QuickBooks Payroll allows for easy and swift integration with third-party apps that help in enhancing the user experience with the software and allows for getting more from the otherwise quite normal QuickBooks payroll software.
Now you can do it all in with one software — bookkeeping, expense management, payroll & taxes — with QuickBooks Payroll. This payroll software will make your accounting experience easier and faster.
About two Payroll Integration Apps, namely:
- Fishbowl Time and Labor Integration App
- Virtual TimeClock Export Integration App
Before starting with the process of integrating any of these two, we need to first set the payroll software for this integration through the following steps:
- Open your QuickBooks software (file). Select the Edit option from the menu bar and then the Preferences tab from the new drop-down menu.
- In the Preferences screen select Time & Expenses (probably the last option) from the left section of the window followed by the Company Preferences button. In this, the first question will be ‘Do You Track Time’ under the Time Tracking portion. Enable this question to ‘Yes’.
- Now go to the tab labeled Employee Center to open every employee section and then click the check box correct against the ‘Use Time Data to Create Paychecks’ option.
- Now the user needs to Export the file named Timer Lists. To do so follow the instructions below:
- Go to the menu bar and select the File option
- Under this choose the utility tab followed by the Export option.
- From side down menu select Timer Lists.
Note: The whole process needs to be done in Single User Mode. This mode is most acceptable for any sort of Import or Export tasks.
- To export the listing of Payroll items to excel follow the instructions below:
- From the menu select the Reports tab.
- Click on the Employees and Payroll option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Payroll Item Listing option from the side drop menu.
- Open the Excel program and then a new Worksheet to transfer the listing and then save it.
The process to integrate Fishbowl Time and Labor App
- Go to the menu bar and select the Settings tab.
- Now from the drop-down menu choose Payroll Integrations and then select Activate option.
- Now select the icon for settings.
- Select the timer lists as per your preference along with the files of payroll items that were previously exported from the QuickBooks Software. Now select Check Files.
- Now select those items like payroll which will be used with the integrated App – Fishbowl Time and Labor
Export of Hours for payroll with Fishbowl Time and Labor
- Select the module labeled Run Payroll followed by Pay Period that needs to be exported.
- Now select the Export option and then the file type of the user preference.
- Refer and verify the pay period mentioned in the popup window is correctly followed by the Export option.
Import of Payroll Hours with Fishbowl Time and Labor
- Go to QuickBooks software, and click on the File option from the menu bar.
- Under this file drop-down menu select the Utility option and Import tab from the side drop menu.
- Now click on the Timer Activities tab.
- Click on the Browse button and then locate .IIF file from the options. This file was exported from the Fishbowl Time and Labor App.
- Now click on Finish to complete the import process.
- When prompted click on the OK button on the Warning popup window
- The process is complete and successful.
Need QB Expert’s Help in QuickBooks Payroll Integration
Read: QuickBooks Payroll Integration Part – 2
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support