Unknown client-specific tax form printing error in QuickBooks encounters when the tax table form files are corrupted, missing, or damaged. It interrupts the download process of the tax table and causes barriers in installation. It creates a printing form error.
Quickbooks has been proven a great utility as an accounting and finance managing software. Being utilized by small and medium-sized businesses, Quickbooks has become one of the most useful software over the years for its great capability to handle and manage payroll, paybooks, and tax tables without hassle.
It cuts down the excessive use of paper and manpower while adding some extra time to one’s clock. But even Quickbooks is susceptible to errors and glitches which might hinder one’s work. These errors and glitches could be dealt with very easily by using a little bit of technical knowledge.
What is Quickbooks Unknown Client Specific Tax Form Printing Errors?
At times when one is printing state forms or forms 940, 941, DC Form FR 900A, DC Form FR 900B, W2, and W3, we receive these errors:
- Unknown client-specific tax form printing error: 214, 539, 202, or 10508.
- Unknown Client specific tax form printing error 900.
The errors mentioned above have specific conditions. Errors 214, 539, 202, or 10508 take place when Tax Table form files are either missing or damaged. This happens because of the hindered download or installation of the Tax Table. While error 900 occurs once we surpass the 12 payments for the year for which we are preparing the form.
Ways of Resolving Quickbooks Unknown Client-Specific Tax Form Printing Errors
Use the below steps to resolve this issue:
- To resolve Unknown client-specific tax form printing errors: 214, 539, 202, or 10508
- Unknown Client-specific tax form printing error 900
We are going to go through a few simple solutions to resolve these errors. We assume that you have an active Quickbooks Payroll Subscription:
1. Solution One: To resolve Unknown client-specific tax form printing errors: 214, 539, 202, or 10508
Steps to resolve Unknown client-specific tax form printing errors: 214, 539, 202, or 10508
- Please look at the list and check out the active and inactive items for the invalid characters. The invalid characters could be a # or a Space, where there are not supposed to be there:
- Payroll Item List
- Employee Name List
- Chart of Accounts
- Vendor List
- Company Information window
- We will update Quickbooks to its most recent release. Make sure that all the updates are selected on the Options Tab.
- We’ll download the latest Tax Table.
- Finally, we will perform a full uninstall/reinstall in Selective Startup.
2. Solution Two: Unknown Client specific tax form printing error 900
Quickbooks Check Points Resolution for Unknown Client-Specific Tax Form Printing Errors:
- Select Lists from the top toolbar of
- Select Payroll Item> Highlight DC-Withholding payroll item.
- Press CTRL Q to open a quick report.
- Click Modify Report> Display Tab> Dates> Select the last calendar year.
- Click Filter> Choose Filter> Select transaction type.
- Click the down arrow beneath Transaction Type> Payroll Liability Check> Ok
- In the display report, there will be more than 12 liability checks in the year:
- Either we will remove the checks that do not belong to the current year, or we will merge checks until we reach 12 in total.
- Once the liability checks are consolidated and there are only 12 of them left, we shall be able to prepare the annual reconciliation form.
Need Professional Help?
You should be able to resolve your Quickbooks Unknown Client-specific Tax Form Printing Error by following the methods provided above. The process is simple. In case you require some extra help in resolving the issues, or you need assistance with some other Quickbooks-related issues, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks experts team. They are third-party vendors who have great expertise in dealing with Quickbooks-related issues.
What included invalid characters in the tax table form?
💠 Payroll item list
💠 Employee Name List
💠 Vendor List
💠 Chart of Accounts
💠 Company Information Window
Is there a payroll service subscription for downloading the latest tax tables?
Yes, you need to subscribe to the QuickBooks payroll service subscription. Here are the steps you need to follow:
💠 Hit on the Subscribe option or click the Account info button for the expired subscription
How can I set automatic updates in QuickBooks?
💠 Locate Help option
💠 Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop
💠 Discover Options button
💠 Hit on the Yes button to turn on automatic update
💠 Choose Close button