One of the common problems that occurs for QuickBooks users is crashing when it tries to launch and during license checking. When this issue happens, the user is not able to access the software, which hampers workflow.
QB POS is simple software that’s specifically designed for small and medium-sized retailers. It helps them track sales, make more profits, and save time. However, there are times when it encounters errors.
QuickBooks Point Of Sale is a retail solution developed by Intuit. It is a powerful platform that enables a user to pursue sales, customer, and inventory efficiently. But what happens when your POS system crashes? What will you do now as your profitable busy hour just turned for the worst?
Here are some possible reasons why QuickBooks POS keeps crashing.
- The system requirements for running the Point of Sale software have been changed.
- The server used to connect by the user is damaged
- Client workstation unable to find the server on the network
- Tight Windows security
- Installation damage in the Point of Sale installation software
Read This: QuickBooks POS Issues & Problems
Here are a few tips you should keep in mind when your POS system goes kaput:
- Alert your customers: You should inform your customers that there are some technical issues. Try to calm them down and be patient so that there is no chaos. You should look for other alternatives in this situation. If you are truthful towards your customers they will appreciate it and be calm. They will understand the situation and will give you ample of time to avoid confusion.
- Check for power plug-in and wires attached to terminals: Look for any cable wires that are pulled out or wire that are out of order.
- Inspect the breaker: During power outages, for preventative measures you can suggest your operators to hook terminals to battery packs.
- Terminals should be restarted: It may sound simple but it is not so simple as employee should know about the location of power button. If the machine is working, make sure that credit card readers are online. You should keep in mind that all your data is up-to-date.
- Do not move the terminal or wires that are crisscrossed:Check for all the breakers and wires. when your POS system crashes Try to reboot your system.
- Go for Manual Mode: If your POS system is not working, then go for manual method. Always keep a calculator, manual credit-card swipe and guest book because they are easy to use. Make sure your employees know the product prices to avoid confusions as well a tax applied on orders.
- Best Employees Attending the Customers: In situation like this, make sure that employees who can calmly tackle such occasions are handling customers who are waiting in queue. They should personally attend the customers and provide each and every information they need.
How to Fix the Error QuickBooks Point of Sale Keeps Crashing During License Checking
Back up your data before you start the installation. Reboot the system after installation and first time client log in. Verify that the Point of Sale system requirements are adequate, follow the sequence in this document as a guide.
Solution 1: Rename the WS Activity File
From our list of hidden files and folders, we’ve selected the ones you’ll want to keep.
- Press the Windows Start button -> Choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Choose to Organize -> Select Folder and Search Options.
- Press the View tab -> Select Show hidden files and folders -> Press to clear the Hide protected operating files checkbox.
- Press yes on the warning -> Click OK.
- Click Computer on the left window and follow the path C: Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataIntuitQuickBooks Point of Sale XXIni.( win7 C: ProgramDataIntuitQuickBooks Point of Sale vXXIni).
- Click WSActivity -> Choose Rename.
- Type OLDWSActivity -> Click to save the change.
- Close the window -> Open Point of Sale.
Solution 2: Remove the Contents of the Entitlement Client Folder
- To open Windows Explorer, click the Start button in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen -> Select Open Windows Explorer.
- Go to the “Organize” menu, select “Folders”, and choose “Search Options.”
- Click the View tab -> Select Show hidden files and folders.
- Disable the Hide protected system operating files checkbox.
- Click Yes on the warning -> Click OK.
- Search by following path C: Program DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv6.0.
- To find out -> click the arrow symbol next to each folder listed.
- Click the first file in this folder -> Select Delete -> Click OK.
- Repeat for each additional file in the v6.0 folder.
- If you’re not able to log into your account, try resetting your password by visiting the account settings page.
Solution 3: Verify Windows User Account Control Settings
Restricting User Account Control will leave your computer vulnerable to viruses and other security risks. To access UAC settings, go to Settings from the Start menu or Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Start -> type User Accounts.
- Click Change User Account Control settings.
Solution 4: Uninstall the Point of Sale program, Rename the entitlement client folder, and finally Reinstall Point of Sale
- Uninstall Point of Sale.
- Rename the entitlement client folder.
- Reinstall Point of Sale.
Crashing of Quickbooks Point of Sale is a technical issue and the user is advised to resolve the problem under the careful guidance of technical experts of the QuickBooks support team. when your POS system crashes Intuit has an in-house team of QuickBooks experts who are specially trained in dealing with such technical issues.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support