What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106
QuickBooks Error 15106 belongs to the series error of 15XXX and it happens when there are no administrator rights or it conflicts with other software. The cause is settings of UAC are turned on or you are not logged in as an admin. Fix the error by login in as an admin, pausing the antivirus or firewall, then turning off the UAC if required.
Error: QuickBooks Error 15106
Error Message: Error 15106: Your QuickBooks isn’t able to update because the downloaded files have been corrupted.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106 states that the update program cannot be opened or that the update program is damaged. It generally occurs when you try to update the QuickBooks desktop. You’ll receive this error because the antivirus application installed on your system is blocking the network connection. But it may also occur when another user is logged into the company file. This user is generally an administrator who is making changes to the preferences in QuickBooks.
You cannot get the latest tax tables and rates until you fix QuickBooks payroll error 15106. When you’ve logged in to your system as an administrator, you can go ahead and take on the task of creating exceptions for QuickBooks so that it can connect to the internet and download updated files to install them later. User account control settings may also have to be altered if you’re getting this error. In the end, we’ll try the selective startup option so that no other program interferes during the update process.
In this post, you’ll learn how to fix QuickBooks payroll error 15106.
"If the user wants to talk to QuickBooks experts related to any error, they can call on QBPayrollHelp on toll free number . They offer round the clock support."
|Error Code:||Error 15106|
|Error Description:||Your QuickBooks isn’t able to update because the downloaded files have been corrupted.|
|Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Cause:||Spy Sweeper is present in the webroot anti-virus software, Users might not have logged in with the username|
|Symptom:||You are not capable of updating the process of payroll, It will slow down your QuickBooks.|
|Solution:||Switch User Mode To An Administrator Mode, Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)|
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll error 15106?
The error message notifies that the update program is damaged or the update program cannot open a popup on the desktop screen.
There are mainly two significant causes of QuickBooks error 15106:
- You are not logged in with an administrator mode during the update process
- Antivirus or other security software blocks the execution
- Turned on UAC settings
Other possible reasons are:
- QuickBooks does not install all of the additional components that will be required in the future to update the application and payroll.
- You may have WebRoot antivirus software installed on your machine, which recognizes the QuickBooks installer as a probable threat and prevents it from running on Windows.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106
- When a QuickBooks payroll error 15106 message comes on your computer screen
- When the update program is processed, then naturally the system restarts.
- It will slow down your QuickBooks.
- You are not capable of updating the process of payroll.
Troubleshoot Intuit QB Payroll Update Error Code 15106
Follow these Methods to fix the error:
1. Resolution One: Switch user mode to an Administrator mode
- When you log in with a user mode
- Locate QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Give a right-click on it
- After this hit on Run as administrator mode
- Enter your admin ID with a password
- Hit on OK button
- At present, you logged in with an administrator account
- Now discover the Start option
- Discover at the right corner of the screen to click on the arrow
- Hit on Switch-user
- After this write the admin credentials to switch to your admin account
2. Solutions Two: Uninstall/Pause the Antivirus program and give a new name to the folder
- Firstly open the task manager window
- Discover the processes option
- Find the anti-virus program in the system for instance Spy Sweeper.exe
- Choose End process
- If still, you are getting this problem during this task then you have to uninstall the application
- Once done now rename the folder containing the QuickBooks update. Here are the steps :
- You have to press Windows button +E altogether
- Start to locate the downloaded folder
- Give a right-click on it
- Choose Rename
- Embed .old extension at the name end
- Now start a re-update after renaming the folder
3. Solution Three: Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Initially press the Windows+R button altogether to display the run window
- Write the control panel and then hit on Ok Button
- Select User Accounts
- After this again hit on User Accounts
- Choose control settings named Change user account
- It will display a prompt
- Select Yes to proceed
- After this move the slider
- Hit on never notify if you need to disable UAC and click on OK
- Click on always notify if you want to turn on UAC
- Choose OK button
- Now set the slider and then restart the system
4. Solution Four: Start a clean QuickBooks installation in selective mode
Follow the steps:
- Firstly, collect all the necessary data for creating a backup
- Moreover, you have to keep a
- copy of the license and product key
- Now in a selective mode start your system
- Ensure that no other software blocks the execution of active windows
- You need to switch to the selective startup mode. Below mentioned are the steps:
- Open the Run Window
- Write the command MSConfig
- Once entered command then hit on OK button
- Locate the General option and then selective startup & load system service
- Afterward, discover services button and then select hide all Microsoft services
- Place a checkmark on the check box named Hide all Microsoft Services
- Hit on disable all
- Ensure that you verified Windows Installer checkbox appears in the list of services
- Once you check the Windows Installer located on the system configuration window
- Click on the Restart button
- Wait for the restart of the system
- After this un-install the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Once done now re-install the program
- Switch mode to Normal startup mode
- Now restore the settings of the system to the normal configuration. Follow the jotted instructions:
- Open Run window
- Write MSConfig in the search box
- Hit on OK button
- Choose normal startup
- After this locate the General option
- Hit on Ok button
- It will display the configuration Window
- Choose Restart
5. Solution Five: open Window Task Manager
If the user makes out that the issue arises due to the Spy Sweeper then they can open Window Task Manager by pressing (Ctrl ➜❱ Shift ➜❱ Esc) keys together. The user requires ticking on the Processes tab and looking for Spy Sweeper.exe.
Further, these steps have to be followed:
1. Step One:
In case the user detects this in the processing tab, they should uninstall or remove it by opening Remove/Add programs in the windows. Doing this might solve the error.
2. Step Two:
- Or, if the user is not able to locate the Spy Sweeper in their system, they should open drive C and go through the C:\programfiles\intuit\commonfile\ Components\QuickBooks xx. Then the user requires resetting the QuickBooks Updates after downloading the company file.
- To fix the error, the user can turn off the UAC (User Account Control) temporarily.
- Or the users can go to ‘perform clean and Selective Startup installation of QuickBooks’.
6. Solution Six: Reset the QuickBooks Updates
- To start with open your QuickBooks Desktop then go to the Help tab
- Select the Update QuickBooks within the Help menu
- Now, go to the Options tab and select “Mark All”
- Hit the Save followed by navigating the “Update Now” tab
- Next, you have to put a check-mark on the checkbox named “Reset Update Now”
- If you are still facing the same issue while updating your payroll then it is suggested to move to the next solution.
7. Solution Seven: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- First, press the Windows + R keys from your keyboard
- Next, you have to type the “appwiz.cpl” followed by pressing the Enter key
- Under the Uninstall or Change a Program window, scroll down and double-click QuickBooks from the list of installed programs
- Click Next after selecting Change/Remove
- Make sure the Repair option is selected before moving on to the next step
- To fix your QuickBooks installation and get rid of QuickBooks Error 15106, click Repair
- If the error notice File in Use appears, select Ignore and continue with the Repair
- Restart your computer and open the QuickBooks application once the repair is complete
- When the QuickBooks has recently been downloaded an update box appears, select Install Now.
8. Solution Eight: Remove the WebRoot Spyware Sweeper
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu on your Windows desktop
- Select Add/Remove Programs from the drop-down menu
- Uninstall/Remove WebRoot by double-clicking it in the list
- Click Next after selecting Uninstall
- To completely delete the application from Windows, follow the on-screen instructions
- Restart your computer and attempt again to install QB updates
- If the error was resolved by uninstalling WebRoot, you can reinstall it after the update. To avoid encountering QuickBooks error 15106 in the future, add QuickBooks and its related services like qbupdate.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, and QBW32.exe to the program’s exclusion list.
9. Solution Nine: Try renaming the QuickBooks Update Folder after disabling the Antivirus software
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys altogether from your keyboard to open the Windows Task Manager
- Do a right-click on the Antivirus service, for example: Avast >> avast.exe, Norton >> norton.exe
- Now, select the option “End Task” and then press the “Yes” button on the confirmation prompt
- After that, go to the Windows File Explorer and navigate the QuickBooks installation folder
- You can find installed files usually at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components folder
- Now, perform a right-click on the folder called downloadqb19 or downloadqb20 and then select the “Rename” option
- In the end, you have to add OLD at the end of the folder name and try once again to update your QuickBooks and payroll.
10. Solution Ten: If none of the solutions resolved your issue, try the below-outlined steps when updating QuickBooks Desktop
- In the beginning, run the Reboot.bat
- Then restart your system and try to open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, you’ll be asked to install an update then select the “Install Now” tab
- In case, you are still not able to install the update then you’re suggested to delete it and try again to download the update
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Move to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <versionXX> \Components
- Note: xx is the version of the QuickBooks Desktop, for example, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is DownloadQB19
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and then move to the Help menu >>> Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Mark the checkbox named “Reset the Updates” by going to the “Update Now” tab
- To re-download the updates, you have to select the “Get Updates” option
- Once you successfully download then close and re-open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Finally, go to the QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window and select the “Install Now” button.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106 on different Editions
QuickBooks Pro Payroll Update Error 15106
What it is & When it Occurs
Users encounter QuickBooks Payroll error 15106 when they are trying to update their software to the latest release because of an antivirus application that is installed in your system which is blocking the update process. At the same time, it’s true that it can happen in any edition or any version of QB. Likewise, the occurrence of QuickBooks Pro Error 15106 is common and the reasons can be the same due to the blockage of antivirus software.
Easy fixation is suggested below:
How to Fix It
Stop the Antivirus application and rename folders
- To open Task Manager, use Ctrl + Shift + Esc from your keyboard
- Next, look for the [ANTIVIRUS].exe under the Processes tab
- Spy Sweeper.exe is an example
- If you receive an error, uninstall the antivirus program
- End the process by selecting the same
- The QuickBooks update folder should be renamed
- To open the File Explorer, press the Windows + E keys on your keyboard
- Move to the path Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components
- For 64-bit users, move to a location
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components
- Rename the downloadqbXX folder by right-clicking on the same
- It’s worth noting that XX refers to the QuickBooks year version
- For example, for QuickBooks Desktop 2018, type downloadqb18.
- .old should be added to the end of the name
- Downloadqbxx.old is an example
- Finally, try re-updating your QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the latest updates on QB
- Close your company file as well as QuickBooks
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop on the internet
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click the icon
- Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop while on the “No Company Open” screen
- Select the Options option from the drop-down menu
- After that, select “Save” followed by the “Mark All” option
- Select the “Reset Update” checkbox on the Update Now tab
- Select “Get Updates” when you’re ready
- Close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop after the update is complete
- Select “Yes” to apply the updates
- Restart your computer after the installation is complete.
Download the most recent payroll tax table if you have a Payroll subscription so you may handle payroll in QuickBooks Desktop. Keep in mind that your Payroll subscription must be active in order to use it.
QuickBooks Premier Payroll Update Error 15106
What it is & It’s Causes
As discussed above, the update error can happen in any edition of QB and it is mostly seen when a user tries to download updates in QuickBooks Premier Error 15106. You will receive an error message stating that the updated program cannot be launched. The issue actually says that something is preventing the QuickBooks update application from running. For the Premier edition, you’re also suggested to implement the same troubleshooting as you applied for the Pro edition. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks using a Clean Install Tool to fix the error.
Before you start troubleshooting make sure,
- Create a backup of your company file
- Keep a copy of your QB product and license information
How to Fix It
Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Gather all your QB product information
- Install QuickBooks on your computer using the installer for your version of the software.
- Keep your driver’s license number on hand. If you purchased a digital version, it should be in the original package or in the buy confirmation email.
- Note the year and version of your product.
Step 2: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
If you’re having trouble uninstalling QuickBooks, it’s possible that something is wrong with your computer. You can uninstall it by removing the software from the applications list. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Start menu in Windows
- Then access the Control Panel by searching the same within the Search box
- Uninstall a program or select the tab named “Programs and Features”
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version that you want to uninstall from the list of applications
- Uninstall/Change and then select the “Remove” tab
- After that, select the “Next” button
- If you don’t see this option, sign out of Windows and back in as an administrator (or a user with admin rights).
Step 3: Reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop
- First, open the QuickBooks.exe file
- Perform the instructions along with that you have to accept the software license agreement
- After that, select the “Next” button
- Enter the Product and License numbers
- Again click “Next” to proceed further
- In the next step, you have to choose the install type which is right for you
- You have two options: Express Install or Custom and Network Install
- Once you choose the right install type
- With this, start the installation
- When it finishes, select the “Open QuickBooks” option.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106 on different Windows
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
If the error code occurs on Windows versions that indicate User Account Control (UAC) settings have been incorrectly done. However, it is quite possible that there might be other factors that are also responsible for the error. Moreover, UAC increases security for all users. Its major goal is to secure the computer and limit the operating system’s exposure and attack surface.
With limited privileges, an administrator can operate most apps, components, and processes. However, for specific administrative computer chores and application functions, he or she can elevate or increase the privilege. To know more about QuickBooks Error 151506 on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, you can read the complete article. The modifications of UAC settings can help you easily rectify the error.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Payroll Error 15106 on Windows 7, 8.1, 10
Below are recommended steps to correct or modify the UAC settings:
- To access the Run window, use the keys “Windows + R” from your keyboard
- Next, type the Control Panel followed by hitting the “Ok” button
- Choose “User Accounts” and then select “User Accounts” from the drop-down menu (Classic View)
- Change the user account control settings by selecting Change user account control settings. (Note: If UAC prompts you, choose Yes to proceed)
- Slide the slider up or down to select the below option:
- To turn off UAC, set it to Never Notify and select OK.
- To enable UAC, set it to Always Notify and click “Ok”
- Note: if prompted by UAC, select Yes to continue
- Finally, reboot your PC.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106 on different Versions
Also known as payroll update error, QuickBooks payroll Error 15106 indicates that something is preventing the software from updating all versions of QB. QuickBooks Desktop can be updated automatically or manually. When you enable Automatic Updates, QuickBooks automatically downloads and installs the most recent updates as soon as they become available. Check for updates at least once a month if you opt to do them yourself.
Steps to check if you have the latest release;
- Start with opening the QuickBooks Desktop
- Press the F2 (or Ctrl + 1) to open the Product Information window
- Check the current version and release.
See if you have the latest available release for your version:
QuickBooks 2021 Payroll Update Error 15106
Regular updates give you a better experience and assist in fixing multiple issues. Each new update includes all of the previous updates’ changes. QuickBooks will download updates for you if you have automatic updates set on. You can manually check for updates at any time.
Release 12 (R12)
Fix an issue that is prohibited QuickBooks 2018 users from opening memorized reports. After updating to this release, run Rebuild Data to repair memorized reports. When a credit memo was applied and subsequently unapplied from an invoice, the invoice would reflect an inaccurate balance amount.
Release 11 (R11)
When you use unsupported dates on your 1099-NEC Memorized report, you can fix it by updating this release 11. Change your date range from 1/1/2020 to 12/31/2020 on the 1099-NEC Memorized report. For low-resolution displays, an issue with the Process Payment Receipt window was fixed. When recalculating tax after making a sales tax item non-taxable, an issue caused a Sales Receipt out of balance error.
Release 6 (R6)
|Reporting||QuickBooks 2018 users were unable to open memorized reports due to a bug. Run Rebuild Data after updating to this release to repair memorized reports.|
Release 5 (R5)
In this Update Release (R5), new Federal compliance rules require Payroll users to use the Direct Deposit service to update their Payroll account information in order to avoid disruption.
Release 4 (R4)
Customers and Vendors have granular data level access with Data Level Permissions (v1), which was released in QuickBooks Enterprise 21 R1. This functionality now includes Employees in R4, allowing for detailed data access at the record level.
QuickBooks 2020 Payroll Update Error 15106
Many QuickBooks users around the world are experiencing the issue of QuickBooks Payroll not being able to replace and receive QuickBooks error 15106 in 2020. On the other hand, QB has its own set of positive challenges and issues, one of which is error code 15106. It happens when users are trying to update since the new 2020 update release.
There are two most apparent reasons for getting this error when updating the program:
- You might log in as an Administrator on your system
- Antivirus is blocking the update.
Possible Solutions to Resolve Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15106 in 2020 Version
You can try disabling the Antivirus software and then you’re supposed to do a right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon. Moving forward, select the option “Run as an Administrator” and then change your access to an administrator. If you still receive the same error code, then you should try turning off the User Account Control (UAC). The detailed steps for the same are discussed in the above solution section of this article.
QuickBooks 2019 Payroll Update Error 15106
What it is & It’s Causes
Well, QuickBooks Error 15106 belongs to the 15000 series error which is also known as payroll update error. When you try to install the most recent update and it fails to open because the upgraded software is damaged, QuickBooks Error 15106 appears in 2019. There is a slew of options for resolving this problem in QB Desktop, as you’ve already explored in the above write-up.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 in 2019 Version
Fix it by disabling or uninstalling Antivirus and renaming folders
You can disable your antivirus for a short period of time in order to avoid QuickBooks update error 15106:
- Select Windows Notification Area from the drop-down menu
- Make a right-click on your antivirus, and it will prompt you to temporarily disable it
- If you can’t find a way to disable it, you’re recommended to contact your antivirus provider
- After that, reinstall your QuickBooks update.
If disabling your antivirus works for you, but if it doesn’t, uninstall it completely.
- A Run box will appear if you press the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard
- Click the “Ok” button after typing the appwiz.cpl into it
- Select your antivirus from the list of programs and click Uninstall
- Uninstalling may take some time.
Your QuickBooks Update folder must also be renamed
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + E keys together
- Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)\Components
- Now search for DownloadQBXX and do a right-click on it
- Your QuickBooks version is denoted by the letter XX (For example, DownloadQB29 denotes QuickBooks Desktop 2019)
- Select the “Rename” option and then add .old to the end of the name (For example, DownloadXX.old)
- Finally, try again to update your QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll.
QuickBooks 2018 Payroll Update Error 15106
What it is & When it Occurs
Users encounter issues related to QuickBooks Payroll unable to update that usually appears with a QuickBooks payroll Error 15106 in your 2018 version. Because the user is not logged in as an administrator, there must be some restriction on writing or reading new files. Intuit suggests various ways to get rid of the error.
Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 in 2018 Version
You can try the below-outlined steps to resolve the error when updating QuickBooks Desktop and downloading the latest Payroll tax table.
- First, login in or sign in as a system administrator
- Verify if you have any antivirus software running on the computer, for example, Webroot Spyware Sweeper
- Next, hit the “Enter” key by following the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys altogether from your console
- Now, go to the Processes tab and look for the Spy Sweeper.exe file
- If you didn’t see any option, process with the step 4
- Select the file named “Spy Sweeper.exe” followed by clicking on the “End Process”
Important Note: If you receive an error, you suppose to uninstall the Webroot Spyware Sweeper using “Add/Remove Programs” in the Windows
- Move to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components
- After that, change the downloadqbxx folder name by adding old at the end of the name (for example, downloadqbxx.old)
- Once done with that then reset the QuickBooks Desktop update
- In case, you’re using 64-bit, look for the C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components
- In the “downloadqbxx.old”, “xx” stands for QuickBooks version year i.e, downloadqb18 for QuickBooks Desktop 2018.
- If the issue still appears and you are unable to update your QB, disable your Antivirus software.
- Try another way to disable Windows Defender on your system.
- If you’re using Windows 8 user, turn off UAC (User Account Control) temporarily, however, the steps might be changed to UAC Settings in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7):
- Press the Windows + R keys together from your keyboard to open the Run box
- In the appearing open search, type Control Panel followed by clicking Ok
- Choose the User Account >>> User Accounts (Classic View)
- After that, select the “Change User Account Control” Settings
- When you receive a prompt, select “Yes” to continue
- Move your slider and set it to Never Notify
- Once done then select “Ok” to turn off the UAC
- If you have to turn UAC notifications and select Ok
- Finally, restart your PC and check for errors whether it is resolved or not.
QuickBooks 2017 Payroll Update Error 15106
QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106 in 2017 usually occurs when a user tries to download a payroll update or QuickBooks release. The error shows a failure to download the full update due to unknown reasons.
The reasons that instigate QuickBooks Payroll error 15106:
- Internet Explorer’s digital signatures are either not registered or absent.
- QuickBooks does not use Internet Explorer as its default browser.
- The date and time settings on the computer system are incorrect.
- The user does not have administrative access to the system.
Solutions to rectify the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106 in 2017 Version:
- Go to the QuickBooks root folder after closing the QuickBooks application
- Double-click on a QBW.32 exe file to open it
- Select the Digital Signature option from the Properties menu
- Check that Intuit, Inc. is shown in the signature list and then select “Details”
- In the Digital Signature window, go to the “Certificates” and click “Install Certificate”
- Finally, click on the “Finish” tab.
- Shut down QuickBooks and stop the program in the Task Manager
- In the Taskbar, click on the “Windows Explorer” icon
- Select “Manage” from the context menu when you do a right-click on the “My Computer” icon
- In the left pane, select “Services and Applications”, then double-click the Services item
- Later, point to the drop-down arrow by clicking twice on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS
- Under the General tab, select the Startup type and the Manual option.
- Select “Start” after clicking the “Apply” button
- In the end, click the Ok button.
QuickBooks 2016 Payroll Update Error 15106
What it is & When it occurs
Webroot antivirus software contains a feature called “spy sweeper” and it’s possible that you haven’t logged in as an administrator are the two basic reasons that are responsible for QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106 in 2016 occurring while updating payroll.
Possible Ways to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 in 2016 Version
You can rectify the error by:
Performing a Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup Mode
It mainly involves 5 steps; make sure you carefully perform each and every step:
Step 1: Before you start the clean install, make sure you have all of your data ready
- Make a copy of your Company File as a backup
- Before you begin, make sure you have the license number or product number on hand.
Step 2: Selective Startup mode is the best way to start your computer
- Open the Run dialogue box
- Next, on the keyboard, type MSConfig and press the Enter key
- Go to the General tab on the newly opened window
- Select the option for Selective Startup and Load System Services
- Now navigate to the Services tab
- Select “Hide all Microsoft Services” from the drop-down menu
- Choose “Disable All” from the drop-down menu
- To unhide it, remove the tick mark from Hide all Microsoft Services
- Make sure the Windows installer checkbox is selected
- To save all of your changes and close the window, click the OK button
- Restart your computer if necessary.
Step 3: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- On your machine with Windows
- Search for the Control Panel in the Start menu search field
- Choose Programs from the drop-down menu
- Select Programs and Features even more
- Now you’ll have to move on to the list of applications
- Search for the QuickBooks Desktop version you’re using and pick it
- Then, with a right-click, select Uninstall/Change
- Choose the option to uninstall a software
- Then follow the procedures to completely uninstall it.
Step 4: Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop once again
- Go to the Downloads folder on your Windows PC
- Search for the QuickBooks desktop version’s download.exe file
- Then, to begin the installation, double-click on it.
- The Wizard for Installation window appears.
- You must select the suggested installation and then follow the procedures outlined.
- When you’re finished, click the Finish button.
- After switching to regular mode, you can begin using the QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 5: Again switch back to the Normal startup mode
- Activate the Run window
- Type MSConfig and then hit the Enter key
- Select the “General” tab from the drop-down menu
- Then select Normal Startup from the drop-down menu
- To save and exit the window followed by click the OK button
- Finally, start your computer in Normal mode by restarting it.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011
What it is & It’s Causes
When you try to download QuickBooks Desktop updates, QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106 occurs. You will receive an error message stating that “Update program can’t be opened. Update program is damaged”. Though it is an update error and it’s obvious that it occurs in any versions of QuickBooks while updating your software including QuickBooks payroll Error 15106 in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, and so on.
There are two main reasons are responsible for the error:
- Webroot antivirus software may contain Spy Sweeper.
- Another explanation for the issue could be that you logged in with a user who does not have administrative permissions.
Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011
Try re-updating your QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll to fix the error:
There are 3 ways to update your application involving:
- All programs should be shut down
- Then right-click QuickBooks and choose Run as Administrator from the menu
- When opening QuickBooks, hold down the Ctrl key throughout the process
- Release the Ctrl button after the No Company popup appears
- Select “Help” from the drop-down menu
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop from the drop-down menu
- Select the “Options” tab from the drop-down list
- Then click “Reset Updates” after checking the box “Mark All”
- When you’re ready, click “Get Updates” to begin downloading the update
- Restart QuickBooks after the download is finished, and then updates will be installed.
- Click the Help menu within QuickBooks
- Select “Update QuickBooks” from the drop-down menu
- Select the “Update Now” tab from the drop-down menu
- After searching for updates, once has been found
- Then choose “Get Updates” to begin the process of downloading the update
- Restart your QuickBooks application after the update has finished downloading
- Accept it when prompted, and the updated release will be installed.
Schedule Automate Update
- Start with launching the QuickBooks application
- In QuickBooks, go to the Help menu
- Choose “Update QuickBooks” from the drop-down menu
- Select the Options tab
- Additionally, click “Yes” to enable automatic updates in your QB account
- Then, to close it, click the Close button
- When updates become available, your QuickBooks program now does them automatically.
Error 15106 is a QuickBooks Desktop error that occurs when you are trying to update the software or when you are trying to install a new payroll update. This error can be caused by a number of factors, including a problem with your internet connection, an issue with your firewall or antivirus settings, or a problem with the QuickBooks update server.
Here are some steps you can try to resolve QuickBooks Error 15106:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet and that you are able to browse the web.
- Check your firewall and antivirus settings. Your firewall or antivirus software may be blocking QuickBooks from connecting to the server. You may need to add an exception for QuickBooks in your firewall or antivirus settings.
- Reset your Internet Explorer settings. QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer for its connectivity, so if there are any issues with your Internet Explorer settings, it can cause Error 15106. To reset your Internet Explorer settings, follow these steps:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Reset Internet Explorer Settings section.
- Click the Reset button.
- Click the Close button.
- Restart QuickBooks and try to connect again.
- Repair your Internet Explorer installation. If resetting your Internet Explorer settings doesn’t resolve the issue, you may need to repair your Internet Explorer installation. To do this, follow these steps:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
- Select Internet Explorer from the list of programs and click the Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall Internet Explorer.
- Restart your computer.
- Open Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
- Click the Turn Windows features on or off link.
- Scroll down to the Internet Explorer section.
- Check the box next to Internet Explorer and click the OK button.
- Follow the prompts to install Internet Explorer.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks and try to connect again.
- Check for Windows updates. Make sure that you have the latest Windows updates installed on your computer. Outdated Windows operating systems can cause connectivity issues with QuickBooks.
I hope these steps help you resolve the Error 15106. If you are still having trouble, you may need to contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.
Firewall software, antivirus, and incorrect configuration can lead to software crashes when you’re installing an update on your system. So you immediately get the QuickBooks payroll error 15106. That’s why we’ve detailed in this post the latest solutions for this error in order to help you get the latest tax tables.
Why am I getting QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106?
💠 There are issues with your antivirus software. Sometimes, there is the Spy Sweeper present in it.
💠 The antivirus is blocking the update in your QuickBooks software.
💠 If you have not login with your username then you won’t get all the rights to access all the files so it becomes difficult to do this.
What are the other solutions rather than these mentioned solutions?
💠 You can turn off the User Account Control in the settings
💠 The clean install can be done for installing the QuickBooks in the mode of Selective Startup
💠 You have to rename the folders after stopping the antivirus
What if the tax table is not updated with the QuickBooks version?
In this case, you have to download and update both QuickBooks and the Tax table also to keep everything up to date. So that you won’t get any issues while working in your QuickBooks account.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support