Sage 50 (Peachtree) has ruled the market of high-grade accounting solutions since quite a few years. The company has created a niche in the industry of accounting solutions for small and medium sized companies. One of the eminent features that make Sage 50 (Peachtree) one of the most preferred companies for accounting solutions is the fact that all the accounting tools developed by Peachtree are of high quality. Plus, Sage 50 (Peachtree) is known to manufacture only such accounting tools that are extremely easy to use. However, sometimes errors like Sage 50 Error 1628 “Failed to complete installation” might come up.
Sage 50 (Peachtree) changed its name to Sage 50, but the quality and the class of the accounting software remains the same. Though, the company keeps evolving its products just to make sure that they meet all the diversified demands of the companies.
Now, if we talk about the Sage 50 Error 1628. It is a pretty normal sort of an error and can be rectified with just a few steps. It occurs basically at the time of installation and un-installation of the program. Download Latest Version of Windows Installer Package on your System to Solve Sage 50 Error 1628 “Failed to Complete Installation”
Sage has become a world-renown provider of accounting software. The company was founded in 1981 in Newcastle, England. it has speedily become one of the biggest enterprise among the software companies all around the world. The company prides itself with over 6 million customers.
To enhance businesses, both small and medium, on its financial and accounting processes; Sage has introduced several products. Some of them are:
- Sage Intacct which helps CFOs to access integrated reports of the management and financial processes across their businesses without time time consumption. This is in order that they may grow and drive their businesses to profit.
- Sage 100 aids with growing a company with accounting,distribution , manufacturing,inventory management etc.
- Sage Fixed Assets helps in forecasting and planning for expected depreciation and making the budgets more accurate.
- Sage 300 helps you manage finances, inventory, and operations in multiple languages and currencies.
Benefits of Using Sage Software
- Accounting Made Easy: Helps in tracking expenses, sending invoices, paying employees, managing inventory, receiving payments, controlling cash flow and preparing taxes without place and time consumption.
- Staying on budget: Sage Accounting Software can help the user know how much he/she is spending, about billing procedures, and getting paid in order that the user is able to remain stay cash-flow-positive.
- Getting Organized: The Accounting software helps in saving, organizing and/or retrieving financial data including invoices, returns, credits etc.
- Helping the User’s Business to scale up: Sage Accounting software enables user to expand his/her business abroad.
- Aids in vendor management
- Due to Cloud, a user can access the information required or work anywhere or everywhere.
- Helps in creating financial clarity and aids in making effective, precise management with simple tools.
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Causes of Sage 50 Error 1628 “Failed to complete installation”
Failed To Complete Installation
|Error 1628 “Failed to Complete Installation”
Failed To Complete Installation
|Due to the incomplete installation or the corruption of the sage file
|Windows contains some kind of virus
|Sage Error 1628 can be fixed easily by downloading the install shield folder first thing,then download latest version of windows installer package on your system.
Causes of Sage 50 Error 1628 “Failed to complete installation”
The Sage error 1628 is caused due to the incomplete installation or the corruption of the sage file,it can also be caused if your windows contains some kind of virus, if your NET Framework has expired,If you have mistakenly deleted imported files related to the Sage 50 software.
The causes have been also mentioned below:
- Third party irreconcilable program running in the background at the same time.
- Memory or space related issues may be one of the reasons for this error.
- Attacks of viruses.
- Using a bad graphic driver.
Solutions to Fix The Sage 50 Error 1628 “Failed to complete installation”
There are a few solutions by which the sage error 1628 can be fixed, the Sage Error 1628 can be fixed easily by downloading the install shield folder first thing,then download latest version of windows installer package on your system.
The Methods are also mentioned below in detail:
1. Method One: Download the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility
- Use the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility
- For using Microsoft Easy Fix Utility, you would have to first download it.
- After downloading successfully just run the program
- The problem should be solved with the help of the utility
2. Method Two: Uninstall the program via the command prompt
- First get to the Run window by pressing Windows+R keys and the command window will open up
- Now, in the Run command window just type in, Regedit, and after that select OK
- Choose the File, and then click on Export in order to create a backup of the registry
- Now, browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall\
- After this just click on Edit, and after that click on Find
- Insert Sage 50 in the search pop up window, and select the option Find
- Carry on your search until you get the program listed which you were trying to uninstall
- And, on the right hand side of the window, look for the key named as UninstallString, and double-click on the option in order to copy the string
- Hit the OK button and select Registry Editor
- Now, press the Windows+R keys
- Key in CMD, and then select OK
- Right-click the DOS window, and after that choose Paste
- After that press the Enter key
- That’s all, now you just have to follow the screen prompts
Alternate Solutions to fix Sage Error 1628 – failed to complete the installation
Here you get some alternate solutions to fix the Sage 50 error 1628 when above solution doesn’t work.
#1. Change the name of the InstallShield folder
Here are the steps to rename the InstallShield folder:
- First, Go to my computer and open the folder drive/program files/common files
- Then right tap on the InstallShield file folder and tap on rename.
- Write installshield1 and hit enter button
- Now attempt to install it.
#2. Download or update the latest windows installer
Below are some points to keep in mind to install or update Windows Installer:
- Download the .msu or .exe file for your version of Windows that you are using.
- x86 means that you have a 32-bit version of Windows
- x64 means that you have a 64-bit version of windows.
- If you don’t know about your operating system you have to download and install the x64-based version. In the Guidance, you will see details about the proper file to use.
#3. Locate the file and then close
Steps to find the file and then close the files:
- First, open the task manager and tap on taskmgr.exe in the programs list.
- On the operation tab, in the image name column, find idriver.exe and msiexec.exe.
- Choose each instance of both methods, and then click end process.
- Tap end operation on each windows task manager window that opens
- Close the task manager
#4. Create a new user account
Follow these steps to create a new user account:
- Tap on the windows button and then tap on the control panel.
- Then tap on user accounts and family safety
- In the user accounts click on add or remove user accounts.
- After that create a new account.
- Write the account name and select the account type: Standard or Administrator.
- Click create an account that you just selected
- Tap on create a password
- Sign out your current account
- Now log in using the new account
- Then Start Installation.
#5. Perform a clean startup method
When you start MS windows other software may activate automatically jointly with the operating system. When you create a clean startup you stop these programs from starting automatically as an admin. If the system is connected to a network, the network setting may also prevent you from carrying out this method.
See Also – Fix Peachtree Error 1639
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with Sage Technical Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using SAGE Peachtree (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following Sage (50, 100, 200, Payroll, Peachtree, Cloud, 3X, Impact, HRMS, CRM, ERP, One & Fixed Assets) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- Sage Printer Support
- Complete Sage Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- Sage Windows Support