QuickBooks is indeed the best accounting software currently. It helps to take care of the financial aspects of the business irrespective of the size of the business. From employee payroll to tracking expenses, the accounting portal can manage it all. It is an effective way to organize all types of financial transactions. However, facing errors is also common in any portal. Nevertheless, the major concern is when QuickBooks does not work or stops responding. Sometimes, the user gets abruptly interrupted by the pop-up message that QB is not opening. Here, you will come across all the possible reasons for the issues and the remedy to resolve them.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Is Not Working
There can be many reasons why your QuickBooks has stopped working:
- Damaged hard drive.
- Corrupted or Damaged Window System.
- If the QuickBooks is not downloaded or installed properly.
- Improper functioning of QuickBooks.
- Corrupted programming file.
- In case the system does not consist of the QBWUSER extension.
- The size of the file exceeds the mentioned size.
- Malware attacks have already occupied a large portion of the system.
- The installation of any estranged internet security or firewall is intervening in the function of QuickBooks.
Signs of QuickBooks Error
Errors can be due to many reasons. However, it is important to be aware of the types to have a quick remedy. As you scroll down, you will find all the signs that stop QuickBooks from opening. In other words, here you will get to know about the symptoms of QuickBooks not opening reasons.
- The keyboard and the mouse begin lacking while the QuickBooks window is open.
- The portal stops before the dashboard loads. As a result, an error message pops up.
- The other window applications also freeze and start lacking while using.
- As soon as you open the portal, it freezes and does not respond.
- QuickBooks force stops and does not open at once. In this case, you cannot find any warning or error message on the screen.
Fixing QuickBooks Not Working Error
This type of error is unpredictable. Thus, sometimes with just a few steps you can solve the error but sometimes you cannot. Given below are the different conditions and the resolution to get rid of the QuickBooks not working problem.
Repairing The Damaged Portions of The Hard Disk
The bad sectors of any hard disk can interrupt QuickBooks’ normal function or any Windows run application. Check out the following steps to detect and fix the bad sectors:
- Press Windows+E to open the Windows File Manager.
- Right, Click on the C drive.
- Go to the “Properties” and navigate the “Tools”
- Tap on “Check Now.”
- Tick the checkboxes against the “Scan For Attempt And Recovery Of Bad Sectors” and “Automatically Fix File System Errors”.
- Press on the “Start” tab. The Windows will now scan to begin the repairing procedure.
Run and Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Go to the folder and run the installer file of Tool Hub.
- Double-click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and now begin the installation.
- Tick the boxes of the terms and conditions and other prompts to complete installation.
- Prior to running the diagnostic tool, close all the open applications on Windows.
- Once you install the Tool Hub, double-click on the icon to run the program.
- Tap on the Program Installation Issues button and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The time of repair depends on the damage. Still, it will take a maximum of 25 minutes to repair the error showing parts.
- As the tool fixes the error, restart Windows. Reopen the QuickBooks. If the portal is still not responding you can try the other resolutions.
- If the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is not running, install QB Tool Hub. After installation, continue with the Diagnostic Tool located in the Installation Issues tab.
Modify the File Name
QBWUSER.INI is a file in QuickBooks that preserves the product registration information. If the product is damaged, you will certainly face issues while operating QuickBooks. Fix the file with the steps given below:
- Go to the “Windows File Manager” and navigate the Users> Users Name> Appdata> Local > Intuit> QuickBooks and then locate the QBWUSER.INI file.
- If you cannot find the file, click on the “Organize” tab.
- Click on “Folder And Search Options” under the “Organize” section.
- From the “View” menu, check the “Folder”, “Show Hidden Files” or “Drives” boxes.
- Click on “Apply” and tap “OK”.
- Right-click on the file and choose “Rename”.
- Add .OLD with the extension QBWUSER.INI so that the file name looks like QBWUSER.INI.OLD.
- Open the portal to check whether it is working or not.
Reinstallation of the Windows Operating System
Back up all the files to reinstall Windows as this process erases all files data including QuickBooks from the system. Seek assistance from the expert available near you to complete the process. You can also use QuickBooks Instant Tool for cleaning up the software.
Things to Remember While Resolving QuickBooks Not Working Error
- You should use the upgraded QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Turn off the antivirus of the system before you start QuickBooks. If the error is gone, exclude QuickBooks from the antivirus list.
- Try to Reinstall the QuickBooks using the cleaning tool.
- As you login to Windows, make sure you have the administrative rights.
- The filename of the company must be less than 35 characters along with spaces.
QuickBooks BEX Error is an error with a BEX problem. When you receive a message with Windows can solve the problem online, click to view the details and to check whether it is a BEX error.
These detailed troubleshooting details will help your QuickBooks to resume normal function. However, if the problem still persists, it means that you need advanced troubleshooting details. Contact customer support or you can seek help from the IT administrator.
Can I resolve the QuickBooks errors on my own?
Yes, you can resolve the errors. But first, you have to understand the symptoms and detect the error. Each error has a different troubleshooting approach. You can also take the help of an IT expert for severe cases.
Why am I facing a QuickBooks error?
An error in QuickBooks can be due to various possible causes. Sometime, malware attacks can occupy a majority portion of the system preventing the software from running. For other possible details, you can scroll up.
What are the precautions to prevent QuickBooks errors?
The version of QuickBooks that you are using must be the updated one. You can also tick off the QuickBooks from the antivirus list. You can also use the QB cleaning tool to resolve the issue and run the portal.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support