This QuickBooks error is generated by QuickBooks when users download and record merchant deposits and fees:
Users must select OK, exit QuickBooks, restart the computer and reopen QuickBooks. Now, choose ‘Banking’ and then ‘Record Merchant Services Deposits’. Then, users must try to download again by selecting the ‘Record all selected card deposits’ button.
Recording Merchant Service Deposits
Manually recording transactions
Users must select ‘Customers’ -> ‘Receive payments’ in QuickBooks and make an entry of the transaction. When the payment is received, users must select ‘Banking’-> ‘Make Deposits’. Now, all the payments in the batch must be selected and then users must choose ‘Save & Close’.
Manually recording missing deposits and fees
- Missing deposits: Users must navigate to the ‘Banking’ drop-down menu in QuickBooks and choose ‘Make Deposits’. Next, the items to be reconciled must be highlighted. Then, users must select ‘Make Deposits’ for moving the items to the bank account and completing the reconciliation.
- Missing fees: Users must create the corresponding bill for entering the missing fee.
Creating the bill
Users must go to ‘Vendor’-> ‘Enter Bill’ in QuickBooks. In the ‘Enter Bill’ window, users must choose the vendor allocated for Intuit merchant service account (if it’s not listed, choose ‘Add New’). Next, it must be ensured that the proper expense account is listed in the ‘Account’ section. Now, users must provide the fee amount in the ‘Amount Due’ section (this amount must also appear in the amount field below). Next, it must be ensured that the correct data is entered for the date of fee and then users must select the ‘Save & Close button for completing the bill.
Paying the fee
In the ‘Vendors’ drop-down, choose ‘Pay Bills’ and the bill that has been created will appear. Check this bill. (If there are several bank accounts, users must select the bank that the fees were withdrawn from.)
Now, select ‘Pay Selected Bills’ for completing the process, which will open a confirmation window.
Add Online Payment
If required then you can manually add the payment ;
- Firstly from the Action field choose the Add payment option.
- After that match the existing payment.
- You can do it by selecting the multiple payments and after that adding the selected payment.
- After that create an invoice by selecting Need Invoice.
- After this step, I will need to apply payments to the invoice.
- Then move to the customer menu and then choose the received payment.
Ready to Record
Below are the steps Ready to Record:
- In the first step compare and record all the transactions in a batch.
- After that, the batch will be visible on the ready to Record tab.
- In any case, you don’t get all the recorded transactions in a batch.
- Then will get a message mentioning the transaction has not been added.
Steps to find Recorded Information:
- This tab displays completely recorded transactions.
- You can easily manage or reveal all those transactions.
- This tab displays the Manually recorded transactions.
- The batch won’t get recorded if there are one or more transactions in a batch in this tab.
- Make sure that your bank statement and amount in QB is matching.
Resolving error: ‘To make a deposit, you need a valid expense account’
This error is due to insufficient QuickBooks user permissions. To fix it, the QuickBooks administrator must give the user these permissions:
- For ‘Checks: ‘Create’ and ‘Print’
- For ‘Chart of Accounts’: ‘Create’, ‘Modify’ and ‘View Account Balance’
Configuring deposit and fees account settings in QuickBooks
In order to download ‘Merchant Service Deposits and Fees’, users must select an account for downloading them. Users will also have to select an expense account for assigning the fees and withdrawing them from. Generally, this is the same bank account that is created in QuickBooks for reflecting the actual bank account where the funds are being deposited and fees being withdrawn.
For viewing the deposit options in newer QuickBooks versions, users must navigate to ‘Record Merchant Service Deposits’ and then select ‘Change your deposit settings’ at the bottom.
- First of all, the main menu of QuickBooks>then Banking >Record Merchant service deposits.
- After that from the bottom left corner choose the Change your deposit setting option.
- Make any type of modification according to your needs, from the merchant service deposit window.
- Once you make a payment then you have a chance to the advent of the new bill-
- Firstly mark this checkbox.
- After that create a bill.
- And make sure that there is not a single invoice created till now, not for a particular transaction and customer.
Your bank for deposit
here you can use a drop-down menu and you have permission to pick the financial institution in which you want to deposit your money.
This section allows you to upload a default options memo to add to your merchant provider transactions.
Your fees account
- Firstly pick the account type to use your expenses.
- And if you are not sure about the account type you must use, then consult with your accountant.
Your Bank for fees Withdrawal
To use this drop-down option pick the banking group from wherein you want to withdraw expenses.
Show welcome screen
If you want to get the welcome screen on every time when you open Merchant Service Deposits, so mark this checkbox.
Record deposits & Expenses Manually
For Manually Deposit
- Firstly open QuickBooks then select the Make deposit option from the Banking menu.
- Choose the relevant item that needs to be reconciled.
- Then press the Make deposit option to take this item to the bank account.
- Now complete the Reconciliation process.
Create the bill
- First of all, open QuickBooks.
- Into the primary menu, select vendors then enter bills.
- Move to the enter bills window and choose the supplier assigned for the intuit merchant carrier account from the vendor drop down.
- Check the data is equal to the date of expenses.
- And also check the Account subject contains the proper fee account.
- Give the amount of the fee in the due amount.
- Select the suitable expense account inside the Account field.
- Press save and close.
Pay the bill
- Firstly select the enter bills from the vendor’s menu.
- Then make sure about your account type and bank, if you have multiple bank account, check the mark on the invoice you created.
- Then click on the Pay selected bills.
- Press on the done in the payment summary window that shows up.
QuickBooks for Mac
You have to manually record merchant service deposits and prices because this feature is not available in QuickBooks for Mac;
- Firstly go to the main menu of QuickBooks.
- Click on Receive Payments from the customer menu.
- Then provide the transaction.
- When you receive the payment then select Make a deposit, and navigate to banking.
- Then select all the bills which are available in the batch.
- Click on save and close.
- If there need to be any type of changes or additional assistance at any time when making manual entries in QuickBooks Mac. contact us at the QuickBooks Support department.
Error : What is the process, In order to make a deposit, there is a requirement for the Valid Expense Account
You can face this problem because of some insufficient permission in QuickBooks
You can fix this issue easily, login as an administrator, and give the following permission to the user;
- Firstly check
- Then create
- Then Print
- After that charts of Accounts
- Again create
- Then Modify
- View Account Balance
Choose the Change your deposit settings option from the lower-left menu of the window.(to check the information)
Taking these steps should solve the problem. But if the error persists, or users need more information/help on the matter, they should call our highly trained QuickBooks Technical Support Team at the toll-free number.
Related Article – Solution for Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for Path
How would I download this payment from the merchant service?
You have turned on the“Automatic Matching” so QuickBooks make an easy way to track the “QuickBooks Deposits” and “Records of customer payment”
💠 First of all, open the “Banking Menu” and then choose the “Record Merchant Service Deposits” option
💠Then, make some new changes to the deposit settings
💠 After that, you have to turn on the “Match & Record” settings
💠 Click on “Save” and you are all done with this process.
What is merchant service deposit defined?
Merchant Account defines the type of bank that permits your business to accept all payments via credit or debit cards. When a customer pays for all services or products with their credit card, then all funds are deposited into the merchant account first. To complete the process, it was eventually transferred into the bank account.
How would I get access to utilize the service in QuickBooks?
To get access to the Merchant Service Center in QuickBooks Desktop
💠 Firstly, open the QuickBooks Desktop
💠 Then, you have to open your “Company File” which is linked with your “Merchant Services Account”
💠 Then, go to the “Customer Menu” and choose the “Credit Card Processing” option
💠 After that, choose the “Merchant Service Account” option and you get a permit to utilize all services.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support