Why Sage 50 cannot open the database or company file & How to Fix It?
Sage 50 Accounting Software is used by small and medium business all around the world. Sage 50 has many different features, which makes it easy for Users to handle their finances. Sage 50 faces a few Errors with no fault of the user. Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database or Company File is caused due to lost connection and network. This Sage 50 error may stop your workflow, and you will not able to perform your important task for you business. The easiest Solution to this Sage 50 Error is to Restart the System. To Know More about this Sage 50 Error Keep Reading this Article.
|Error Code||Cannot Open The Database or Company File||Developer:||Sage Group|
|Error Description|| |
“Unable to Open Database Or Company File”
|Cause||Key Files, may be moved or deleted, mistakenly||Applies to:||Windows|
|Symptom||System Facing Network Error||Possible Solution||Check the System’s Antivirus Settings|
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database or Company File
Unable to Open Database or Company File
Cause of The Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database or Company File
The Cause for Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database or Company File error is because the company file shuts down after creating a backup.
For more information read below in detail:
- Damaged and corrupted company files of your system.
- Attacked of virus and infection of malware and virus of the system.
- Moved or deleted key files or it may be deleted manually mistakenly.
- Some time the user may be improperly shutdown.
- Due to connection lost and network error.
Solution of The Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database or Company File
To Solve Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database or Company File error rise the permissions of Sage 50 & Move the data to a location from where it can be accessed.
For more information read below in detail:
1. Solution One: Restart The System
- Test with their sample company first
- Open the same company file and click on next
- Click on finish and restart the system.
2. Solution Two: Check The Firewall Settings
- Check the properly configuration of firewall on their server.
- Also check the network connection.
- Check the company data is stored on a server.
- The user needs to move the data into new folder.
- The user needs to make sure they give full permission to everyone.
- Open the data and new folder.
3. Solution Three: Restart The Computer
- Open the file and restart the computer where the data is located.
- And again try to open the file.
4. Solution Four: Check Antivirus
- Check the antivirus and firewall setting on your system.
5. Solution Five: Work with SAJ Folder
- Right select the SAJ folder, click on properties
- Click on security tab.
- Click on and open the SAJ folder.
- Delete and locate the file process.pid.
- After complete this steps you need to restart your computer.
6. Solution Six: The Workstation and Server Setup should be in private mode
- Choose the Bottom Window icon, which is the Start Menu and type home group
- Select Changes Network location from, from home group
- Choose Discover Able Yes
- Select the Open Network and Sharing Center by Right Clicking on Network
- Close the Window after checking that the network is private
Sage 50 Cannot Open Current Company File because it is being used by an another Application:
When a user Sometimes tries to open the Current Company File and the File Shows an Error and does not Open, one of the Reasons this happens is because the Sage 50 Software is being used by Another Application. This can be Solved by turning off the firewall on the server or the Sage 50 Software should be Upgraded for the correct Serial Number.
Sage 50 Cannot Open Company File because a Required Data File Is Missing:
When a User Is Searching for a File they want to work with or make changes in the file but cannot find it because it may have been deleted or missing can also cause the Company file not to open. If the Company is moved to a different server or system can also cause the Sage 50 Cannot Open Database or Company File. If both the SAJ & SAI Folders are found, create a new folder on the desktop or local C: Drive on the System which will help solve the Sage 50 Cannot Open Company File because a Required Data File Is Missing Error.