Reboot the QuickBooks Software
- In this particular method, the user needs to close all tabs in QuickBooks
- Then, the user is supposed to shut down all the QuickBooks related files using the task manager
- Also, reopen the QuickBooks and then carry out the same work where the error occurred
- Lastly, the user needs to rebuild the data in a proper format
Use QuickBooks Latest Version
- To resolve the error you need to update your QuickBooks to the latest release or use the same or latest version when a user tries to restore all backup files.
- In this way, a user will easily restore the backup files to the latest version in QuickBooks.
Restore the Backup
- Restore the backup files.
- After restoring the QuickBooks files, the user is required to press Ctrl+ C keys, followed by moving them to a new folder.
- Now right-click the file and select Properties.
- In case the backup file is less than 6MB, then it should be noted that the backup file is incorrect.
- And in such cases, the user is required to make a backup file once again.
The above four resolutions should help to fix the QuickBooks Error Code C=51. However, if the issue persists it is better to connect with the QuickBooks specialists housed by Intuit. If you are unable to connect with them due to a long queue, then you can try alternative support agencies.