QuickBooks, used by millions of business owners across the world, is one of the most efficient, cost-effective, and helpful accounting software in the world. Where this software could help businesses cut down the excessive resources to save them more money, energy, and manpower to utilize them in other spheres, it could become troublesome for them when the software encounters some kind of error. QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error is one of the errors barely understood by the general public. The Accountingerrors help-team is going to resolve this error in this article. Follow up step by step.
What does QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error mean?
It is a printer-related QuickBooks error. An error shows up every time you try to print something from QuickBooks. It reads: “splwow64 – Bad Image”. It is known as an intermittent error that shows up in some systems and doesn’t show up in others.
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error?
There are two reported reasons for this error:
- Either, the printer settings in QuickBooks are damaged.
- Or, the PDF Converter in QuickBooks is corrupt.
How to Fix QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error?
Follow the solution provided below to resolve the QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error on your Windows OS:
Follow these steps in the given manner:
Total Time: 12 minutes
We will open the Run window by pressing Windows + R Keys.
Now, we will type Regedit and hit enter. Regedit will open up.
From here we will follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers
Following the path, we will find a key named Version-3
We will enter the key and delete whatever value we will find inside.
(Now that we have completed this procedure, we need to open CMD (command prompt) with Administrator Rights.)
Go to the start menu and right-click on cmd.exe. Choose Run As Administrator.
Now, you need to enter a command: Net Stop Spooler
Now, we will go to Windows Explorer and follow the path C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\printers\and then C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3, and then delete all the files and folders you may find in there.
Now, we will go to CMD and type Net Start Spooler to start the spooler once again.
Next, we will open Devices and Printers.
Finally, we will remove all the printers available there and then add them again.
The printer shall start working again.
Following the process provided by the Accountingerros help team above, QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error should be resolved.
Resolve Splwow64.exe Application Errors in 3 Simple Steps
Here is the list of methods that are used successfully to fix the Splwow64.exe Application error:
- Restore PC back to the latest restore point
- Uninstall & Reinstall The Microsoft Office Access 2010 or related software
- You need to perform a windows update
There are several different solutions that may come in handy to fix the particular Splwow64.exe application error:
1. First Step: Restore PC back to the latest restore point
To start the restoration process for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 & 10, follow the mentioned below steps:
- Open your computer & click the windows start button.
- Navigate to the search box & type the “System Restore” and hit “ENTER” button on your keyboard.
- Once you get the search results, look for SYStem Restore & click on it.
- Now enter the administrator password (If required)
- Now, you have to follow each step carefully in the SYStem Restore Wizard to choose the relevant restore point.
- Now restore your computer to that backup image.
If you have tried the first method, but couldn’t resolve the splwow64.exe error, then please move forward to the second step below.
2. Step Two: Uninstall & Reinstall The Microsoft Office Access 2010 or related software
To uninstall the Microsoft office access 2010 software in windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10 by the following mentioned below steps:
- Log into your windows computer
- Click on windows start button
- Look for the search box & type “Uninstall” and hit the “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- Once you have the search results, find the “Add or Remove Programs” & click on it.
- Now, find the entry for Microsoft Office Access 2010 14 & click on uninstall.
- Now follow the prompt instruction for the uninstallation process to be done.
Once the Microsoft office access 2010 software is completely uninstalled, now restart your computer and Reinstall the software.
Hopefully, this step has resolved the error, if step two also fails, then you can consider giving it a try at step three.
3. Step Three: You need to perform a windows update
To perform a windows update, you need to follow the mentioned step-by-step guide for a smoother process.
- Log into your system & hit the windows start button
- Look for the search box & type “Update” in it & then press the “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- Now click on “Check for Updates” in the windows update dialog box.
- If there is an update available for download then click on “Install Updates”.
- Once you have finished with the update process, please give a restart to your computer PC
However, if you face some issues regarding the solution, or you require some extra help to resolve any other QuickBooks product-related problems, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts team. They are a third-party company with an amazing QuickBooks Help Desk of brilliant experts. You can contact them by CALL NOW.
See Also QuickBooks Fatal Application Error
What does QuickBooks Splwow64 Exe Application Error mean?
Splwow64.exe is a Windows center system file. Errand Manager records it as the “Printer driver has for 32-digit applications. All in all, splwow64.exe permits 32-bit applications to associate with the 64-bit printer spooler service on x64 Windows.
Why did I receive the QuickBooks Splwow64?
Splwow64.exe is a Windows center system file. The program runs behind the scenes and isn’t regularly noticeable In the services, window look down and right-click Print Spooler at that point select Properties. Hit the next click on the startup type drop-down menu and choose the disabled option.
How to Disable QuickBooks Splwow64 to resolve the error issue?
Press the Windows + R key together to view the Run box. Then, you have to write services MSC and hit the enter key. Now, you need to browse and then click on Print spooler. After this, you have to choose the Properties. Then, go to the startup type and choose the Disabled option, and hit the OK button. Restart your system to work with QuickBooks without any error.