Quickbooks stopped working while reconciling / Quickbooks becomes unresponsive while doing reconciliation / Quickbooks freezes or crashed when reconciling
The reconciliation procedure ensures that the transactions stated in the QuickBooks program match your bank and credit card data, to maintain a secure record. Certain differences may emerge if there are specific mistakes in this process. QuickBooks has the advantage of quickly reconciling bank accounts, but at times QuickBooks does not respond when reconciling accounts, posing a barrier to the application’s functionality.
After reconciliation report indicates that the company data file needs to be repaired or sometimes QuickBooks crashes. If you are unable to repair the data, you may be able to restore it from a backup. Corrupt data might cause the software to slow down and eventually crash. In this article, we’ll learn how to troubleshoot the problem of QuickBooks not responding when reconciling.
Reasons behind the “QuickBooks not responding when reconciling”
There are varieties of possible factors that could give rise to such QB issues. The jotted down are few of them:
- Because some files aren’t being cleaned up, you won’t be able to use your QuickBooks software properly or may not respond.
- Operating System that is out of date
- The tabs that operate in the background take normal data and space, which makes it difficult to open QuickBooks.
Signs and symptoms of “QuickBooks not responding when reconciling” issue
Here are some identifying measures that can help users figure out why “QuickBooks not responding when reconciling” is happening. Listed below are a few points that may be useful:
- QuickBooks Desktop goes off unexpectedly as a result of the issue, and you are unable to open the QB application despite several efforts
- QuickBooks Desktop’s operating system malfunctions
- QuickBooks becomes unresponsive and freezes
- You’ll get error messages as a result of the application failing
- While executing an action, the QuickBooks application may crash unexpectedly.
It is critical to understand that in order to avoid any issues in QuickBooks Desktop, you must first install the most recent version of QuickBooks and then retry the reconcile process.
How to fix the “QuickBooks not responding when reconciling” error?
Sometimes, QB will not crash but it will stop responding instead when trying to reconcile the accounts and there might be the chances of having any missing components. Here are a few quick and simple ways to overcome this QB error:
Way 01: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the official Intuit website
- A prompt appears on your screen, requesting that you select a location for the data to be saved
- Save the file to your computer’s desktop
- On your computer, run the QBInstall tool
- Make sure you have the latest updates for all of your QB’s components
- Save the modifications by restarting your computer.
Way 02: Clear out the system cache and temporary files
- In the very first step, select the Settings option from the Windows Start menu
- After that, press the Windows + I keys together to access the “Windows Settings” menu
- “Windows Settings” will show on your screen, after which you should select “System”
- Select “Storage” from the drop-down menu
- To see where space is being used, select any drive (local storage)
- Now select “temporary files” from the drop-down menu
- Locate and select the “Temporary Files” option
- Finally, to clear the temporary files, click the “Remove files” button.
Way 03: Make modifications in the preferences of Adobe Reader
- Select “Preferences” from the Edit tab in Adobe Reader
- Unmark the Display PDF in Browser checkbox in the Internet option from the left side panel
- Remove Adobe Reader by clicking the “Ok” button
- In QuickBooks, try running the reports again.
Way 04: Print and PDF Repair Tool
- Install and run the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool to fix any issues with Adobe Reader installation
- Run the tool, then close and reopen your QB installation
- Load the reconciliation report that was generating the problems and try printing or rerunning it
- If the problem persists, restart your computer and any other computers that may have data for your QuickBooks software
- Occasionally, a simple reboot will solve the issue.
Way 05: Reinstall the XPS Writer
- The XPS Document Writer might cause issues with your installation causing it to crash while viewing reports
- If you can access the XPS writer from outside QuickBooks, by printing a Web page and selecting the “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” from the printer list, you likely do not have an issue with the XPS writer
- If the XPS writer does not display in the drop-down menu or you receive an error, reinstall it using the installation media that accompanied your Microsoft Office software
- Reboot your computer and attempt to run the reconciliation report.
Way 06: Rename the QBWUSER.INI file
To do so, open the folder where you saved the QBWUSER.ini file in the first step and navigate to the following file path: users [Your login name] [year] AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks If you can’t see the folder, there’s a good probability that the files are hidden. Now, right-click on the QBUSER.ini file and select “Rename”, adding .old to the end of the file name. Finally, you should try to access QuickBooks Desktop again to see if the error has been repaired.
Way 07: Reconcile Screen
- While running a report, see if the reconcile screen appears on the screen
- Close the software and try running the report again if you don’t see the reconciliation screen
- Repairing your QuickBooks installation and files will address each of these issues
- If the problem persists after you’ve completed the repairs, contact QuickBooks Support for assistance from a specialist
- Depending on your subscription, the Support Team may charge a fee, however, they can assist you in resolving numerous system-specific issues.
Way 08: Use Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Prepare your machine to start in Selective Startup Mode
- Go to the start menu and select the run option
- Click “Ok” after typing MSConfig
- Go to the General tab
- Check Load system services and select “Selective Startup”
- Then select the services option
- Select “Hide all Microsoft services” from the drop-down menu
- Followed by selecting the “Disable All” option
- Hide all Microsoft services should be unchecked
- If the option for Windows installation is not selected, manually check it and click “Ok”
- Under the system configuration’s general tab, restart your system.
Step 2: Install or Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Run the QuickBooks Installer for Windows
- Check the box next to “I accept the terms of the licensing agreement” and click “Next” once again
- Your license number and product number, which you can find on your purchase receipt, must now be entered
- “Next” should be selected
- The following box will ask you if you’ll be sharing your data files via a network or if this will be your only computer
- Select the relevant choice and then click “Next”
- Now, select the area where you want the software to be installed and click “Next” once again
- To begin the procedure, simply click “Install” now
- Finally, it is done and you’re ready to begin.
We’ll wrap up this article here in the hopes that the information presented above will assist you in resolving the “QuickBooks not responding when reconciling” error. If any of the crucial components of the “QuickBooks crashes when reconciling accounts” resolution steps are neglected or not handled correctly, the user may become frustrated. If the software continues to stall, you should seek the help of some Professionals via LIVE CHAT.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support