QuickBooks POS is unable to print tags
QuickBooks tag printer issues
QuickBooks not printing Bar codes when sending to the printer
Users encounter QuickBooks tag printer issues while printing tags in QuickBooks Point of Sale. Apart from that, you may also encounter multiple error messages regarding tag printer issues. It includes QuickBooks POS is unable to print tags / QuickBooks tag printer issues / QuickBooks not printing barcodes when sending to the printer. However, these tag issues arise due to a number of reasons. If you’re also troubled with your tag printer then this article must be helpful for you. So, stay tuned till the end of the article as it provides you with complete guidelines for the error.
The common QuickBooks tag printer errors are:
You may encounter any of the following errors and issues with your Tag Printer.
- Error: Barcode Active X class not registered ActiveX TBarcode 3.0.ocx
- The printer appears to function properly but the labels are either blank or have very faint printing
- Tags not printing
- The available designs field is blank or only shows Avery labels
- Jewelry tags are printed in between the tags and cut off while using the Zebra LP 2824 Plus printer.
Causes of QuickBooks tag printer issues
Here are some possible causes of QuickBooks Tag printer Issues. Which is mentioned list below:
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is not compatible with this printer.
- The printer’s thermal paper isn’t correctly installed.
- There is no connection between the printer and the computer.
- On the Point of Sale options, the printer is not configured.
- There is no printer available.
- You’re trying to print on tags that aren’t thermal.
- Zebra printer driver installation has been damaged or corrupted.
- Some Zebra printers were provided with insufficiently powered power supplies.
- Damaged printer drives.
Troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks tag printer Issues
Follow the procedures given below to go back to printing tags as soon as possible:
Method 1: Ensure that the printer is turned on, cables are properly connected and paper is available
- At both ends, disconnect and reattach the cable that connects the printer to the computer
- Make that the printer is turned on and plugged in properly
- Make sure the paper isn’t printing on the backside
Important Note: Scratch the thermal paper with a penny or your fingernail to see which side prints successfully.
- Ascertain that the power source is set to 20 volts
- Use the stock power supply if possible.
Method 2: Set the preferences for the POS (Point of Sale).
- In the first step, go to the File menu >>> Preferences >>> Workstation from the File menu
- Select the “Documents & Printers” tab from the drop-down menu
- Check to see that your printer is selected on the correct line
- Make sure you’ve chosen the right template for your printer
- In the last step, select the Save option.
Method 3: Check that the printer is turned on and that the queue is empty
- Select Control Panel from the Windows Start menu
- Select the devices and printers you want to use
- Select the printer that isn’t printing by right-clicking on it
- To bring the printer back online, select Use Printer Online if it is available.
Method 4: Print a test page for Windows.
- Initially, pick the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu
- Next, the “Devices and Printers” tab should be selected
- Choose Printer Properties from the right-click menu on Zebra LP2824
- Attempt the test page on each Zebra printer if you have more than one
- Print the test page by clicking the Print button
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and try to print a tag if the test page was successful
- If the test page does not print, stop all printing jobs and restart Windows:
- Close the Printer Properties window for the Zebra LP2824 Zebra printer
- Double-click the Zebra LP2824 printer, and then double-click the printer again
- Take a look at what’s coming out of the printer
- Select Cancel All Documents from the Printer menu
- In the next step, Windows should be restarted
- Reinstall the printer after deleting it.
Method 5: Make sure the correct USB port is chosen in the printer’s properties.
- Select Control Panel from the Windows Start menu
- Select Small icons from the View using the drop-down menu
- Select the “devices and printers” option that you want to use
- Choose “Printer properties” by right-clicking on the Zebra LP2824
- Select the relevant USB port for the printer under the Ports tab
- If you’re not sure which one is correct, ask the computer’s maker
- Once done with that then click on the “Ok” button
- If a USB port is not accessible, connect the printer to a different USB port and repeat the steps mentioned below:
- If no USB port is found after attempting all of the computer’s ports, one of the following problems may exist:
- It’s possible that the USB cord is faulty. Consult the printer’s seller for more information.
- It’s possible that the computer won’t recognize USB devices. For more information, contact the computer manufacturer.
Method 6: Reinstall printer drivers, if necessary
- Remove the printer from the Printers pane by right-clicking it
- And then select the “Remove Device” option
- Allow Windows to try to reinstall it automatically once you restart your computer.
Note: To reinstall the printer manually, follow the Zebra printer installation instructions.
Method 7: Bypass the Windows print spooling process
- Start with right-clicking on the printer in the Printers pane and then select Printer properties
- Select Print directly to the printer from the Advanced tab
- At last, choose the Ok tab.
If you’re having QuickBooks tag printer Issues from time to time, follow the instructions outlined above. However, if the problem persists and you’re unable to print from QuickBooks even after implementing the troubleshooting methods, you’re suggested to connect with a team of Experts via Live Chat.
How do I install QuickBooks POS Tag Printer to print tags and more?
1. First, make sure your printer is turned off.
2. Connect one end of the power supply to the printer and the other to the power source.
3. Use a USB cable to connect your printer to your computer.
4. After you’ve loaded your printer with tags or labels, turn it on.
5. Make sure your QuickBooks Point of Sale disc is inserted into your CD-ROM drive.
6. If the installation wizard opens, cancel the installation.
7. Go to QuickBooks Point of Sale and log in.
8. From the File menu, select Hardware Setup Wizard.
9. To install this tag printer, you must follow the directions provided on the screen.
10. Wait until you’re prompted to connect to the tag printer before doing so.
How do I check whether a printer can print outside QuickBooks?
The below steps help you to check the printer can print outside QB using your Notepad:
1. Select the “Start” icon and type “Notepad” into the search box
2. In the ‘Notepad’, type some text
3. Select “File” and then “Print” from the drop-down menu
4. Select the appropriate printer, and then select the “Print” tab.
What are the common reasons behind printing issues in QuickBooks?
The below listed are few reasons:
1. If the printer is turned off, this issue may arise.
2. If the paper tray is empty, it may also occur.
3. If the printer is not connected to the network or has been turned off.
4. The printer was not set up correctly.
5. If the default printer is changed or modified in any way.
6. If the user isn’t a system administrator.
7. Re-installation of QuickBooks is incorrect.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support