QuickBooks Error H101 is a technical interruption that generally takes place when users try to access the business enterprise folder or files that are located on another system. So to access that particular file requires an extra configuration and in case if it does not match then expectedly the error may happen.
However, QuickBooks is the widely used software that effectively enables the user to keep a track of all transactions effortlessly. But sometimes, the error might occur because of some technical issues which can be easily resolved. Just check out the effective solutions for this error along with some expected reasons before going forward.
Possible causes associated with QuickBooks Error H101
The subsequent mentioned is the best possible reason that may be one of them for the occurrence of the error. This results in a message that starts appearing on the screen. Just look; it might one of the reasons for your error. These are as follows:
- Firewall settings may be blocked so tha0t you can’t access the desired file
- Improper DNS settings
- Host settings may not set up properly
- Fails issue behind Server Manager database which is located to IP address
- You may not yet start QuickBooks services
- Incorrect setup of .ND files that actually not allow QuickBooks to approach Company file in a particular network
- Incorrect installation can also be one of the cause
- Damaged or corrupted file configuration.
Resolutions Steps of QuickBooks Error H101
There are multiple solutions available for this error but these are the recommended troubleshooting solutions that you can follow and fix your issue effortlessly.
Step 1: Verify QuickBooks Services
Verify QuickBooks Services
- Initially, open Run Box by pressing altogether Windows Key + R button on your keyboard
- Type Services .MSc on the same and hit Enter
- Browse and scroll down to look for QuickBooks DBXX service in the service window
- Check for the startup type and service status is running or not
- If not then make sure that runs
- Hit the Recovery tab on the same
- Select the drop-down menu
- So that you can select to restart the service for the first failure
- If it fails to restart then it is required to do for the second time failure and also for the subsequent failures
- Click Ok to save the setting for change
- Once again, you have to repeat the entire above steps for the QBCF monitor service
- In the end, open QuickBooks once again on all workstations also try in multi-user mode.
Step 2: Verify Hosting
- Open QuickBooks software on every system in your workstation
- Then go to File and select Utilities
- Access to multi-user host on every system
- In case, if it is already there then no need to do any changes to that
- Then select the Stop Hosting tab for Multi-user Access
- At last, just repeat the entire aforementioned procedures on all systems.
Step 3: Build a New Folder For Your Company File
Build a New Folder For Your Company File
- Build a new folder and share it on the hosting computer.
- Set windows to get the entry for sharing company files.
- You have to copy the “.qbw file” to the new folder.
- At last, open company files in multi-user mode.
Step 4: Running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QB File Doctor tool helps in detecting the error itself. Also, it successfully troubleshoots QuickBooks’ errors. You can download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your computer and once it is installed, you can run the application. This way the tool will complete the purpose of fixing error code H101.
In this article, we’ve discussed what is QB error H101, the reasons behind the error, and how to fix QuickBooks error H101. We’ve mentioned the four solutions in easy steps that every user can understand without any issue.
But, if you are still suffering errors while using the QuickBooks software then we suggest you have advice from an expert. You can take assistance from our team of QuickBooks Proadvisors for instant solutions.